McDermott or Dorsey?

damj

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

No it doesn't, you weren't even talking about burning clock, you were talking about buying time for the defense to rest. Is it McDermott I don't know nobody on here does, but the idea that he somehow wants the offense to be conservative because he's a defensive coach is just ***** dumb. He's had aggressive offenses for multiple years in a row with Allen.

Because the defense has been in a better shape than now. And I think something may have changed after the Jets game as well, which was probably the first defeat of the Josh era which could be put solely on him.

If McDermott isn't dumb then it's Dorsey. One of them is getting it wrong and I'm finding it easier to believe it's McDermott than Dorsey. Either way the offense needs to be allowed to take the approach which suits it best.

I don't know what is going on with this team, but I DO know that they are looking like the Ryan Fitzpatrick led Bills on offense far too often now for my liking.  A good drive then long periods of nothing...struggling to get into the 20s in points way way too much...

It's honestly just unacceptable with Josh Allen as your QB.  No excuse, if Dorsey can't figure it out then bring someone else in who can.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, damj said:

I have seasons ... I'll be out there tailgating every week and having fun,  but I have no expectations of a playoff run anymore.

I don't even expect to make the playoffs ... but I'm okay with that.  At least I know I'll be free for a concert I want to see Wildcard weekend

Some of this Dorsey but most of it is on McDermott. This reminds me of the Pats and Belichick. McDermott had gotten rid of any opposing viewpoints. Daboll? Gone. Frazier? Gone. He tells Beane what players to get. It's all Sean's vision now. Reign in the gunslinger QB. Run it more. And no turnovers!! And this is the result. A stud QB scared shi#tless to throw. 🤦

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Dorsey is underachieving massively and should be let go.  McDermott appears to be the classic case of a coach that turned things around, changed the culture, but has taken the team as far as he can, and now they are in regression.

It's a tough deal for Pegula and Beane, but while Josh Allen is still in his prime they should give someone else a shot at finishing the job of winning a SB, before it's too late.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I blame Leslie Frazier! 

Still will never get why a SB contender would just think getting a guy who has never been OC on any level would be good enough. The SB move would be hiring Bienemy (look at the number Dollar store Baker Mayfield is putting up) to run the offense. 

minus Daboll (who had an awful NFL OC resume), his OC picks have been awful. I can’t imagine how bad this offense would be if we didn’t have Allen and Diggs. 

this offense just makes me sad.

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Dorsey is underachieving massively and should be let go.  McDermott appears to be the classic case of a coach that turned things around, changed the culture, but has taken the team as far as he can, and now they are in regression.

It's a tough deal for Pegula and Beane, but while Josh Allen is still in his prime they should give someone else a shot at finishing the job of winning a SB, before it's too late.

I’ve grown to really respect McDermott and you have to be careful firing a guy who has been so constantly good. But man does this look like a team that could win a SB if they hired an offensive head coach and a proven DC. 

McD won’t make a change in season. He said years ago he doesn’t work that way. He’ll waste the season away before attempt to make a change that could help the team. Crazy how the HC doesn’t know why the team didn’t keep rolling with the up tempo offense. 

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

this offense just makes me sad.

I’ve grown to really respect McDermott and you have to be careful firing a guy who has been so constantly good. But man does this look like a team that could win a SB if they hired an offensive head coach and a proven DC. 

I've been hesitant to call out for firing McD.  But maybe it's time.  I mean you cannot go and replace him with someone like Todd Bowles.  That's a loser move.  But there are some very good O-coordinators out there looking to be the head guy... and it may be time to take a big swing with new leadership.  This team has gotten stale.

at this point I'm leaning towards firing McDermott  and the staff at the end of this season.

i get the injuries on defense but they held Cincinnati to 24( only 3 in the second half) but-

this offense is in a funk and some of this is from the HC's philosophy. 

gut the team of old washed up players-take a gap year and then be ready to go in year 2025

• Like (+1) 1

Well, McDermott's defense proves time and time again they can play well and beat good offenses--despite having lost some of the best players on EVERY level of their defense.  And proves he will adjust quickly within the game and make the needed changes.

Dorsey has proven that he cannot plan well for good defenses, against good DCs, and that it takes him much much too long to make in game adjustments,

But the fish rots at the head, so unless Dorsey is fired now, this week, or very soon, it will be on McDermott. 

Now, today...

Nothing left to see here

Didn't read all the posts but several said Wildcard is our only chance. It's probably opposite. Division title is really our only possibility. Bills lost too many AFC games, but we are only a game back of Miami. Division winner is only reasonable chance.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.