Around the NFL

ChronicAndKnuckles

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

They did.

And Mark Sanchez kept saying Breece Hall should've slid down before scoring the TD. Which is one of the dumbest things I've heard a commentator say.

It should go without saying that if your team is losing, you take the TD. There is no guarantee you're going to score after that.

he was right.  They could have made philly use both timeouts and then ran it down and kicked the field goal.  Its the smart play. If hurts was not so inept he wouldhave made them pay, but he is a bus driver who gets really jumpy when hit.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

There’s gotta be a silver lining somewhere. 😉

4 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Jets staying 500 keeps them from getting a top QB next year. 

So actually, I was just trying to make a funny, referencing the Bradley Cooper movie, “Silver Linings Playbook.” Great movie, btw.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah and it's stupid. They were losing. Doing something dumb like that is how you get ahead of yourself and lose a game.

Yeah, I was simply saying what he meant.  

In this case I would agree with you.  If the game were a high-scoring offensive affair however, say between us and the Chiefs, it might make sense.  You'd never want to put the game in Mahomes' hands with 1:46 remaining.  Better to get the clock down as far as you can, then kick a FG.  

You know, maybe get it down to :13 seconds.  There's a miniscule chance that you'd lose unless you played absolutely stupid defense.  

:D 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

he was right.  They could have made philly use both timeouts and then ran it down and kicked the field goal.  Its the smart play. If hurts was not so inept he wouldhave made them pay, but he is a bus driver who gets really jumpy when hit.

Yep, it's all guaranteed. They were guaranteed three points. Really no reason to even run the plays. Just run a predetermined time off the clock and skip ahead.

6 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Jacksonville-Detroit Super Bowl. It would be the lowest rated Super Bowl of all time and it could actually happen.

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Huh?

I think a lot of people would be cheering on the Lions 

It'll be Bills vs SF and Bills vs Lions if the refs cheat Purdy like they did today

Just now, LeGOATski said:

Yep, it's all guaranteed. They were guaranteed three points. Really no reason to even run the plays. Just run a predetermined time off the clock and skip ahead.

well 3 from there is as easy as a kick gets.  They also could have run in it for a touchdown on 3rd down having made philly burn their timeouts already.

It was a mistake and they got away with it.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

well 3 from there is as easy as a kick gets.  They also could have run in it for a touchdown on 3rd down having made philly burn their timeouts already.

It was a mistake and they got away with it.

Philly would've stuffed them, or they would've fumbled, or they would've blocked the kick.

It was the right move and they won the game with it.

14 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

He was not right.

The Eagles would have still got the ball back with about a minute left but then only needing a FG, not a TD.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

He was not right.

The Eagles would have still got the ball back with about a minute left but then only needing a FG, not a TD.

and if the eagles let them score on third down?

He was right.  Its the smarter play and they were lucky they got away with it.

3 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Then all they accomplish is running off 10-15 seconds off the clock and taking a couple timeouts out of the equation.

They didn't "get away" with anything. It wasn't the kind of situation that was going to have any significant effect on the game.

The fact that he kept repeatedly ranting about it was sort of embarrassing, imo.

33 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

There is something this year with Hurts where D Coordinators have picked up some tendency that wasn’t there last year. 

You sell out to stomp the run. Philly is a run first team. Make hurts throw. He has weapons but hurts is a better runnner than passer. Their o line hasn’t been as good this year either. Now no lane Johnson. 

15 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

And also because Hurts was playing so awesome all game right? I mean, why leave 1:46 on the clock when Hurts is obviously going to march down the field and score.

It's so obvious and basically predetermined.

5 hours ago, Westside said:

Why is it a good thing? Screw the browns.

Jeez, why?

Yeah their owner is a crook but their fans are unbelievably loyal. I've never heard of a "bandwagon Browns fan." 

To me, Cleveland is the only AFC team I can tolerate, despite the Watson crap.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.