Article on Josh Allen's state of mind

Drew21PA

Daboll's impact on Josh's development was significant and I think Josh does not have that solid voice of experience to help him right now. I question what kind of relationship he really has with Dorsey and to what degree his struggles can be attributed to a lack of confidence in Dorsey's offensive system.  

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Can’t believe how coaching is ruining the best QB we’ve ever had. Just madness. 

I don’t know if the article is true or not but it paints Allen as a weak minded, tentative, unsure player seeking nirvana like some freak hippy from 1968.  And your take is that coaching is ruining him?  

1 minute ago, Dubie54 said:

Daboll's impact on Josh's development was significant and I think Josh does not have that solid voice of experience to help him right now. I question what kind of relationship he really has with Dorsey and to what degree his struggles can be attributed to a lack of confidence in Dorsey's offensive system.  

It definitely can’t be anything Allen is doing wrong because he is perfect.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

I think a lot of this comes down to the running thing.

All last year, the fans, media, et al. - Allen is running too much. He's taking too many risks. It will shorten his career.

And over the summer, Allen and the coaches were asked about it a few times.  They made it clear that it was something that was being addressed and discussed. And I think that just went way overboard.  The main impression I have had watching these games, and trying to figure out why JA's demeanor is so different, is just that he's thinking too much.  There are too many conflicting signals going on in his head.

He needs to go back to his instincts.

• Agree 1

Yeah, his interview yesterday was WEIRD. 

He chooses to stay low positive, but then 30-seconds later he says he might have to crank it up more.

John Warrow right away with the "you don't look like you're having fun" blast. 

Our media just pounces on these emotional/feelings type stories like a cat on catnip. 

Buffalo has always been uncomfortable with talent. 

• Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I don’t know if the article is true or not but it paints Allen as a weak minded, tentative, unsure player seeking nirvana like some freak hippy from 1968.  And your take is that coaching is ruining him?  

It definitely can’t be anything Allen is doing wrong because he is perfect.

Of course he's not perfect, that's not the point.

There are a lot bigger problems than Josh right now but since he's the QB it has a huge impact on the rest of the team. 

You can't turn your emotions on and off like a light switch. 

Josh has lost his mojo, I hope he gets it back. I think over coaching got into his head. 

I always thought once Josh took off and lowered a shoulder that his competitive juices started flowing and he played better. 

I know that's taboo around here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Drew21PA said:

I sure hope Josh Allen is not turning into Aaron Rodgers and becoming a head case

someone just speak wisdom to the kid please

https://www.outkick.com/bills-qb-josh-allen-gives-peek-into-whats-wrong-and-its-as-simple-as-the-uncertainty-in-his-head/

This was just a “he needs a new head coach” piece:

..”In that postseason (2022), I’m quite certain Allen was not searching for the right mental state or approach. Because his coach, Brian Daboll, told Allen what he needed to think about and Allen got it and just played.”

12 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

He's a whisker away from a darkness retreat.

Or, turn the light on and pop in some ***** film

Josh was already kind of a head case. This was the last thing I wanted to read about him.

The more he starts trying to fine tune his thinking the more he’ll be, well… thinking. 

We want Josh to think, but not be so in his head about it it starts him overthinking. Once you get caught in that cycle, things slow down, and start to take away from the things that made you special to begin with. 

The next cycle will be him trying to get back to not thinking so much, that will lead to mistakes and more overthinking and he’ll try to think more. Oof… this is not good. 

I believe he and the coaching staff need to start considering this is a bit of a lost season. Let him go out there and just doing it until he finds himself again. He needs a hard reboot. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

3 hours ago, Drew21PA said:

I sure hope Josh Allen is not turning into Aaron Rodgers and becoming a head case

someone just speak wisdom to the kid please

https://www.outkick.com/bills-qb-josh-allen-gives-peek-into-whats-wrong-and-its-as-simple-as-the-uncertainty-in-his-head/

Aaron Rodgers is the man, you’re crazy 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

There’s no room for “low positive” when you are blessed with high “arm arrogance.” 🧐.

He says he thinks he plays better with his emotions in check—but I think we need to still sometimes see the fired up Josh that gets his team to run through walls for him! 

That's true, but "fired up" doesn't always mean running like a maniac. 

I rewatched parts of the New England game and what stood out to me was the creativity with the play calling, on both sides.  It's as if Belichick properly did all of his homework before the game but questions remain as to whether McD & Co. did any.  And if they did, which surely they did, then they were not good if not outright awful at it.  

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Coaching has specifically told him to stop running like that. It’s been widely reported.

He’s so dreamy I just don’t see how anyone could ever think he ever did anything wrong.  Obviously it all all someone else’s fault.

4 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

That's true, but "fired up" doesn't always mean running like a maniac. 

I rewatched parts of the New England game and what stood out to me was the creativity with the play calling, on both sides.  It's as if Belichick properly did all of his homework before the game but questions remain as to whether McD & Co. did any.  And if they did, which surely they did, then they were not good if not outright awful at it.  

Dorsey dialed up a wide open bomb to Diggs.  Does that count?

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.