Houston - a young team to keep an eye on

Dubie54

Well after the 0-2 start they have gone 5-2, including a great win against the same Bengals team we couldn't put away last week. Stroud looks like the real deal and they appear to have two really good lines and a bunch of quality players. 

I was called out a little last week when I compared their stats in their win over TB to ours but now we have 2 weeks worth of stats to indicate they appear to have a stronger team than ours at this point in the year.

Stroud put up 356 and they run for 188 (150 for Motor!), when we passed for 258 and ran for 68. They also sacked Burrows 4 times and had 2 picks. We on the other hand had 1 sack and no picks.

Full disclosure, I didn't watch the game but caught the highlights and from what I saw they're a fun team to watch. There's a lot of enthusiasm on their sideline and they don't have the burden of being expected to do much of anything this year in their head, and appear to be having a lot of fun in the process. They have a relatively soft schedule the rest of the season, play 5 of their next 8 at home, so we'll see what happens.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Dubie54 said:

Well after the 0-2 start they have gone 5-2, including a great win against the same Bengals team we couldn't put away last week. Stroud looks like the real deal and they appear to have two really good lines and a bunch of quality players. 

I was called out a little last week when I compared their stats in their win over TB to ours but now we have 2 weeks worth of stats to indicate they appear to have a stronger team than ours at this point in the year.

Stroud put up 356 and they run for 188 (150 for Motor!), when we passed for 258 and ran for 68. They also sacked Burrows 4 times and had 2 picks. We on the other hand had 1 sack and no picks.

Full disclosure, I didn't watch the game but caught the highlights and from what I saw they're a fun team to watch. There's a lot of enthusiasm on their sideline and they don't have the burden of being expected to do much of anything this year in their head, and appear to be having a lot of fun in the process. They have a relatively soft schedule the rest of the season, play 5 of their next 8 at home, so we'll see what happens.

Stroud be throwin some of the nicest balls ive seen in a long time.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

F@#$ the Houston fans.  They do not deserve happiness.

As a fellow Houstonian Bills fan, i have 100% changed my mind on the Texans after they let Cal McNair "stand in the corner" and fired Jack Easterby, Lovie Smith and Culley.  Texans are a great team to root for now with a lot of draft capital still from the D Watson trade.  Stroud is a legit MVP candidate, certainly front runner for ROY and Demeco Ryans as coach of the year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Dubie54 said:

They played Cinci who was without Higgins and Chase was in-and-out of the game as he was Questionable all week. Burrow had nobody to throw to and it showed. Texans barely came away with the win. Good for them, I loved it. But don't go crownin them yet. GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Dubie54 said:

Even one of their away games in indy is indoors - so 6/8 games remaining will be in a dome and 5 of those at home.  

Favorable schedule and game location yes - but losses to atlanta and carolina remind you they're a young team.  There's no one on their remaining schedule that I'd be shocked for them to beat, and also no one that I'd be shocked if they lost to.  

47 minutes ago, EffKCChiefs said:

It’s a bit concerning that you would like to know this information. 

Good balls don't hang too low or high...right in the in between.   When you see a QB age and body is starting to break down, the balls will hang a little lower.  It's not as nice anymore and can get picked easier and those hurt.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.