Around the NFL

ChronicAndKnuckles

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Plus their offensive west coast system is very good. Burrow is able to make the correct reads and get the ball out quick. Negates lots of defenses effective pass rushing. 

They have very good offensive weapons and their oline is likely improved. DC Lou A is a terrific play caller.

I agree with all of this except the comment on the OL. It’s still a hot mess but they’re getting the ball out quickly to negate that. Much like Miami, the key is to take away that first read and make Burrow hold the ball. He. doesn’t panic like Tua, but takes a lot of sacks. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

I agree with all of this except the comment on the OL. It’s still a hot mess but they’re getting the ball out quickly to negate that. Much like Miami, the key is to take away that first read and make Burrow hold the ball. He. doesn’t panic like Tua, but takes a lot of sacks. 

Burrow takes the most hits out of all the “elite” QBs. If the Bengals aren’t careful he could end up like Andrew Luck. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

He couldn't move at all. I disagree.

I guess if it was an injury I thought his improvement would be more gradual. He went from one of the worst QBs I’ve seen, not able to to hit the broad side of a barn one week to back to his normal self the next.

Maybe they found the right combination of drugs to shoot him up with.

4 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Burrow takes the most hits out of all the “elite” QBs. If the Bengals aren’t careful he could end up like Andrew Luck. 

He just doesn’t care about waiting for a WR to get open. He will get killed waiting for it. Admirable trait but ya, you wonder if he can hold up. 

6 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Burrow is really good in crunch time. He's a winner and has that elite it factor. I have him rated as the 2nd best QB in the league.

Physically he's not as gifted as many QBs but don't like that fool you. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Nator99 said:

Dolphins are down 14-0 to the Panthers last I checked on AOL Sports update. At least we now take back over the division lead if this holds. Yahoo. 

AOL is about as far behind as you'd expect then that game is tied.

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

If Cleveland is the one to break the 49ers streak with a backup QB I'm going to hate it 

There playing pretty well today, but 49ers still have their LT and they're a machine.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.