ESPN and the 12th man on the punt

Returntoglory

From ESPN .

Safety Damar Hamlin was running off the field late, but the Bills appeared to have an extra lineman out there for the entirety of the play. The Bills did not say exactly who was not supposed to still be on the field, and it's difficult to know if the same play was called on the second field goal attempt, but defensive end Leonard Floyd was the only player on the field for the missed kick but not on the field for the winning kick.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Wow!!

13 players on the field would've actually been hilarious 

This team has become entertaining for all the wrong reasons. If you have a couple cocktails and just sit back and enjoy the show you can still find the value in watching, lol. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

The Bumbling Bills, we somehow always find new ways to lose games and disappointment fans.  I thought I’ve seen it all but apparently not!  Unfortunately McD been around for a lot of these failings.

He’s the common denominator. Nothing is changing until the staff is replaced.

Wash rinse repeat.

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

The Bumbling Bills, we somehow always find new ways to lose games and disappointment fans.  I thought I’ve seen it all but apparently not!  Unfortunately McD been around for a lot of these failings.

He’s the common denominator. Nothing is changing until the staff is replaced.

Wash rinse repeat.

i appreciate what McDermott did to stabilize this team and bring it from terrible to pretty/very good but it has been clear since 13 seconds he is not the guy to take us from pretty/very good to World Champions

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

We also had 12 men on the field last year vs the Vikings, it just didn’t get called.

Coaches are not good.

Wonder if McD has an inadvertent extra “O” in the defensive play book under FG defense scheme.

Edited by PayDaBill$

18 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

This team has become entertaining for all the wrong reasons. If you have a couple cocktails and just sit back and enjoy the show you can still find the value in watching, lol. 

I was laughing manically when they missed the field goal and they get called for 12 men on the field. Only the Bills, it’s pretty hilarious at this point. 

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

You practice this, you know your assignments.  I’m not sure how the hell this is even possible.

THEY DID

McDermott said post game or at some point that they practiced going from dime to FG coverage 3 times in game time prep.

that's how poorly mcdermott has his plan executed.

execute mcd.

4 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

It isn’t even important for the defense to be lined up correctly on a FG in that situation, the pressure is ALL on the offense who was perfect twice executing the run on FG

that's why it's so strange to not have your team know and capable of just shifting to fg defense from any base. it's a waste of time and too often an occurance.

Off topic, but somewhat adjacent with the topic related to preparedness and practicing for situations.

Denver converts a field goal attempt at the end of the first half with no timeouts, clock running and about 15 seconds left. Are we confident our Bills could do the same?

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

If a thread was started before last nights game to guess at the most bizarre way the Bills could lose a game, no one would have guessed the way last nights game ended. 

We could easily be 3-7 right now.  Imagine if they lost games to the Giants and Bucs at home, both of which came down to the LAST play of the game.

Edited by Nuncha

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

If a thread was started before last nights game to guess at the most bizarre way the Bills could lose a game, no one would have guessed the way last nights game ended. 

How about multiple choice

a.) Zach Wilson led Jets return punt for TD in overtime.  

b.) Up 3 with under 2 minutes left, Mac Jones goes 75 yards in 90 seconds.  

c.) Denver kicker blows 39 yard field goal at end of game handing the Bills a victory but Bills have 12 men on field.  

Even with all the Josh turnovers and offensive sputtering, we should be 8-2, but could also easily be 3-7 if Tyrod led Giants didn’t get hosed on PI call and Godwin turns his head and looks for the ball.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.