Brandon Beane Media Comments

BuffaloBillyG

5 hours ago, Wraith said:

You're both wrong. Elam has been on the injury report since week 7 with an ankle injury. 

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/injury-report/week/REG-7

...to take it further, that ankle has been injured since training camp. (there were reports on it at the time)

They keep these things on the DL where they can, this isn't unprecedented. How many times do we get to the end of a season to hear "So and so was playing all year with a partially torn ________"?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

48 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Lets not leave Jacksonville off the list. 

I think the defensive line is the primary issue.  Without Daquan taking on two blockers we aren't seeing the penetration up the middle. QBs don't have to move off their spot, we aren't buying time for the edge rush to get home.  This forces our CBs to cover longer.  McDermott has sent extra pressure as a result, particularly against new england.  Blitzing left easy completions.       

We played all of last year without a healthy Tre White.  Dane + Benford is an adequate starting pair.  

Milano is great, no question. We miss him big time as Dorian gets abused on misdirection play.  I think Daquan's role is more important than either Tre or Milano to the success of this defensive scheme.  

It’s the Jordan Phillips effect. Guy can make some splash plays, but is ultimately an undisciplined DLman who causes as many bad plays as he makes. 

4 hours ago, Success said:

I just don't get the mentality of listening to a GM speak, and immediately think "he's trying to trick us!"

Maybe nothing mentality?

4 hours ago, Heitz said:

Or, perhaps YOUR hat isn't tinfoily enough... 🤣 :beer: 

Some have allergic contact dermatitis to tin.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Lets not leave Jacksonville off the list. 

I think the defensive line is the primary issue.  Without Daquan taking on two blockers we aren't seeing the penetration up the middle. QBs don't have to move off their spot, we aren't buying time for the edge rush to get home.  This forces our CBs to cover longer.  McDermott has sent extra pressure as a result, particularly against new england.  Blitzing left easy completions.       

We played all of last year without a healthy Tre White.  Dane + Benford is an adequate starting pair.  

Milano is great, no question. We miss him big time as Dorian gets abused on misdirection play.  I think Daquan's role is more important than either Tre or Milano to the success of this defensive scheme.  

Milano is a monumental loss.  The drop off of play from Milano to Dobson/Rapp has had a huge impact on our defense.  

it’s a combination of many things.  It’s not just one thing

• Agree 4

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Milano is a monumental loss.  The drop off of play from Milano to Dobson/Rapp has had a huge impact on our defense.  

it’s a combination of many things.  It’s not just one thing

Its been Dodson and Dorian Williams subbing in for Milano.  Rapp played his most snaps against Miami (65) and Tampa (26), games where we played much better defense.  Jax (0), NYG (0), and New England (8) he was barely a factor and I recall he was more of a big nickel than playing Milano's role.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Its been Dodson and Dorian Williams subbing in for Milano.  Rapp played his most snaps against Miami (65) and Tampa (26), games where we played much better defense.  Jax (0), NYG (0), and New England (8) he was barely a factor and I recall he was more of a big nickel than playing Milano's role.

And against Tampa he was playing safety. If anyone was "big nickeling" it was Poyer.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, balln said:

I’m not buying it. McD and the coaches have had plenty of time to mention that….. it’s beanes inarguable excuse

Nobody cares. 

12 hours ago, FireChans said:

It’s the Jordan Phillips effect. Guy can make some splash plays, but is ultimately an undisciplined DLman who causes as many bad plays as he makes. 

So, a backup isn’t as good as the injured starter he replaced. Go figure. Some really smart people here. Beane should be worried people like you are coming for his job. 

19 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Nobody cares. 

So, a backup isn’t as good as the injured starter he replaced. Go figure. Some really smart people here. Beane should be worried people like you are coming for his job. 

I didn’t say it was Beane’s fault lmao. Go defend his honor to someone else who cares 

44 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sal talked with Coach Washington after the game and he said Poyer was playing linebacker.  Not a variation of nickel with him as a safety playing up....Poyer was straight up the linebacker.

Yea that is why I put in inverted commas.... to the extent anyone was doing it, Poyer was. But to my eyes it was more traditional LBer too (though I haven'thad chance to do the A22 yet of last week). 

