Defense should be embarrassed…

LabattBlue

4 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Thank you..

Everyone blaming the O. (which yes they were bad)

But at the end of the day you let up 29 points to Mac Jones… 

Embarrassing

All three phases were a clown show today.

terrible. At least we know what we have. No superbowl aspirations this season. ( at least if you’re honest with yourself you know they are done)

I was stunned at how the Bills came back to take the lead. It was fantastic. 

I wasn't confident that the Bills D would stop NE because of the way both sides were playing. However, I really never thought the Pats would score a game winning TD. I was sort of expecting OT. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, 26TrapDraw said:

All three phases were a clown show today.

terrible. At least we know what we have. No superbowl aspirations this season. ( at least if you’re honest with yourself you know they are done)

Yep pretty much.

I think they will be lucky to make the playoffs at this point 

• Like (+1) 1

The D is playing with one hand behind its back because of injuries.

Belichick was bound to find holes all over. What you saw today was Jones carve up a D riddled with second string players.

The O performance was far more concerning particularly given that the Pats two top pass rushers did not play.

As for those calling for Dorsey's head (and the rest of this sentence is not a defense of Dorsey) how many of you can tell on most plays whether it was the scheme or the execution that failed? I certainly cannot without the tome to study the all-22 view.

6 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Hopefully I can get this in before this thread gets buried.

Bills had their backup 1T and 3T today, and the guys backing them up are a practice squad player and a guy who had been inactive.

The lack of NT was detrimental to the DL, you could see it start when Jones went out but losing Oliver was the kiss of death. Poor DTs + small LBers results in what we saw today. I love our small LBers too, but this defensive performance was predictable. 

All the talk of the offense, but Bills MUST bring in a legitimate NT by the trade deadline. 

Nah bring in another number 1 caliber wr and hitch everything to the offense for once...scrap the 12 personal failure and go put up points..sick of this defense taking all assets

6 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Hopefully I can get this in before this thread gets buried.

Bills had their backup 1T and 3T today, and the guys backing them up are a practice squad player and a guy who had been inactive.

The lack of NT was detrimental to the DL, you could see it start when Jones went out but losing Oliver was the kiss of death. Poor DTs + small LBers results in what we saw today. I love our small LBers too, but this defensive performance was predictable. 

All the talk of the offense, but Bills MUST bring in a legitimate NT by the trade deadline. 

Valid, but I’m sorry… no. 

This Pats Offense is that bad and are dealing with injuries of their own.  

Pathetic performance from them today. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Offense left the field with a lead.  It’s at least somewhat close.

After pooping the bed for the entire game except 7 minutes of it. Yippie 

13 hours ago, Aimee75 said:

Ah yes, allowing Mac Jones and his offense to score 29 points, march down the field and hell, score a TD in under two minutes with utter ease had nothing to do with it. Nope, our ancient defense is just stellar and so is our head coach. They can do no wrong.

Again your 250M QB and Offense didn’t NOTHING the entire game except the least 7 minutes 

12 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Taron Johnson had, quite possibly the worst game of his NFL career. While he did still make a couple plays against the run he was on coverage for 2 Patriots TD passes and was out of position badly. 

Plenty bof blame for BOTH SIDES today.

Defense wise, they gave up a fast start (yes the INT didn't help). They allowed Jones to complete 25 of 30 passes and drive the field at the end for the win. Taron Johnson gave up 2 TDs. Constantly let WRs roam free. Poor tackling. In total gave up 29 points to a team that hasn't scored a TD since MC Hammer was a "thing" (at least it seems that long.)

Nope your 250M QB and Healthy Offense should be able to pick up a defense that is Decimated in injury No?

sorry this offense is broken. It is bad and this is not a playoff team right now. 

15 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Either they were terrible today, or all the fans here who normally bash Mac Jones, owe him an apology. 😂

The defense was not put into a position to be successful against NE. I will (shudder) rewatch the game to double check, but others have already stated what I saw. McD blitzed and blitzed and blitzed and didn’t let the fact that it was helping Mac Jones and NE dissuade him from continuing to do so. 

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

After pooping the bed for the entire game except 7 minutes of it. Yippie 

Again your 250M QB and Offense didn’t NOTHING the entire game except the least 7 minutes 

Nope your 250M QB and Healthy Offense should be able to pick up a defense that is Decimated in injury No?

sorry this offense is broken. It is bad and this is not a playoff team right now. 

Pick up? Sure.And they did just that in the 4th. Played their best when it matters most. They even had a few really nice long drives to keep the defense less exposed and off the field. Left the field with a lead. You would think your HC who is also the DC with a long history of running a defense would be able to scheme around talent and help out, no?

• Agree 1

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

Pick up? Sure.And they did just that in the 4th. Played their best when it matters most. They even had a few really nice long drives to keep the defense less exposed and off the field. Left the field with a lead. You would think your HC who is also the DC with a long history of running a defense would be able to scheme around talent and help out, no?

Did they?  Really so you think this offense helped that defense?

with Pick on the first ***** play

punt after punt 

3 and out after 3 and out 

this is picking up that defense let me tell you. 

IMG_9592.png

Geez I remember questioning the defense allowing almost 500 yards vs. Jax and people here telling us that the "D" played admirably.  What a crock.

Yesterday they allowed Mac Jones to go 25-30 and complete pass after pass and got 1 sack.

They got gifted a fumble, but when you needed a defense to make a play they did not.

McD built his reputation on that side of the ball and has been embarrassed.  What a bunch of front runners they are.  

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Did they?  Really so you think this offense helped that defense?

with Pick on the first ***** play

punt after punt 

3 and out after 3 and out 

this is picking up that defense let me tell you. 

IMG_9592.png

And yet they controlled the ball well on several drives and left the field with the lead. How many 3 and outs did they have yesterday? Didn't seem like many at all. And again I say, plenty of blame to go around. To say the offense is Scott free of blame is wrong. But our 250 million dollar QB didn't give up 2 TD passes and extend a Patriot drive with a dumb penalty either. Our $41 Million slot CB DID.

Cherry pick first half stats all you want. The defense still crapped the bed at the end and didn't stop Mac from looking like Brady Lite all game. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.