LB Josey Jewell

CB Kristian Fulton

CB David Long

S Ashtyn Davis

OL Saahdiq Charles

CB Desmond King - Released

RB Derrick Henry

I'll take Harrison Smith, Hunter Renfrow, Joseph Jewell and Ashtyn Davis

This place will not be fun tomorrow at 4 if we don’t make an impactful move. & rightfully so IMO

11 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Beane should consider trading a first here. He’s what you hope you get when you draft a CB with a first. 

Elam + 2nd  would be my offer

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

Beane should consider trading a first here. He’s what you hope you get when you draft a CB with a first. 

I want Beane to get this done.  I don't think he probably will, but this is the type of player you make a big deal for.  Super young, super talented at a premium position.  You most likely will not get a talent this good in the late 20s or in the 30s of the draft.  Do I want to give up a one?  No, but it should be talked about.  If I could get him for Elam, a 2, and maybe another late round pick, I do it in a heartbeat.  If that isn't good enough, I might consider a 1 and more for the player and a pick coming back. 

This is not a rental situation.  This is someone you are committing to for a long time and with his age, it is a lot easier to make a big contract work because you can stretch it out for so long.  I'd love for this to happen, but huge deals for these young, great players don't happen a lot at the trade deadline.  That said, if we don't get it done and someone else does for a fairly reasonable price, I will be pretty frustrated.  Opportunities like this don't come around very often.  Come on, Beane......make this happen.  Take the swing and see if we can legitimately get back into the title picture this season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, sven233 said:

I want Beane to get this done.  I don't think he probably will, but this is the type of player you make a big deal for.  Super young, super talented at a premium position.  You most likely will not get a talent this good in the late 20s or in the 30s of the draft.  Do I want to give up a one?  No, but it should be talked about.  If I could get him for Elam, a 2, and maybe another late round pick, I do it in a heartbeat.  If that isn't good enough, I might consider a 1 and more for the player and a pick coming back. 

This is not a rental situation.  This is someone you are committing to for a long time and with his age, it is a lot easier to make a big contract work because you can stretch it out for so long.  I'd love for this to happen, but huge deals for these young, great players don't happen a lot at the trade deadline.  That said, if we don't get it done and someone else does for a fairly reasonable price, I will be pretty frustrated.  Opportunities like this don't come around very often.  Come on, Beane......make this happen.  Take the swing and see if we can legitimately get back into the title picture this season.

Maybe Chicago is salty about Tremaine Edmunds and taxes us extra for that frustration? 

11 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Maybe Chicago is salty about Tremaine Edmunds and taxes us extra for that frustration? 

They signed him with their own free will. I think Beane would have had him back at 12 per. No one forced a rebuilding team to overpay for a LB. The fact that they did that is why they suck year after year.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/10/2023 at 12:43 PM, ngbills said:

WR Van Jefferson - Traded to ATL

WR Mecole Hardman - Traded to KC

S Kevin Byard - Traded to PHI

DE Frank Clark - To be released; Signing w Seattle

WR Jerry Jeudy

S/LB Jeremy Chinn

WR Terrace Marshall

CB Donte Jackson

WR Hunter Renfrow

DE Carl Lawson

RB Dalvin Cook

WR Courtland Sutton

WR Kendrick Bourne

LB Myjai Sanders - Released; Signed by HOU

S Harrison Smith

DE Danielle Hunter

WR KJ Osborn

S Kareem Jackson

WR DeAndre Hopkins

LB Josh Uche

G Michael Onwenu

LB Zaven Collins

LB Josey Jewell

CB Kristian Fulton

CB David Long

S Ashtyn Davis

OL Saahdiq Charles

CB Desmond King - Released

RB Derrick Henry

No DTs ???

On 10/10/2023 at 1:07 PM, Wsam4031 said:

Heard Surtain from Denver is available. Would for sure give at least a first for him

going to take WAY more than that, probably 2 firsts and a second and a player

1 hour ago, sven233 said:

This may be one of those rare moments where Beane is willing to trade a 1st round pick.  With White injured again, Jackson a FA after the season, and Elam not panning out, the CB room is rather shaky right now.  I like Benford but he's had some injuries too.  If they get Johnson, it immediately shores up the position.

2 hours ago, juno999 said:

This may be one of those rare moments where Beane is willing to trade a 1st round pick.  With White injured again, Jackson a FA after the season, and Elam not panning out, the CB room is rather shaky right now.  I like Benford but he's had some injuries too.  If they get Johnson, it immediately shores up the position.

It would, but I am leary of giving up a 1st when we are going to need some O talent next year. I think I'd rather give a 4th or 5th to GB for Rosul Douglas or to Washington for Kendall Fuller. Douglas has another year on his contract and Fuller has also played safety, so he could be re-signed if wanted/needed next season. May not be the quality of Johnson, but would still improve what we currently have without using a high DP. 

• Like (+1) 1

I still think the only real option at corner is adoree Jackson.  He is good not great, has an expiring contract and plays inside and outside.

Probably get him for a 5th or 6th round pick.  He would be active every week and help the team.

adding jaylon and eventually cutting/injury settling tre is a great move.

assuming we can get some 1 tech from harry phillips (won't cost much) then he and jaylon really helps the d.  if we can slime and slide around and get like devante adams or hopkins, that would put us over the top.

if hopkins is cheap now, he and a corner and a 1 tech is exactly what we need.

2 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

It would, but I am leary of giving up a 1st when we are going to need some O talent next year. I think I'd rather give a 4th or 5th to GB for Rosul Douglas or to Washington for Kendall Fuller. Douglas has another year on his contract and Fuller has also played safety, so he could be re-signed if wanted/needed next season. May not be the quality of Johnson, but would still improve what we currently have without using a high DP. 