20 hours ago, Limeaid said:

blah Blah BLAH BLAH anything you do not agree with blah Blah BLAH BLAH

Balin's inarguable bs

Some need to mount it on ground and then mount it.

Oh, that episode was terrible.  I got a shiver down my spine when I played the clip.  I remember even hating it as a kid.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Long Suffering Fan said:

Oh, that episode was terrible.  I got a shiver down my spine when I played the clip.  I remember even hating it as a kid.

Agree and I watched the original when I was a kid. I was 5.

I was also amazed how the food could be preserved so it could be used hundreds of years later.

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, Einstein said:

My gut instinct to Beane’s comment on Elam’s ankle is “coach speak”. 

He is always going to make excuses for his players because good regimes don’t throw players under the bus. 

He and McD constantly backed up Kelvin Benjamin too.

Elam has only been on the injury report with an ankle for 2 of the 8 games we have played.  

Someone needs to be thrown under the bus when things go bad.  That shows no accountability on anyone in the organization period. 

He is completely ineffectual as leader of the organization.  Elam can't play a lick and its an ankle injury all of a sudden.  Lets get real.  This team needs to man up and stop making excuses for always coming up short.  Lets have an aggressive game plan against the Bengals.  And play like we owe them a beat down.  McDermott being all schmoozy with Zack Taylor before the game doesn't quite set the "we are going to kick your ass" mentality that this team has been missing for some time.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1

On 11/1/2023 at 11:03 AM, BuffaloBillyG said:

For those that missed if with a few key comments added. Good watch. Some other key points-

- Worked through many possibilities at CB before dealing for Rasul. Seemed like the asking prices were too high for others.

- Had been calling about DTs. Still looking to add. I read that as "We have several vets we are talking to. First one to accept our offer at a lower salary is a Buffalo Bill". But help is likely on the way.

- Rasul not expected to practice today. Not likely to be active this week IMO.

- Mentioned Fournette isn't familiar with the playbook. May take him a bit to see action is the way I took it. Also said regarding Fournette that nothing's been promised. 

- As usual, Beane was pretty straight forward as far as NFL GMs go. 

Thanks for posting this i was going to watch it & it was taking down & i don't know how to look it up computer 1 0 1 is not a strong point ...

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/1/2023 at 11:17 AM, GunnerBill said:

He has Ed Oliver and then three vet defensive tackles he gave FA deals to on the roster. If he needs more there that is his own fault. 

Ok, but they are backups. You can't have starter depth at every position. There's nothing wrong with looking for help at a position.

On 11/1/2023 at 11:05 AM, balln said:

Classic beane - defending his draft picks poor play. ANY injury is the first go to defense.

Spencer brown back

gabe Davis ankle 

Ed Oliver back 

blah blah blah 

On 11/1/2023 at 11:07 AM, balln said:

I’m not buying it. McD and the coaches have had plenty of time to mention that….. it’s beanes inarguable excuse

On 11/1/2023 at 11:09 AM, balln said:

Also - Douglas BETTER play. This is the freaking NfL. He’s played for 6 teams. We need to win THIS game. You can keep Ty Johnson or Josh Norman off the kickoff team. Spare me. If the bills D is THAT complex then I’m all in on defending elam from these coaches 

Holy mackerel! Three horrible takes in a row. Are you going for the record?

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MJS said:

Ok, but they are backups. You can't have starter depth at every position. There's nothing wrong with looking for help at a position.

But they are the best paid backups on our team. Literally nowhere else do we have backups taking up a higher cap % than DT. So they ARE our best paid depth. And they stink. 

That is the entire point for me. He chose to spend a chunk of the relatively limited dollars he had to allocate to depth at DT and the production is not much more than you'd get from guys off the street.

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/1/2023 at 12:38 PM, JayBaller10 said:

Beane didn’t say he’d be inactive for the game. He said he’ll leave it up to McD as far as how much he plays (or if he doesn’t). Only thing Rasul might miss this week is the walk-through today.

min which case McD won’t play him, because unlike other teams it takes players weeks to master our playbook.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.