Bills held players only meeting this week (For real this time)

BuffaloBillyG

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I think the Bills are in a tough spot. If they lose...yes I agree that the rest of this season is possibly going to blow up rather fast. Especially if the offense still sputters.

If they win it will be, "Yea they won at home against a team they should beat...whoopie doo"

Even if the offense comes out COOKING they gain nothing because the Broncos "Gave up 70 and are a horrible defense". And "Yeah, let's see what they do against a real defense next week with the Jets".

All that matters is the W but if they emerge with some sort of offensive consistency I think that will give them some confidence moving forward. I disagree that they gain nothing because even with a squeaker win they buy some time to get right. I’m of the opinion that they are likely to miss the playoffs but I hope I’m wrong and want them to keep the window open as long as possible. If we lose this game I think it’s likely things spiral.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Except Denver just shutdown KC

I do agree with you and I've been on the bandwagon that Denver is actually playing solid football the last few games. Say what you will about Russ Wilson, but he's playing his arse off this year.

I was speaking more on narratives both from the media and by those in our fanbase that always clutch the negative.

5 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

All that matters is the W but if they emerge with some sort of offensive consistency I think that will give them some confidence moving forward. I disagree that they gain nothing because even with a squeaker win they buy some time to get right. I’m of the opinion that they are likely to miss the playoffs but I hope I’m wrong and want them to keep the window open as long as possible. If we lose this game I think it’s likely things spiral.

Yea, obviously if they win it keeps the window open. Was speaking more on gaining nothing from quieting the critics. 

4 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Wasn't Mahomes playing with a bad case of the flu that game. Credit Denver for beating the Chiefs but if Mahomes was that sick then it has to be hard playing an NFL game.

If Mahomes was so sick that it cost his team a game then he shouldn't have been out there. That's on him and Reid. They went out and got Gabbert as their backup. While not a great QB he's capable of being in a game and not losing it... especially with an offensive mastermind at the helm.

• Like (+1) 2

During your Superbowl window, you want your 1st year backup rb to take the reigns & lead this team. We just need to trust the process!

After how this season has gone where we struggle vs the worst teams, JETS, GIANTS, PATs, WTFs etc, no game is "easy" at this point... not even Denver.

My how the mighty have fallen.

It remains to be seen if the people responsible for this mess are capable of rectifying it. So far they havent been & most of the time in life with this situation those people simply CANT.

Its just not easy for people to admit mistakes, to honestly evaluate their decisions with no bias & make corrections. Can these guys do it? So far the answer is no.

Aside from this team imploding on itself, Beane has given questionable extensions to many of his draft picks, seemingly doubling down on questionable draft choices to begin with.

Rn its looking like we need a new OC, DC & HC, with possibly a new GM if no changes are made. But 2 out of those 4 are a necessity at this point.

MCD mightve been the right coach to turn this ship around when he got here, doesnt mean he's the right coach to win us a SB. If im a young HC growing into the role, i'd think it wiser to staff a DC so you could fully concentrate on being a HC. Rn it looks as if McD bit off more than he could chew. Rn it looks as if a rookie OC wasnt the right choice for a team competing for a Superbowl. Rn this team looks to be in complete shambles. Imagine that.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Gregg said:

Wasn't Mahomes playing with a bad case of the flu that game. Credit Denver for beating the Chiefs but if Mahomes was that sick then it has to be hard playing an NFL game.

It goes beyond that. He had the flu but still went to game 1 of the World Series in Arlington, flew back to KC late Friday night/Saturday morning, and then flew to Denver with the team later that same day. Kelce was at the baseball game too.  

On 11/10/2023 at 9:31 AM, BuffaloBillyG said:

I do agree with you and I've been on the bandwagon that Denver is actually playing solid football the last few games. Say what you will about Russ Wilson, but he's playing his arse off this year.

I was speaking more on narratives both from the media and by those in our fanbase that always clutch the negative.

Yea, obviously if they win it keeps the window open. Was speaking more on gaining nothing from quieting the critics. 

If Mahomes was so sick that it cost his team a game then he shouldn't have been out there. That's on him and Reid. They went out and got Gabbert as their backup. While not a great QB he's capable of being in a game and not losing it... especially with an offensive mastermind at the helm.

I would take a dead mahomes before I started an in his prime Gabbert. It’s wild that terrible of a qb has stuck around as long as he has. He’s awful but good for him to find a lane despite being so awful. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.