Bears CB Jaylon Johnson Requests to be Traded

ExiledInIllinois

6 minutes ago, boyst said:

i don't know if i want to send a first for a guy looking to cash in. i'd consider Elam + a 2nd or preferably a 3rd.

Agreed Elam and a 3rd is the most I would give up. Doing this means Tre White is gone next year and we need all the high draft picks we can muster in this loaded draft class for other needs. I trust our FO with finding late round DBs…but we also have expiring WR contracts coming up in a draft class with a lot of talent at the position (love the UW kid #1 and I love that UNC kid Walker I think is his name). I want it all because winning this year is essential but having cheap great pieces for the future is just as important 

13 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

First plus on last year of contract?  Only if teams had chance to negotiation extension ahead of time and it would have to be an agent team really, really trusted.

He’s on the last year of his rookie deal, not some 32 year old vet looking for a ring. Zero chance he is traded without a contract extension in place. 

*The first plus assumes a pick expected to be at the end of the first round. A team expected to draft early or mid-round would be a different story. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

So if the Bills bring him in now, what's the over/under on McDermott playing him pre-Week 15? 

In all seriousness, McD is the type of coach who wants a player fully acclimated to his system before he puts them out there. Even guys we've brought back who know his system inside and outside usually sit a week or two before he's ok with activating them for gameday. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

So if the Bills bring him in now, what's the over/under on McDermott playing him pre-Week 15? 

In all seriousness, McD is the type of coach who wants a player fully acclimated to his system before he puts them out there. Even guys we've brought back who know his system inside and outside usually sit a week or two before he's ok with activating them for gameday. 

There are no CBs currently on the roster with an interception, and the defense hasn't had a pick since the Miami game (four games in a row without one). My guess is that if he landed here, the lack of playmaking ability at the CB position would dictate that he plays sooner rather than later. 

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

He plays Week 10! Minimum.

7 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Agreed Elam and a 3rd is the most I would give up. Doing this means Tre White is gone next year and we need all the high draft picks we can muster in this loaded draft class for other needs. I trust our FO with finding late round DBs…but we also have expiring WR contracts coming up in a draft class with a lot of talent at the position (love the UW kid #1 and I love that UNC kid Walker I think is his name). I want it all because winning this year is essential but having cheap great pieces for the future is just as important 

white is going to be gone next year regardless. if we get a CB we kick the can on drafting one next year until 2025, hopefully
same with WR. we can kick the can if we cannot keep Davis and the newly acquired via trade wr.

the deep wr draft can get us a replacement for davis if we need it.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I think Beane values draft picks to much to make this happen. Jaylon Johnson is 24 years old and a great corner. Given his age, I would seriously debate giving the Bears a 1st or at the very least a 2 and a 5. I think both of those are too steep for Beane 

See Diggs trade 

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

white is going to be gone next year regardless. if we get a CB we kick the can on drafting one next year until 2025, hopefully
same with WR. we can kick the can if we cannot keep Davis and the newly acquired via trade wr.

the deep wr draft can get us a replacement for davis if we need it.

I just hope Beane finally understands that Davis is not a reliable #2 WR. He showed up last week, he showed up vs Steelers last year, and showed up huge vs KC in the playoff loss. He’s fun to have as 3rd WR but anything more than a 3yr 30mil contract would be insane.

Plus I LOVE Diggs but he’s on the back 9 of his career too. Time to really Invest in a WR early in the draft. No more lame duck potential guys like Shorter, Shakir (hopefully he becomes something), etc

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I want it all because winning this year is essential but having cheap great pieces for the future is just as important 

It's easy to have lot's of talented rosters over 50+ years but it's REALLY EASY not to win a SB in that span............so no,  they aren't equally important.  

I am a draftnik and big college football fan who follows HS recruiting etc...........but I can say without hesitation that the most overrated personnel chip is a 1st round pick.    Less than half of them are worth picking up their option after year 3.    It looks like a good draft class but you just never know if you are going to hit or miss so if the right player is out there who can make a big difference it's not necessarily the bad play people assume it will be.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.