Houston - a young team to keep an eye on

Dubie54

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I am more than familiar with what happened.  I am a Houstonian member, was there this morning. 

So it happened many times?  How many massages do you think these guys get a year, 5?    Are the Texans supposed to know he was sexually assaulting women in his room? 

As for the timing, it started when Bill O Brien decided to "give away" Watson's favorite receiver, De Andre Hopkins  for an old washed up RB and a 2nd, one of the worst trades in modern NFL history and he was pissed going forward.  If there is one person to blame for it all (besides   Watson), it was the room temperature IQ Owner Cal McNair for letting , as he would later say, (I think) "let the prisoners run the jail" meaning O Brien ruin the team.  Some speculate O Brien wanted to get fired and paid off, might be true.  He was finally  fired after going 0-4 and it was too late (IMO) at that point, damage was done.  Watson played the rest of the year and AFTER the season is when he started to voice his understandable displeasure.

Back to the Houstonian, it has always been a popular place for rich athletes to hang out.  It would be a very logical place for D Watson to hang out during Covid.  As would River Oaks would be the logical place for 2 uber rich Houstonians to life.  But if that is your "evidence", you ,must be a real sucker for conspiracy theories.  Where there is smoke there is fire, wow, got me on that solid evidence.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Their OC Bobby Slowik is another young up and comer from the Shanahan tree. At this point you'd have to be crazy as a franchise not to have someone like that as your OC or head coach. That has far and away been the easiest and fastest path to success for several NFL teams over the past few years. Rams, 49ers, Dolphins, now the Texans.

As opposed to….

Freak Out Candy GIF by Leroy Patterson

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I am more than familiar with what happened.  I am a Houstonian member, was there this morning. 

So it happened many times?  How many massages do you think these guys get a year, 5?    Are the Texans supposed to know he was sexually assaulting women in his room? 

As for the timing, it started when Bill O Brien decided to "give away" Watson's favorite receiver, De Andre Hopkins  for an old washed up RB and a 2nd, one of the worst trades in modern NFL history and he was pissed going forward.  If there is one person to blame for it all (besides   Watson), it was the room temperature IQ Owner Cal McNair for letting , as he would later say, (I think) "let the prisoners run the jail" meaning O Brien ruin the team.  Some speculate O Brien wanted to get fired and paid off, might be true.  He was finally  fired after going 0-4 and it was too late (IMO) at that point, damage was done.  Watson played the rest of the year and AFTER the season is when he started to voice his understandable displeasure.

Back to the Houstonian, it has always been a popular place for rich athletes to hang out.  It would be a very logical place for D Watson to hang out during Covid.  As would River Oaks would be the logical place for 2 uber rich Houstonians to life.  But if that is your "evidence", you ,must be a real sucker for conspiracy theories.  Where there is smoke there is fire, wow, got me on that solid evidence.

Funny, I never mentioned the word "evidence" in either post. 

You're throwing out accusations at me, painting me as a conspiracy theorist. I'm just looking at it from afar, & yeah the Browns are one of the teams I like.

Look at it this way. Do you think the higher ups in the league office wanted to tarnish two organizations over creepy behavior by a QB? It was a lot easier to target the player & the idiot owner of the Browns. Haslam has majored in stupid moves since he bought the team.

Lastly, there's gold diggers out there. Instagram "models" who took a payday after Buzzbee found 'em. They sure were "traumatized" after multiple encounters with Watson.

Have a nice night. Go Bills

4 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

They took the right QB and put him in the right offense, WCO.

Since Bill Walsh developed the West Coast Offense to minimize a noodle-armed QB while he was an assistant with the Bengals, it should be called the "Chili on Spaghetti Offense," or the "Almost Kentucky Offense."

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

Weak division and easiest schedule in the league. 

They beat two teams that we lost to (Jags and Bengals) and those games really weren't close. The Bengals game ended up close on the scoreboard but they vastly outplayed them for most of the day.

No need to downplay how well the Texans coaching staff is doing. They have elevated the players on the roster beyond their talent.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Since Bill Walsh developed the West Coast Offense to minimize a noodle-armed QB while he was an assistant with the Bengals, it should be called the "Chili on Spaghetti Offense," or the "Almost Kentucky Offense."

Mahomes doesn't have a weak arm, others didn't either who ran it.

Allen needs the WCO and it's concepts badly

The draft is a total crapshoot. Even the most optimistic Ohio St fans wouldn’t have told you that Stroud would threaten the annals for the best rookie QB season ever. I’d be upset if I was a Panther fan. It’d feel like having your choice of Aaron Rodgers or Alex Smith and your franchise opts for Smith. The NFC is due to hit on some good QBs. The wealth needs to spread to that conference.

If I had to pick an MVP right now, I'd pick Stroud. 

I know it's basically unheard of for a rookie to win MVP in the NFL, but Stroud is making an argument. The Texans were 1-8 this same time last year, and now they're just 1 game behind the Jags at 5-4. Currently, that's good enough for the #7 seed (Bengals would be #8, and Bills at #9).

Stroud's stats are also pretty ridiculous.

#1 in passing yards per game (291.8), #1 TD/INT ratio (15 TDs / 2 INTs), #6 passer rating, and has posted wins over the Jags, Steelers and Bengals... 2 of those teams which the Bills didn't do so hot against. 

So yeah, I think he's making a pretty good case right now, especially if the Texans make the playoffs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Dubie54 said:

Well after the 0-2 start they have gone 5-2, including a great win against the same Bengals team we couldn't put away last week. Stroud looks like the real deal and they appear to have two really good lines and a bunch of quality players. 

I was called out a little last week when I compared their stats in their win over TB to ours but now we have 2 weeks worth of stats to indicate they appear to have a stronger team than ours at this point in the year.

Stroud put up 356 and they run for 188 (150 for Motor!), when we passed for 258 and ran for 68. They also sacked Burrows 4 times and had 2 picks. We on the other hand had 1 sack and no picks.

Full disclosure, I didn't watch the game but caught the highlights and from what I saw they're a fun team to watch. There's a lot of enthusiasm on their sideline and they don't have the burden of being expected to do much of anything this year in their head, and appear to be having a lot of fun in the process. They have a relatively soft schedule the rest of the season, play 5 of their next 8 at home, so we'll see what happens.

Young QB, two great receivers, a young coach being aggressive, lots of injuries yet young talent across the roster.  

25 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

The draft is a total crapshoot. Even the most optimistic Ohio St fans wouldn’t have told you that Stroud would threaten the annals for the best rookie QB season ever. I’d be upset if I was a Panther fan. It’d feel like having your choice of Aaron Rodgers or Alex Smith and your franchise opts for Smith. The NFC is due to hit on some good QBs. The wealth needs to spread to that conference.

The stupid Owner of the Panthers made the call not the coaching staff.  Stroud was Franks choice but his owner made the call .  Houston got the better QB by far

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.