Per Benjamin Allbright, McDermott's "seat is warm"

HappyDays

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

That rebuild is coming no matter what. Hyde and Poyer are done. Von is done. White is probably done. Our foundational pieces are Rousseau, Oliver, Bernard, and to some extent Benford. So now is actually the perfect time to bring in a new coach so he can manage that rebuild himself. Delaying it another year only makes it worse.

Replacing Poyer and Hyde would be a lot easier than replacing the system. 

We don’t have great individual players on defense.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think it’s mostly the defensive players that blow it. Look at the games we blow at the end and you’ll see Poyer, Hyde, White or Milano getting beat. 

Our best players don’t make plays in crunch time. 

Sure they're part of it, but it's also mind numbingly stupid play calls and fame management by the HC.  The root of all issues with this team is the conservative, gutless, fearful HC who is an absolute cancer to this team as far as I'm concerned.  CARVE OUT THE CANCER!

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

Why keep McD?  Honest question.  Ask yourself this, and be honest.

Can you see McD winning the SB next year?  Do you honestly think he can do it, if given another chance?  I don't.  I have zero faith in him doing that, and that is the goal.

Yes, a new coach may not be any better, may even be worse, but if they give us an actul chance to win it all, I will roll the dice.

This 100%

Just now, Preds said:

Sure they're part of it, but it's also mind numbingly stupid play calls and fame management by the HC.  The root of all issues with this team is the conservative, gutless, fearful HC who is an absolute cancer to this team as far as I'm concerned.  CARVE OUT THE CANCER!

I think we let the players off the hook way too often. Over and over again they fail to make a play. 

• Vomit 1

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

And what idiot wouldn't favor Levy or Harbaugh over McD?

Lol I just SPECIFICALLY said that’s not what I’m arguing and yet you keep trying to make it an argument. I’ve probably retyped this response about a dozen times now because I’m actually at a loss for words at how clueless you are. Welcome to the ignore list with the rest of your Harbaugh butt buddies.

17 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

I’m on the fence about it… Part of me wants him gone and then the other part of me says do you wanna go through 2 years of a rebuild… A new coach will want to bring in players to fit his scheme which means possibly dismantling half the roster we already have…

Miami saw an immediate improvement and didnt do any house cleaning when they upgraded from the Defensive-minded, "high character" Brian Flores to the young hotshot Mike McDaniel.

We're going to be flipping a bunch of players next year anyways, especially on D. So good time to do it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Miami saw an immediate improvement and didnt do any house cleaning when they upgraded from the Defensive-minded, "high character" Brian Flores to the young hotshot Mike McDaniel.

We're going to be flipping a bunch of players next year anyways, especially on D. So good time to do it.

Yea true that… I guess if we miss the playoffs this year f it let’s get rid of him and move on… 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Has there ever been a HC fired during the season when the team was 6-6?  Honest question.  I wanted McD gone two years ago.  I've been posting and getting flamed for years that he is a fraud.  But I doubt any HC has even been fired during the season when they are at 0.500.  

I don't know.

But I will tell you this... I come from business. And AS SOON AS we identify a problem, it's our responsibility to try and fix it. Many HAVE been calling for mcds head for some time.

Heck I have wanted him gone since end of last year. I thought I was generous giving him a pass on 13 seconds.

But now I think the bulk of the football world is now in the camp of McD is done. And so I think it's widely reasonably true that he has just now been clearly identified as the problem.

So I guess what I'm saying is I don't care if it's been done. Let's just rip the damn bandaid off and move onto somebody fresh and hopefully offensive minded.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Question (just asking since I don't know the answer):

Has a team with a known franchise QB that has not won a SB with that QB ever fired their HC and then gone on to win a SB with that same QB?

(Teams like the Packers in 2005 don't count since when Mike Sherman was fired, they had Rodgers, but he wasn't a known franchise QB at the time. The 2002 Buccaneers also don't count since Brad Johnson was not a true franchise QB.)

EDIT: I just thought of Denver firing Dan Reeves after 1992 and then Wade Phillips after 1994 before finally getting Mike Shanahan and winning multiple SB's with John Elway. But Phillips was not the initial solution. It took some time to get it right. And at that time, Elway was almost done and hanging on.

Edited by chongli

43 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

I'm torn about firing McDermott.

I see why people would want him fired but who could we hire that would definitely be an upgrade?

Maybe we should give him at least another year before we consider a change.

You want another year of this *****?  It's not getting better next year, we are maxed at cap, have old slow players on contracts, FAs galore leaving next year with no money to replace them.  Get a new staff in here to rebuild while we are screwed anyways.  Let them build an offense and shoot for 2025 when we can dump the Con Miller contract and Knoxs, and possibly have some money for the new staff to acquire 1 or 2 nice players.  The current staff has us kinda ***** ya know

10 minutes ago, chongli said:

Has a team with a known franchise QB that has not won a SB with that QB ever fired their HC and then gone on to win a SB with that same QB?

(Teams like the Packers in 2005 don't count since when Mike Sherman was fired, they had Rodgers, but he wasn't a known franchise QB at the time. The 2002 Buccaneers also don't count since Brad Johnson was not a true franchise QB.)

Colts?  I think Jim Mora coached Manning for 3 years before Dungy took over and won a super bowl 5 years later.  Only one I can think of.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Colts?  I think Jim Mora coached Manning for 3 years before Dungy took over and won a super bowl 5 years later.  Only one I can think of.

Good answer! I hadn't thought of Dungy. Of course, he had to be fired by Tampa Bay after 2021 since he couldn't get Tampa Bay to the SB. Also, I edited my post as you were typing to mention Mike Shanahan with the Broncos, guiding them to two SB wins after both Reevers and Phillips were fired.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, chongli said:

Good answer! I hadn't thought of Dungy. Of course, he had to be fired by Tampa Bay after 2021 since he couldn't get Tampa Bay to the SB. Also, I edited my post as you were typing to mention Mike Shanahan with the Broncos, guiding them to two SB wins after both Reevers and Phillips were fired.

Was a great question.  I had to really think about it.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, chongli said:

EDIT: I just thought of Denver firing Dan Reeves after 1992 and then Wade Phillips after 1994 before finally getting Mike Shanahan and winning multiple SB's with John Elway. But Phillips was not the initial solution. It took some time to get it right. And at that time, Elway was almost done and hanging on.

2015 Broncos 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

That rebuild is coming no matter what. Hyde and Poyer are done. Von is done. White is probably done. Our foundational pieces are Rousseau, Oliver, Bernard, and to some extent Benford. So now is actually the perfect time to bring in a new coach so he can manage that rebuild himself. Delaying it another year only makes it worse.

You’re not rebuilding with a franchise QB in his prime. They’ll make changes but a full rebuild? Won’t happen.

1 hour ago, chongli said:

Peyton Manning.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think we let the players off the hook way too often. Over and over again they fail to make a play. 

Agree. Davis running the incorrect route. Cook dropping a surefire TD. Bass missing two kicks. 

it seems like every week this season we commit errors like these. Two years ago none of this ever happened

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Agree. Davis running the incorrect route. Cook dropping a surefire TD. Bass missing two kicks. 

it seems like every week this season we commit errors like these. Two years ago none of this ever happened

If Davis, Cook, and Bass do their jobs, its a Bills blow out.  That is 20 more points if those 3 did theirs jobs. 

Bills dont lose to anyone.  They beat themselves with this type of ***** week in and week out

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.