Shaq Leonard released.

FireChans

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

There are two problems.

1.  He has an expensive contract for an often injured guy the last couple of years.

2.  It’s a risk with those injuries.

Hed have to be willing to renegotiate his contract, and this year is a wash.

One down one to go.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

This sounds like something Jerry Jones would over pay for

That’s where I think he ends up. Dallas or Philly.  He might actually get snaps there.   I think he’s  going somewhere where he thinks he’ll get the most PT so he can have raise his value for this upcoming FA season.  

Not sure if he’d even get snaps in Buffalo over Dodson and Dorian.  As much as I’ve been an anti- Dodson guy, he’s played pretty well.  Seems like McD is switching he and Dorian up as well as playing some 4-3.  I can’t be mad at our LB play this year.  They’ve been solid.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, MikePJ76 said:

Who are you releasing to add an always hurt guy?  The defense probably has enough hurt guys.  Also if you do add him whose snaps is he taking and which package does he fit in?

He’s said he’s open to the practice squad. Add him to the squad, get him up to speed, and if there are any injuries or someone’s leaving a bit on the table, you bring him up. 

Like I said, why the f not? 

And don’t try and go the “with what money” route. Beane would make it work if he wanted to. 

Also, if this happened it would be because Beane wanted it to, so again, why the f not? 

It’s not exactly like I’m pounding the table for the guy. Just a nice insurance body, just in case. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

He’s said he’s open to the practice squad. Add him to the squad, get him up to speed, and if there are any injuries or someone’s leaving a bit on the table, you bring him up. 

Like I said, why the f not? 

And don’t try and go the “with what money” route. Beane would make it work if he wanted to. 

Also, if this happened it would be because Beane wanted it to, so again, why the f not? 

It’s not exactly like I’m pounding the table for the guy. Just a nice insurance body, just in case. 

Exactly!! Get him up to speed and let Dodson play special teams ONLY😎

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/23/2023 at 1:35 PM, DCofNC said:

This is pretty much it, he’s a distraction and taking up time for the guys they want to develop.  This season is pretty much toast for them, so they might as well let the young guys do their thing and not have the headaches.  It’s kind of the issue we. Ow have w Von, you can’t really keep him sitting, but you might be better off that way.  Thankfully, Von has more self awareness and isn’t a major problem.   That said, I bet AJE wishes it was a merit based situation instead of him sitting while Von sucks.

Colts are 5-5 in a weak division. They might have a better chance at the playoffs than the Bills. 

On 11/25/2023 at 12:00 PM, MikePJ76 said:

Who are you releasing to add an always hurt guy?  The defense probably has enough hurt guys.  Also if you do add him whose snaps is he taking and which package does he fit in?

AJ Klein. He would probably re-sign with us for the 12th time if needed. 

46 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

Colts are 5-5 in a weak division. They might have a better chance at the playoffs than the Bills. 

Yeah, unfortunately true.

I've compared this current Bills organization to the 2000's Chargers many times in the past few years.     Amazingly the 2010 Chargers were 1st in the NFL in offense AND defense and missed the playoffs entirely at 9-7 after a season of upsets a lot like the Bills are having. :doh:   

The flip side is the McD lead 2017 team had the worst point differential of any team to make the playoffs from the AFC since the 1980's.   

Edited by BADOLBILZ

22 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I heard the guys on Get Up mention the Bills possibly looking to add Shaq Leonard. Has anyone else heard these rumors? 

when there is a team with a lot of talent that has needs from injury there will always be talk of that team adding said player.

also, if something is to happen to Miller we need to make sure we over pay a declining veteran to sit out for injuries so signing him makes sense.

• Haha (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, boyst said:

when there is a team with a lot of talent that has needs from injury there will always be talk of that team adding said player.

also, if something is to happen to Miller we need to make sure we over pay a declining veteran to sit out for injuries so signing him makes sense.

Such a shame … this guy isn’t so old at 28. Back stuff sux

49 minutes ago, boyst said:

If said declining player is in any way better than Dodson, then sign me up!! 

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

He's just another slow Eagles linebacker.  Come playoff time, you'll see teams focusing on the underneath or Philly will do a Jordan Poyer type of defense and slide a quicker safety in there. 

17 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I wonder if the Bills reached out to Leonard? Or did Beane think that Dodson was a better option? 

I’m sure the majority of teams who are potential playoff bound reached out to him. Likely came down to the team a amount of play time he gets/wants.

He’s only a few years off quality production on the field so at least he’s got the talent there. Just needs to be/stay healthy. 

Philly is a good shout for him… they need the help, he’ll get to play late in the season to get acclimated if need be barring a meltdown of the team. 

Win-win for both sides. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.