Trades?

Cuboirs

9 hours ago, Success said:

Maybe.  It depends on the following:

- Are Milano & Jones definitely gone for this season?  If either can make it back for the playoffs, stand pat at their position.

- How do the replacements do?  Williams might be alright.  I was excited when we signed Poona Ford.  Both will be a dropoff, but in a D like this, maybe not significant enough to warrant any other moves.

They could be ok with a less stellar defense but only if the offense plays the keep away game by eating chunks of game clock.  Then even a timely turnover by defense can make enough impact to get the bigger gap  in score letting our defenders tee off or play prevent as game is progressing can adjust to what's happening.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, FireChans said:

It’s too late man.

It's not too late the 49ers just traded for Gregory without the need .Traded for CmC without the need aswell ...The dolphins traded for Claypool without the need ...And we have needs and will likely do nothing

..that's how you build a winner...

Edited by Cuboirs
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, buffblue said:

He's not untouchable for sure

I'm not sure about that, I think a big part of his contract was Josh likes him. His production certainly didn't warrant the money he was given. Now they have the 2 TEs they always wanted and can't scheme any plays to the TEs. 

4 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Remind us all, how many SB wins has Beane gotten us?

This, id rather be the Rams who sold it all for a championship. They just blew they're money and now it's a moot point. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

This. Wait and see. Wait until deadline. If we lose 3-4 more players then what is the point. See if there is a chance for Daquan to come back later. See how Bernard and Williams play. See if Elam can get back on track. Evaluate, find the biggest weakness and if a trade is there, do it. Even for a first. Just don't do it now.

Wait until some other team go to them with an offer and ***** him? 

3 hours ago, Cuboirs said:

It's not too late the 49ers just traded for Gregory without the need .Traded for CmC without the need aswell ...The dolphins traded for Claypool without the need ...And we have needs and will likely do nothing

..that's how you build a winner...

Actually I think the Finns do have a need. Not this year but when they are cap constrained and unable to resign Waddle who is an UFA after next year. 

14 hours ago, buffblue said:

He's not untouchable for sure

His contract is though.  

14 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

If we make a trade, I hope it’s for an offensive weapon

Tired of devoting so many resources to this defense

Another WR would be a force multiplier beyond anything another LB, DT, or even CB could be.  It would also mean another competitive AFC team did not get that guy.  

At some point, the mindset of balancing offense with defense has to be jettisoned.  They've got some pass rush and sure there could be improvements on the back end, but finding a true complement to Diggs makes this offense a force and should be prioritized.  It also means Gabe can play the WR3 role an gives Kincaid more time develop.  

Beane has been pretty clear - he wants a long-term contender.

We have good depth at LB and CB, and good players stepping in for the injured guys.  To actually get better players in those positions would require some real capital, and compromise longer-term team building.

I could see us raiding a practice squad or 2 for better depth in case some of the replacements get hurt - but that's it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.