Its bad business to ever trade a first.  If it is not for quarterback or a once a generation type player (aaron Donald ish) imo you should never ever do it.  

I feel like the market has been set for above average defensive players with expiring contracts with Williams.  So that would mean a 2024 2nd and a 2025 5th.  The bills have two 3rds so moving the second though hard to swallow would be justifiable in this case.  

The bigger question is do you want to give a player a big time deal that you do not even know?  That can upset the locker room.  An outsider coming in and getting big money.  The fact that he is a corner is another iffy thing to me.  Guys that far away from the ball, you have to think twice about paying them these huge deals.  You can always justify it for a player that plays on the line of scrimmage or a quarterback.  Its just hard to do for a corner imo.  Even the great ones are up and down.

Matt Eberflus Bears defense asks the corners to jam at the line of scrimmage.  He has a varied background having come up with Rob Ryan and then Rod marinelli.  So jamming at the line of scrimmage and forcing guys inside is priority one.  Johnson fits that mold with long arms and he is strong.  I imagine he would fit right in with this defense.  

Having heard that SF is involved that makes me think this may get pushed to a first round pick.  They are going for it 100% right now (Buffalo is to right?) and they seem to overpay if they want something and are not afraid to bring guys in and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

Having said all that, this team needs help up front IMO, but there is no one who is going to trade the big guys inside at this point so getting a corner who can play the upper level wr and slow them down is the next best thing.  A 2nd round pick wouldn't break the back of the Bills but it will be tough to swallow on Draft day when there are needs.

13 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Its bad business to ever trade a first.  If it is not for quarterback or a once a generation type player (aaron Donald ish) imo you should never ever do it.  

I feel like the market has been set for above average defensive players with expiring contracts with Williams.  So that would mean a 2024 2nd and a 2025 5th.  The bills have two 3rds so moving the second though hard to swallow would be justifiable in this case.  

The bigger question is do you want to give a player a big time deal that you do not even know?  That can upset the locker room.  An outsider coming in and getting big money.  The fact that he is a corner is another iffy thing to me.  Guys that far away from the ball, you have to think twice about paying them these huge deals.  You can always justify it for a player that plays on the line of scrimmage or a quarterback.  Its just hard to do for a corner imo.  Even the great ones are up and down.

Matt Eberflus Bears defense asks the corners to jam at the line of scrimmage.  He has a varied background having come up with Rob Ryan and then Rod marinelli.  So jamming at the line of scrimmage and forcing guys inside is priority one.  Johnson fits that mold with long arms and he is strong.  I imagine he would fit right in with this defense.  

Having heard that SF is involved that makes me think this may get pushed to a first round pick.  They are going for it 100% right now (Buffalo is to right?) and they seem to overpay if they want something and are not afraid to bring guys in and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

Having said all that, this team needs help up front IMO, but there is no one who is going to trade the big guys inside at this point so getting a corner who can play the upper level wr and slow them down is the next best thing.  A 2nd round pick wouldn't break the back of the Bills but it will be tough to swallow on Draft day when there are needs.

I still don't think Johnson is the answer and still think it's too much to give up.

You want to see something kind of funny. Elams comparison is Jaylon Johnson!! 🤣🤣

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/kaiir-elam/3200454c-4155-0002-a198-92eda6859fa9

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I would just like to Add on Jaylon Johnson.  Spotrac's potential salary for him is 3 years 23.3 mllion with an avg salary of 7.7 million.  I imagine this is the hold up with the bears and a contract.  He probably sees himself as Jalen Ramsey and his comps according to spotrac are taron johnson, jordan lewis, charvarious ward...etc....This must be the issue.

also a few more things, Seattle sending a 2nd round pick to NY while NY ate the salary on Williams may not be an accurate estimate on compensation.  Johnson is younger and less expensive.  That seattle pick will end up being a late 2 as would buffalo, Dallas or SF's 2.  The bears may ask for a 1 for johnson.  I wouldn't want to be competing in this type of situation with SF, I do not think Dallas would even consider a 1 however.  

The difference with buffalo is they could send elam.  Elam and johnson are essentially the same size and elam has years left on his deal and could step in and get a fresh start under imo a very good defensive coach in Eberflus.   So maybe Elam and a 3 could be an option if no one else goes higher than a 2.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/jaylon-johnson-47645/market-value/

Looks like some rumors on jaylon Johnson from the bears (CB) - couple things I read he sought a trade and I guess Buffalo is interested

saw another fascinating one that the commanders were interested in trading two guys on defense

Montez Swear and Chase Young for a second rounder (each) is what they want - don’t think that is too bad 

Edited by Drew21PA

1 hour ago, CNYfan said:

I am not expecting anything big, or anything at all.   May a DT like Harrison Phillips, but not going to be trading a 1st rounder without the extension in place.  

Thank you Buzz Killington 

2 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Looks like some rumors on jaylon Johnson from the bears (CB) - couple things I read he sought a trade and I guess Buffalo is interested

saw another fascinating one that the commanders were interested in trading two guys on defense

Montez Swear and Chase Young for a second rounder (each) is what they want - don’t think that is too bad 

Bet Young could be had for a 3rd.

worth it?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26TrapDraw said:

We have 2 3rds. Beane would part with 1 for Young me thinks. Will the commanders take it though? I make that call if I’m BB.

Chase Young’s a good player.

I wouldn't trade for Young or Sweat right now. I think we are already set at DE for now. Allen on the other hand...😁

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.