We sucked. But, why is no one talking about the incompletion into “forward progress, first down?”

npeartisgod

• npeartisgod changed the title to We sucked. But, why is no one talking about the incompletion into “forward progress, first down?”
1 hour ago, DrPJax said:

Guy actually made catch. He was touched on replay but his butt was far enough for the first down. The refs made a mistake announcement according to New York/ ref in the booth. 

Yes, this was explained for anyone watching the game on TV and listening to audio.

The game was, for the most part, terribly officiated.  Nothing new there.

I liked the "TD" the Bills scored which was then taken away, seeing as the Bronco who "Fumbled" was down by contact about as much as you can be "down" and for several seconds before the ball came out.  I still can't believe someone called that a TD.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

It was a catch. It was not a fumble as his butt was on the ground.  And where he caught the ball was forward progress for the first down. 

The only mistake was they announced 4th down. But it was correct call and correct spot of the ball. 

How many times does a Bills play grab that ball and it's not a catch?

45 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Yes, this was explained for anyone watching the game on TV and listening to audio.

The game was, for the most part, terribly officiated.  Nothing new there.

I liked the "TD" the Bills scored which was then taken away, seeing as the Bronco who "Fumbled" was down by contact about as much as you can be "down" and for several seconds before the ball came out.  I still can't believe someone called that a TD.

I give credit to the ref who called it a touchdown.  Many times there’s a questionable play, the refs look at each other and nobody makes a call.  Or one of them blows their whistle when they shouldn’t have.   They allowed the play to finish to completion.  If it was later ruled a fumble, the Bills would’ve had the TD.  If it wasn’t called a TD, but ruled a fumble and they gave the Bills possession, they would mark it at th3 point of the fumble.

I’d have to see it again, I never thought it was a fumble but an incompletion. It seemed like they used forward progress as the reason why he didn’t have to maintain possession when he hit the ground? Seems iffy. Denver thought so too and rushed to get a play in and ended up with a false start.

32 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

that and the PI on Taron.  Refs gave the game away.

But it's not "giving the game away" if it's the correct call. Both are the correct calls. Taron never saw the ball,  and ran the WR off the spot. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MPT said:

That, and the penalty on Taron that just changed the outcome of the game.

Why bother with 3 hours of playing football if the refs are just going to decide the game anyway?

The Taron call was iffy and you play on in that situation,  first off Wilson just threw it up and Taron did turn around but receiver went into him.  Either way McDermott should have never called an all out blitz.

• Like (+1) 2

Are we seriously blaming this game on the refs when the Broncos had 11 penalties in the bills had like four. 

Get your heads out of your asses and stop blaming the officials and start blaming the coaching staff and the personnel. This entire team needs a Gutting and rebuild. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, npeartisgod said:

Definitely one of the worst vibes at the Ralph. More weird plays than I’ve ever seen in one game. But, how on EARTH, does an incomplete pass get turned into forward progress first down? Anyone?

I hate saying stuff like this, but I am getting a weird feeling/vibe from the refs and NFL this year. It has been shady for us. Some of the calls and non calls are mind boggling. Makes me feel like they are tired of The Bills and want to ensure "new blood" is in the playoff picture this year. Obviously we are in such a hole now that they will surely get what they want.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

The Taron call was iffy and you play on in that situation,  first off Wilson just threw it up and Taron did turn around but receiver went into him.  Either way McDermott should have never called an all out blitz.

I’m trying not be a homer but I agree. That was a pretty weak PI call. While it certainly looked like he was going to interfere with him, when you see the replay he did about as little as you can do on an underthrown jump ball. The NFL should really clean that up. The offense shouldn’t be rewarded for tossing up what is really just a prayer. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.