Road to the Playoffs

steven50

29 minutes ago, motorj said:

so if the phins win the next two, and bills win out they're pretty much 100% in, and in this  scenario you want bal losing to sf, and kc dropping one so mia clinches the 1 spot

this would require browning beating mahomes. It’s an interesting choice between just having to beat a resting Miami to get in with no shot at the division, or having to beat a Miami with the division at stake. 

Is there a realistic scenario where we can clinch a wildcard just by beating LAC and NE?

2 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

this would require browning beating mahomes. It’s an interesting choice between just having to beat a resting Miami to get in with no shot at the division, or having to beat a Miami with the division at stake. 

Is there a realistic scenario where we can clinch a wildcard just by beating LAC and NE?

Yes we can clinch before Miami but of the 4 current 8-6 teams ahead of us we need 2 of them to lose next 2 games. 

On 12/18/2023 at 5:58 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

Any team losing to anyone this year is realistic if you've been watching the NFL in 2023

The issue is, if Denver does win all their games, you have to flip two games for any other team.

On 12/17/2023 at 7:11 PM, BigDingus said:

So the Week 15 playoff scenario I predicted that would still allow the Bills to make the 7th seed played out nearly perfect.

I was trying to predict worst case scenarios that still allow us a path without winning the division, but we're already ahead of schedule with a win today!

Week 15:

-Cowboys def. Bills  

-Bengals def. vs Vikings 

-Colts def. vs Steelers

-Lions def. Broncos 

-Texans def. Titans 

-Browns def. Bears 

-Dolphins def. Jets 

Now the Bills just need to take care of business against the teams they're expected to beat, and things are looking very good.

Bumping this, just to see how my worst case scenario (but still making the playoffs) plays out. My initial idea was to see how the Bills could make the playoffs, even if they lost to the Cowboys AND lost to the Dolphins in week 18, all while not predicting any stupid upsets. Everything I played out exactly as needed, but since the Bills won, we're already ahead of schedule! Here's what I had for this week:

Week 16:

-Bills def. Chargers

-Bengals def. Steelers (again, the Steelers could win & this still works)

-Browns def. Texans

-Colts def. Falcons

-Dolphins def. Cowboys 

-Broncos def. Patriots

Note: Made sure to give the Dolphins the win to ensure they win the East either way. Texans could definitely beat the Browns, but it's a toss up.

Even though I had written the Steelers or Bengals could win this week, it's definitely better to see the Bengals lose just for the head-to-head tiebreaker. If the Cowboys win, this whole thing becomes WAY better though 😁

On 11/14/2023 at 1:22 PM, steven50 said:

I know its all doom and gloom but I'm gonna try a little glass half full post.

One of the roads to the playoffs is through winning the AFC east, wild card might be out of the picture now.

On 11/14/2023 at 1:38 PM, dorquemada said:

Because it's an idea worthy of ridicule

On 11/14/2023 at 1:46 PM, dorquemada said:

They have a non-zero chance at the playoffs.  I also have a non-zero chance of winning powerball

The reason why people are clowning on this is because the Bills arent going on some miraculous winning streak.  they aren't built that way, and the team leaders are all sulking instead of demanding accountability from each other and the organization.  McD will clap his way through it, dont worry. 

I think we have all learned a couple valuable lesson with this thread. Posting 500 million times on the internet doesn't make you an expert on anything, declaring the season over when their are still more then 5 games to go is not real bright, and being insulting with someone else for no other reason then to be rude means you might end up eating a lot of crow when you are wrong.

Enjoy dinner bro, and Go Bills!

• Awesome! (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

But I thought our odds were 93 percent

Take all that absurd math talk the last 3 weeks and wipe your tails with it.  Reality on the ground never made it that high.  

Ya all that odds stuff is as pointless as the Mock Draft stuff. Its never right yet ever year people spend tons of time talking about it and then zero time talking about it when they are wrong

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, steven50 said:

I think we have all learned a couple valuable lesson with this thread. Posting 500 million times on the internet doesn't make you an expert on anything, declaring the season over when their are still more then 5 games to go is not real bright, and being insulting with someone else for no other reason then to be rude means you might end up eating a lot of crow when you are wrong.

Enjoy dinner bro, and Go Bills!

I get paid by the post bro

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/15/2023 at 6:25 AM, FilthyBeast said:

I know fans will refuse to give credit to the Dolphins if anything because they are a hated division rival, but even if they truly aren't an elite SB contender this year as long as they hold fort (i.e. beating every team without a winning record and losing to the ones that do) they will only lose 2 more games all year (Cowboys/Ravens also yes I'm factoring in the Bills being a team with a losing record that they'll beat in the season finale).

Bigger picture though is where on earth does anyone see the Bills winning more than a single game the rest of the year? Patriots home game probably only other game they'll be favored in aside from this week against Jets.

This is actually one of your better takes for the season 

On 11/15/2023 at 5:23 AM, RiotAct said:

Miami is NOT losing to the Titans.   Full stop.

Put it in capital letters …underline it …take it to the bank…it  ain’t happening 

On 11/14/2023 at 11:25 AM, FilthyBeast said:

I know fans will refuse to give credit to the Dolphins if anything because they are a hated division rival, but even if they truly aren't an elite SB contender this year as long as they hold fort (i.e. beating every team without a winning record and losing to the ones that do) they will only lose 2 more games all year (Cowboys/Ravens also yes I'm factoring in the Bills being a team with a losing record that they'll beat in the season finale).

Bigger picture though is where on earth does anyone see the Bills winning more than a single game the rest of the year? Patriots home game probably only other game they'll be favored in aside from this week against Jets.

🤓

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/16/2023 at 12:15 AM, SydneyBillsFan said:

We have a bad conference record - 10-7 means we probably miss out on tiebreakers.

It's just not happening.

It’s happening bro 

On 11/18/2023 at 8:49 AM, MJS said:

I do not agree. The path to the playoffs is exclusively by wild card. We will not catch the Dolphins.

Maybe not 

On 11/21/2023 at 4:43 AM, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

not hearing that from me.

I'm predicting 0 for the next 3 and season over. Enjoyed last night for what it was, a win over a team that has literally no offense. I'm not fooling myself into believing it's anything other than that.

Nothing more indeed 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.