Week 9 thread - We’re on to Cincinnati

BillsFan619

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

I mean other QB's start the season injured. Other QB's don't throw 4 INTs in a game or throw for 82 yards.

He was awful, but again they had just removed a bag from his body.  Seriously, it was quite evident to the most novice fan.

56 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I feel genuinely curious and confused why you’d choose to come here to do that instead of a bengals board.

Threated? Offended? These are the kind of comments that lead people to determine you’re crusading. 

Talk ball all ya want. Finding a respectful tone while visiting an opposing teams board is free. 

Why do you ask such bizarre questions?  Why do you care?  Why can you not accept that fans of a team have better insight and fans of others enjoy learning and sharing?

Feel free to ignore me, Im not here to troll, but Im not here to answer stupid personal questions from emotionally unstable people either (I'm assuming that your name is a direct correlation....?)

Edited by Caesar
  • Vomit 2
  • Dislike 1

It’s fair to say Bengals fans are extremely confident they are going to kick the Bills in a beat down. It’s Bills fault that the game was canceled etc… Bills are soft .. Cook gets 10 carries but not committed and Josh is all off script. Much like Phil Simms , Bills have no chance!!!

6 hours ago, FLFan said:

I understand your point, but you are just wrong when it comes to the Bengals.  They have an MO of whining and searching for extra motivation by hanging on to dumb stuff, and just making stuff up as in the case currently being debated.  Their coach encourages it.  He was behind the whole "we are being dissed because the Bills are selling Championship tickets" BS last year.  This is not fans being sensitive despite your arrogant comments.  In the case of the Bengals, it's a real thing.  They are whiney *****, led by a whiney B word.  Sorry, but its true.  You will never see the Bills doing this, because they have real leaders.

If searching for dis-offs gets a team to come out physical and motivated, then that's what they need to do.

The Bengals came out ready to play last January and the Bills came out flat.  They won.  We lost.

Until we stomp them into Tiger-fur carpets (as God intended Buffalo to do), I can't critique what they do and praise our coaches.  It worked for them.  Whatever we did, didn't work for us.

Sunday night, let's hope that changes.

9 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

If I remember correctly Hendrixson when he went to the ground picked his head up and changed the direction of his roll into to make sure it was into allen

He did.  Let's hope the Bills remember.

Edited by Beck Water

9 hours ago, Logic said:

You sure are mouthy for a guest in enemy territory. 

We get all sorts of visiting fans from opposing teams. You sure are choosing to go about your business an...in interesting way.

Good luck to you, and good luck to your Bengals this Sunday.

I for one am not a fan of the opposing team fan " coming in peace" and "just giving an opponent viewpoint" then proceeding to lecture about all that we think that is wrong and dominating the "discussion" with little piss battles everywhere.  I personally wish fans would just stay on their own team sites, and have never understood the psychosis of the opposing fan who actually takes up residence on another team's message board.

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I'm almost certain Elam has been on and off the injury report going back to camp and through the season. He was listed as questionable at least once I thought. He was listed as DNP on Wednesday 

9 hours ago, Wraith said:

Beane did recently say his injury goes back to camp.

Apparently he was on the report the last 2 weeks. Was he before that?

3 hours ago, Caesar said:

He was awful, but again they had just removed a bag from his body.  Seriously, it was quite evident to the most novice fan.

Why do you ask such bizarre questions?  Why do you care?  Why can you not accept that fans of a team have better insight and fans of others enjoy learning and sharing?

Feel free to ignore me, Im not here to troll, but Im not here to answer stupid personal questions from emotionally unstable people either (I'm assuming that your name is a direct correlation....?)

Dude, I'll take you at your word that your intent is not to troll, but you really need to re-calibrate; your tone and word choice are at a level of aggressiveness and insult-slinging associated primarily with trolls and disruptive visitors from other teams.

I say this for informational and educational purposes - if you want to incite, Keep on "As you were".  If you want good discussion, you might want to dial it back and tone it down a bit because otherwise, folks here who are worth talking to will read a couple of your posts, assess the word choice and tone, and decline to engage.

12 hours ago, Caesar said:

Serious question.  Are you a teenager?  

I dont come here to trash talk and I dont come here to talk with children, period.  I simply read for the best Bills info and to provide some Bengals info.

Nothing I said warranted the "WTF????!!??" comment, and again you are proving yourself to be a box score watcher.  We will see how much pounding the Bills do on Sunday in Cincy.

