Road to the Playoffs

steven50

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

What? Those aren't the only two teams in WC contention.  There is also more on their schedule than just each other.  I'll revisit this again after the games play this week, just like I do every week.

Bengals play Steelers (either team losing is probably good), Jags (either team losing is probably good), Colts (either team losing is probably good), Steelers (see above), Chiefs (either team losing is probably good), Browns (either team losing is probably good)

Browns play Steelers (either team losing is probably good), Broncos (either team losing is probably good), Jags (either team losing is probably good), Texans (either team losing is probably good), Bengals (see above)

That's only 2 teams I did, both of which are ahead of the Bills in the playoff picture currently. Other teams in the wildcard hunt like the Jags, Texans and Colts are all about to start beating up on each other, too. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Bengals play Steelers (either team losing is probably good), Jags (either team losing is probably good), Colts (either team losing is probably good), Steelers (see above), Chiefs (either team losing is probably good), Browns (either team losing is probably good)

Browns play Steelers (either team losing is probably good), Broncos (either team losing is probably good), Jags (either team losing is probably good), Texans (either team losing is probably good), Bengals (see above)

That's only 2 teams I did, both of which are ahead of the Bills in the playoff picture currently. Other teams in the wildcard hunt like the Jags, Texans and Colts are all about to start beating up on each other, too. 

You cant just list every game as "either team losing is probably good."  It doesn't work like that.  It changes all the time based on which team actually wins.  One of those teams you listed will be a division winner.  Thats actually a good thing.  Every team you listed has the potential to take 1 of 3 wc spots and some you haven't listed.

You understand that the Bills do not control their own destiny right now right? To me, that means there is zero room for error. The Bengals are the only team in the AFC with a worse conference record than us right now and they beat us so thats moot.

Again, I will revisit this after the games each week.  Right now Bills are pretty much in must win mode.  We hold tie breakers with no one except the Raiders.  I don't even know why the raiders are ahead of us in the race considering we beat them and we have the same record but somehow they are.

Edited by Scott7975

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Again, I will revisit this after the games each week.  Right now Bills are pretty much in must win mode.  We hold tie breakers with no one except the Raiders.  I don't even know why the raiders are ahead of us in the race considering we beat them and we have the same record but somehow they are.

If more than two teams have the same record, other tiebreakers besides head-to-head take effect first.  Raiders have a better conference record than us (3-3), and a better division record too (1-1).

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

You cant just list every game as "either team losing is probably good."  It doesn't work like that.  It changes all the time based on which team actually wins.  One of those teams you listed will be a division winner.  Thats actually a good thing.  Every team you listed has the potential to take 1 of 3 wc spots and some you haven't listed.

You understand that the Bills do not control their own destiny right now right? To me, that means there is zero room for error. The Bengals are the only team in the AFC with a worse conference record than us right now and they beat us so thats moot.

You're saying a whole lotta nothing here. I didn't list ALL teams because you should get the idea already. I think you do, but you're just stubbornly clinging to your original point.

And I want you to provide me with a scenario where the Bills win out and don't make the playoffs. Every time you find yourself giving one team in the WC race wins to kick Buffalo out you'll be giving another one a loss. Please, provide the scenario that proves Buffalo does not in fact control its own destiny. Try remembering that only one team wins a game.

24 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You're saying a whole lotta nothing here. I didn't list ALL teams because you should get the idea already. I think you do, but you're just stubbornly clinging to your original point.

And I want you to provide me with a scenario where the Bills win out and don't make the playoffs. Every time you find yourself giving one team in the WC race wins to kick Buffalo out you'll be giving another one a loss. Please, provide the scenario that proves Buffalo does not in fact control its own destiny. Try remembering that only one team wins a game.

Im not going to sit here and list out all the teams each week but I will show you the screenshot of the standings with Bills winning out and not making it...

Screenshot2023-11-191320132.thumb.png.416287fee63055165bc5eaf563fcbd43.png

15 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Can't see that. You sure that's not a screenshot of a grasshopper?

I dont know why it disappeared.  Why you acting like an ass?  There you go.  Bills win out 12-5 and not in playoffs.

Screenshot2023-11-191320132.thumb.png.4dfdac48d28d256bf4b966c345d38bf7.png

Edited by Scott7975

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I dont know why it disappeared.  Why you acting like an ass?  There you go.  Bills win out 12-5 and not in playoffs.

Screenshot2023-11-191320132.thumb.png.4dfdac48d28d256bf4b966c345d38bf7.png

Denver getting the 2 seed would be one of the greatest things to happen in the history of the sport. I will accept us not making the playoffs if this is the scenario in which we lose out.

11 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Denver getting the 2 seed would be one of the greatest things to happen in the history of the sport. I will accept us not making the playoffs if this is the scenario in which we lose out.

It’s just as likely as the other guy saying we can win out. Yes we can. Likely no. The entire point was at the time of posting we didn’t control our own destiny and we didn’t. That may have changed this week. I dunno yet. 

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

The Bills need to somehow win 4 games left to get to 10-7. 10-7 most likely gets them in 9-8 and prob not unless a lot of teams fall off 

I feel some confidence about 10-7, and agree.

I mean, if we can't go 5-2 the rest of the way - we really don't deserve to get in.  Split the next 2 games, and things will be looking pretty good.  Win the next 2 games, and it's looking like a lock.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.