Trade deadline needs what are your priorities

Xwnyer

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

A guy that wasn't available? Justin Jefferson went 22 overall in the draft that year. Guess who gave that pick to the Vikings? He would have been right there for the taking. Ee ended up with Diggs and it worked out but you're trying to jump the gun and say he wasn't avaliable to support an argument when he would have been had we had that pick lol. The other guys I mentioned were the next guys off the board when we picked and have been productive. Late first, early to mid second isn't that much of a drop off. So, yes my argument is valid

So what if that exact same trade happens but its diggs for pick 21 to the eagles.  Eagles get Diggs, Vikings get Jefferson @21 - buffalo gets... Reagor or Aiyuk.  

Oh but now we'll know we need to trade up!  You don't get the benefit of hindsight without the rest of the league also getting it.  

16 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

So what if that exact same trade happens but its diggs for pick 21 to the eagles.  Eagles get Diggs, Vikings get Jefferson @21 - buffalo gets... Reagor or Aiyuk.  

Oh but now we'll know we need to trade up!  You don't get the benefit of hindsight without the rest of the league also getting it.  

Yeah, then we end up with the next best guy. That's the chance you take. But again, as I told you before, I have no issue with trading for a young guy that's worth it. But who would that WR be? No one can answer me that question. The other guy I was talking to was saying we trade for a young guy that can take over for Diggs when he leaves. Which guy 25 or younger is that guy right now? Which guy has been that productive and is worth it? I wasn't talking hypothetical of teams trading their picks. Just who was there at the moment that they either did pick or could have picked at that spot

Edited by Buffalo03

7 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

With the looming trade deadline and if you are Beane where do you focus?   DT1 , CB or WR.  My big concern about focusing on a WR is that the OC has weapons and apparently can not create schemes and mismatches with formations and motion.  maybe the WR solution is more Shakir, Harty, Kincaid and Cook with Harty replacing Gabe as your deep threat.  

I am thinking DT1 is the biggest need since we seem to have lost pressure up the middle on passing downs.  The question is who is available and what price.  What assets do we have that someone else might want beside draft picks?

Trades are likely to be net negative in value in my opinion.  Agree on 1T DT. Always important but not an interesting position to media and casual fans.

I want a WR, an upgrade over Gabe Davis.  Gabe hasn't been getting as many targets because he doesn't deserve them.  But a good WR would get more looks and make our offense much more dangerous.  It would take advantage of one of Josh's strong points, creating time in the pocket then firing a laser 25 yards downfield.

This would have to be a good WR to be an upgrade..  A veteran that will be able to be used quickly.  M Evans/D Adams/ DHop/A Thielen/T McLaurin

DHop is the most realistic at this point IMO.  I would like his contract extended to add another year, making it two and half going over what we have for Diggs, for insurance there.  We would need give Tenn a decent draft pick to have them eat a significant portion of the contract.   The Edmunds third might do.  DHop only has a $1.1M salary because of the $9.8M signing bonus.  A lot to work with there.

Trade our first round next year, a player or two and go grab the best wr we can get...load the offense and go balls to the wall on offense and boat race everyone.....too many holes on defense for 1 player to make a significant difference..but another wr1 opposite Diggs brings this offense to the stratosphere...as long as the ball control dink and dunk experiment is scrapped......just freaking focus on putting up point whether it's in 1 minute or 8 minutes....score some damn points!...these long sustained drives do nothing but limit our offense possessions 

• Agree 1

I would definitely look to add in order.

1. CB - after seeing receivers continuously catching balls for 1st downs on 2nd & 3rd downs (maybe it’s a Mcd thing) but Jackson/Elam ain’t cutting it. 
2. Wr2 - watching gabe catch 1 ball and barely seeing anyone else contribute (other than diggs,shakir,Kincaid ) it’s really affecting josh so getting him a better number 2 will help a lot imo

3. LB - now this can not happen it wouldn’t upset me if we didn’t add here. 
Williams and Bernard have impressed me a lot and I think they have filled in well but adding a vet that can help with the run would help a lot until we get healthy again. 

17 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

I felt like this team had some real juice when our slot was effective in the past years. 

Id like to see that again....in play design.

Isabella

17 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

On offense I'm still in the camp that we need OT help. Both Dawkins and Brown need far too much help and when left alone routinely get beat.

On defense, we need a run stopping plug the middle DT. Need to keep those young LBers clean to make plays. 

Also, we need SPEED somewhere. I remember a couple years ago now Beane talking about Tyreek Hill's speed and said "If you know where I can find that let me know". Funny how Miami has found that speed again....and again....and again...and again...while we limp a 1 legged Von Miller and Hyde and Poyer out on defense that can be timed with a sun dial. 

Isabella

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

I like his help for the for the attack...but if you told me as an offensive weapon ONLY. Id rather have what Beasley at his best and Mckenzie did for us as on offense.

Isabella

17 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

DT. Everything else is a distant 2nd. 

i wouldn't say distant but DT is priority

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

This team needs to take its hits this year and not sacrifice youth for trades. Buffalo needs all the draft picks they have because this roster has aged out rapidly. Maybe they sneak in as a wild card this year but it is very clear that there are some major issues with players/coaches. Hopefully they nail the draft and get some key players back to health next year. They could go on a run if they get a 80% Von back sext September. 

draft picks is gambling, better off getting proven commodities

7 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

Trade Josh to bears for first two picks grab UNC QB And Marvin jr.  

we would get more than two first rounders.

also Bo Nix is better

The offense has felt off but we are still scoring. The whole league is down on offense, we are fine there. The issue is the injuries we have on defense and the constant fact that we can’t get off the field on 3rd down. Every time we need a stop the other team effortlessly moves the length of the field. We only play good defense in the red zone. Trade for a CB. Get Surtain and if you need help on the Dline then fine. But if we trade for a Dlineman, with all the resources we waste on this bull#### constant Dline rotation….all the high draft picks, FA etc. If we still need help there then the people responsible for player personnel and roster construction need to be removed. We have so much depth on this Dline, it’s inexcusable to feel like we still need more help there. 

8 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

To defeat Burrow, etc... You need pressure up the middle! This needs to be done if you are serious about making a run. That's the facts Jack!

Reality check...the only way we have success here on out, trade for more offensive firepower. But we won't as usual 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.