Could fool me by looking at your posts.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, QLBillsFan said:

It’s fair to say Bengals fans are extremely confident they are going to kick the Bills in a beat down. It’s Bills fault that the game was canceled etc… Bills are soft .. Cook gets 10 carries but not committed and Josh is all off script. Much like Phil Simms , Bills have no chance!!!

The team that’s 28th in rushing defense and 29th in rushing offense calling other teams soft because their own team is always bad to start a season 😂

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

13 hours ago, Caesar said:

Refute the fact that the Bengals are NOT hobbling injury wise?  Sure, we have no starters in danger of missing the game due to injuries.

As to the defense I have continually stated that we give up way too many yards.  It is kind of tricky stat wise though.

We were awful vs the Browns vs the run - but a closer look reveals that we held them to under 2 yds per carry 9 out of 10 times and then give up a 20 yarder a couple times. The offense did NOTHING and the game got away in the rain, vs a great oline and RB, and the 4th Qtr they just stomped us.
49ers had 365 yards passing, but 156 came on 3 drives vs prevent defense that ended in zero points.

We will always give up yards, we always have.  With Burrow and Higgins healthy hopefully the offense can stay on the field a little longer which will help. 

Allen is always a dual threat and if he goes off I will not be surprised just because of who he is.

What saves your defense is turnovers. You give up a lot of yards but get a lot of turnovers.  Our Defense has been like that... let the other team keep driving the whole field for a lot of yards but then either get a turnover before the score or stop the TD and make them kick fgs.  Thats what your D is right now I think, but I haven't watched too many Bengals games.

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I really want to hate Mike McDaniel, but I just can't...the dude seems like a good guy and is a cool dork...kinda reminds me of myself actually

Mike McDaniel is one of the more refreshing and interesting coaches in the NFL. In a world where being bland is the order, McDaniel breaks the mold. He is a dork, which adds to the intrigue. He embraces the dorkism, probably to mask his intentions at times (much like Belicheck deflects everything with his brutishness, McDaniel's does with his dorkishness). And both are brilliant in how they do that. Whenever MM pops up on the TV, I stop and listen and usually laugh in appreciation.

He is a villain and always will be to us because he's the coach of the Phish. I hope he loses this weekend, but in a world of boring "speak because I have to and say nothing we already don't know, NFL Coaches," McDaniel's is refreshing. This is an entertainment business, after all, and McDaniel is one of the best at it in his weird and unique dork way.

Edited by CSBill
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

This is how a lot of Bills fans feel about our OC (Dorsey).   Some folks complain about Allen running around instead of getting the ball out quickly.  It would be easier if Dorsey's schemes and play-calls gave Allen someone to throw to.  

14 hours ago, Caesar said:

I dont want to diminish Tua in any way, and Hill has been tremendous for them, but Mike McDaniel with Burrow or Allen would be extremely dangerous IMHO.

I simply don’t buy the Dorsey criticism, and the primary reason for that is that ALL fan bases criticize their playcaller and the Bills have one of the top offenses in the league.  This is going to sound a bit strange because I love Josh Allen more than any other player I’ve ever watched, but I think it’s fair to say Allen creates more of the “problems” on offense than Dorsey does.  I put the word “problems” in quotes because often Allen makes an amazing play, but I think he goes off schedule and looks for “more” too much.  I also don’t think Dorsey and McD have told Josh not to run…he has made that decision himself because everyone else keeps hammering at it.

I am really hoping that the offense we saw against Tampa is what we’ll continue to see as the season wears on…if that happens we are going to be just fine.  There’s nothing wrong with how Dorsey is calling games.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Mike McDaniel is one of the more refreshing and interesting coaches in the NFL. In a world where being bland is the order, McDaniel breaks the mold. He is a dork, which adds to the intrigue. He embraces the dorkism, probably to mask his intentions at times (much like Belicheck deflects everything with his brutishness, McDaniel's does with his dorkishness). And both are brilliant in how they do that. Whenever MM pops up on the TV, I stop and listen and usually laugh in appreciation.

He is a villain and always will be to us because he's the coach of the Phish. I hope he loses this weekend, but in a world of boring "speak because I have to and say nothing we already don't know, NFL Coaches," McDaniel's is refreshing. This is an entertainment business, after all, and McDaniel is one of the best at it in his weird and unique dork way.

McDaniel is one of my favorite people in the league now. He’s kind of the anti-Marrone in a sense. Too bad he coaches for Miami, but I can’t blame that on him. He is good for the league.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.