List of most outlandish losses

Marlton Bills

Another frustrating loss I haven't seen mentioned was the 1979 opener against the Dolphins. Lost 9-7 and the Bills missed FG to win it. If it wasn't for the fact that Miami had 18 straight wins against the Bills at that point it would be just another opening day regular season loss. This loss extended the streak to 19 and just added to the Bills fans misery. 

• Like (+1) 2

JP Losman, naked bootleg right. A first down ends the game. Running 3 times and punting might win most of the time, or gets you to OT.  Bills are gashing NYJ with the run.  The only thing you can't do is fumble.  Losman fumbles and the Jets scoop and score to win.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay/_/gameId/281214020

Also, the Hail Murray

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

6-3 loss to the Browns. 

Memorable because I believe Jauron got fired after that one.

I also recall a game against the Jags, Leftwich was the QB. Jags completed (4) 4th Downs on the final drive, including a 4th and 20 something. Won it with a TD on the final 4th down as time expired. That was a kick in the crotch 

Interestingly enough the next week after the 6-3 "game" we beat the Jets 16-13 in OT. The OT featured a 3 and out by the Jets, then Fitz threw an INT, then Sanchez threw an INT, then the Bills drove down for the winning FG. One of the few "neither team wants to win" type games that I can remember the Bills coming out on top.  

Jauron lasted a few more weeks after that. He was fired in week 10 after losing to the Titans 41-17. That Titans game featured TO staring down Trent Edwards after Trent air-mailed a throw when he was wide open, and Trent throwing TWO pick 6's in the final 3 minutes. Bud Adams flipped off the Bills as we were leaving the field. Apparently that was the straw that broke the camels back for Ralph and he immediately fired Jauron. 

• Like (+1) 1

Top of mind … 

-Wide right

-Therms Helmet  

- Ronnie Harmon drop v Cleveland 

- music city miracle 

- Primetime pats with not just mckelvin fumble, but 2 Ben Watson TDs same play 

- prime time v Dallas 

-joshs  failed qb keeper v titans 

- Jacksonville last minute TD by leftwich

- Flutie fumble

- Miami clock expiration

- minny OT INT

There’s probably 20 more

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

JP Losman, naked bootleg right. A first down ends the game. Running 3 times and punting might win most of the time, or gets you to OT.  Bills are gashing NYJ with the run.  The only thing you can't do is fumble.  Losman fumbles and the Jets scoop and score to win.  

Also, the Hail Murray

hahah holy *****... I remember that game well.... 

There are SO many of these... it's INSANE! DO OTHER TEAMS HAVE LISTS LIKE THIS? No, right?

I've never seen buffalo on the other end of one of these... have you?

6 minutes ago, DeltaDigital said:

hahah holy *****... I remember that game well.... 

There are SO many of these... it's INSANE! DO OTHER TEAMS HAVE LISTS LIKE THIS? No, right?

I've never seen buffalo on the other end of one of these... have you?

Rams 32-35 Bills (Sep 27, 2020) Final Score Josh Allen completed a 3-yard touchdown pass to tight Tyler Kroft with 15 seconds after a questionable flag against the Rams in which Gabe Davis was interfered with.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Also, the Hail Murray

That was the game I gave up on Losman.  I was a defender at that point

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Also, the Hail Murray

Whats funny is losman was playing really well that game. He knew he'd be gone the next season and wanted to play well to impress other teams. That fumble return just screams drought era bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Rams 32-35 Bills (Sep 27, 2020) Final Score Josh Allen completed a 3-yard touchdown pass to tight Tyler Kroft with 15 seconds after a questionable flag against the Rams in which Gabe Davis was interfered with.

didnt fitz win vs the raiders with a last second PI in the EZ.... i remember that one.... was around 2012 or 13 iirc

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

6-3 loss to the Browns. 

Memorable because I believe Jauron got fired after that one.

I also recall a game against the Jags, Leftwich was the QB. Jags completed (4) 4th Downs on the final drive, including a 4th and 20 something. Won it with a TD on the final 4th down as time expired. That was a kick in the crotch 

6-3 Browns was the Worst pro game every played.  The winning QB, Derek Anderson, was 2-17 for 27 yards and an int.

1 minute ago, DeltaDigital said:

didnt fitz win vs the raiders with a last second PI in the EZ.... i remember that one.... was around 2012 or 13 iirc

That was when Fitz and the Bills were on a hot streak, during which we decided to extend Fitz (Buddy Nix) to and expensive extention.

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

The last 3 games I've been able to attend were Minnesota last year, Cincinatti playoff game and Monday night.  

When Cook fumbled to himself on that long run on the final drive I thought that something crazy was about to happen.

Also -don't forget about the Hail Murray

Stop going to games, please

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.