10/26/23 Week #8 TNF GAMEDAY Bills vs Buccaneers Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

A night Home game before a national television audience is just what the doctor ordered! Right?.. <birds chirping> Yeah, I don’t know either.. 🤷‍♂️ Getting into slugfests with perennial pretenders is what has become of this season and it isn’t even Halloween yet. There’s no sugar coating the impact the horrible injuries have on the team. Right before our eyes, the team has dissolved from a true Super Bowl contender into an injury ravaged mess. Even Josh Allen can no longer don his cape and simply save the day. The truly puzzling issue is that the Offense has been relatively intact, but just can’t get out of their own way. Back to back scoreless 1st half’s have seen us plummet to depths not seen in the Allen era and no one seems to have an answer. Can we get Harty, Shakir and Cook more involved? Can Aaron Cromer create ways to open holes and pass block when we know a blitz is likely? Ed Oliver appears ready to return -as he was last week. God knows we need him! Hell, @Gugny and I could have clogged up the middle of the line better than what we witnessed at the Pats* It was THAT bad!

Just an opinion here, but Knox’s injury may be a bit of a blessing in disguise. I think Josh wouldn’t allow him to be benched even though Kincaid has clearly taken over TE#1. Unfortunately, Morris is also out, nursing an injury. So we’re still in a ‘pickle’. 

And WTH has happened to Bass??

As for the Creamsicle clad Bucs, Defensively, they play a similar scheme to what we’ve seen the past few weeks -Man coverage, odd fronts and blitz a lot! Let’s hope Dorsey and Josh have learned what works and what doesn’t.. Offensively, it’s a battle between 2 ‘18 1st Round QBs, Josh vs Baker Mayfield. Baker’s up & down playing history appears to have settled down and he’s playing more within himself.  Their Division is also up for grabs so they’ll be eager to show the nation they’re ready to be considered. There are no more easy games. Our battered Bills have fallen back to the pack and the pack is getting better. Who can we count on to make an impact for us tonight? 

The Mafia!  BRING IT, FANS!

GO BILLS! 

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Happy Game Day, TBD! It feels weird having to go to work all day. Please try to be productive while contemplating everything our Bills must fix to return to the win column. I'm guessing the enthusiasm for this game is not high. We took a huge gut punch last week, and we're still recovering. Let's hope a short week is just what the doctor ordered to get us back on track.

Okay, get some work done and come ready to play at 8:00 PM tonight. (At my age, I will need a nap today, but I'm prepared to do whatever it takes. 🤪)

LET'S GO BUFFALO!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

For me it's as simple as this. If the Alien, the Freak From Firebaugh, the real live human hybrid of a Buffalo and a Golden Retriever; Josh Freaking Allen shows up tonight...Bills win easily.

If we get Mr. Zen, Low Positive, Great Value brand Aaron Rodgers sounding Josh Allen....we lose. 

Someone make the wing sauce he puts in his Pepsi extra spicy tonight please....

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Gotta say this is the most unenthusiastic I’ve been about a game this year. Expectations aren’t particularly high at this point. Hope they get a statement win

For me, it’s been years since I’ve felt this apprehensive 

• Like (+1) 2

• Chandler#81 changed the title to 10/26/23 Week #8 TNF GAMEDAY Bills vs Buccaneers Pregame Thread

We get a game early this week and yet a still feel like it's a long wait because it's a night game. I haven't even been to bed yet. Maybe I will get lucky and be able to actually take a nap to kill some time.  Not likely though.

LFG Buffalo.  Get that W.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

Thursday night's uniforms.

2023_TB_AAA.gif2023_BUF_E2.png

The Titans are bringing back the Houston Oilers look this weekend vs Atlanta. JMHO but that look belongs to the Texans since they are Houston's team now.

2023_ATL_1TBA.PNG

2023_TEN_J.png

Edited by Gregg
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The Titans are bringing back the Houton Oilers look this weekend vs Atlanta. JMHO but that look belongs to the Texans since they are Houston's team now.

2023_ATL_1TBA.PNG

2023_TEN_J.png

Just like Colts logo and uniforms should have stayed in Baltimore. Ravens, Texans, Titans current uniforms all terrible. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, nucci said:

Just like Colts logo and uniforms should have stayed in Baltimore. Ravens, Texans, Titans current uniforms all terrible. 

I expect Irsay to join Bud Adams and Art Modell burning in Hell upon their demise. John Y. Brown too, for that matter.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The Titans are bringing back the Houston Oilers look this weekend vs Atlanta. JMHO but that look belongs to the Texans since they are Houston's team now.

2023_ATL_1TBA.PNG

2023_TEN_J.png

Agreed. And what makes it worse is the Titans picked the December Texans game as the 2nd game they will wear them this year. What a dick move.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2023/07/27/houston-oilers-throwback-uniforms-tennessee-titans-texans-falcons/70476147007/#:~:text=The Tennessee Titans will wear,17.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, VaMilBill said:

Gotta say this is the most unenthusiastic I’ve been about a game this year. Expectations aren’t particularly high at this point. Hope they get a statement win

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

For me, it’s been years since I’ve felt this apprehensive 

Crazy how this happens every week the bills play football, every single week people line up to tell us how this is the worst they've felt or the least they've cared in years. And each week I point this out and they get mad at me:p

• Disagree 1

55 minutes ago, Franco_92 said:

Crazy how this happens every week the bills play football, every single week people line up to tell us how this is the worst they've felt or the least they've cared in years. And each week I point this out and they get mad at me:p

I mean with our SB hopes to begin the season and what we’ve looked like the last three weeks against mediocre to bad teams, can you blame me?

16 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I mean with our SB hopes to begin the season and what we’ve looked like the last three weeks against mediocre to bad teams, can you blame me?

SF is considered a legit Super Bowl contender and they have lost their last 2. It's the ups and downs of the regular season. It happens.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.