Around the NFL 10/8

Steptide

13 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Brock Purdy has a punchable face and I hate his primal screams with veins popping out of his neck after he throws the easiest pass to a wide open man in the end zone up 21. 

I regret that I can only like this post once. While he’s accurate, I f’ing hate how easy it is for him vs what the other 31 QBs have to do each week. It’s a different sport almost. There is no reading the defense, it’s simply “which wide open guy do I want to throw to that has 30 yards of open space in front of him”? You watch josh, and he’s gotta hit tight windows. I do nothing but watch football all day Sundays and it’s just different for everyone else. He’s basically playing the 7 on 7 drills that high school kids play where you’re throwing against air. Add in the fact that he has the horseshoe up his ass that Brady had for 20 years and it’s extremely annoying. This isn’t a 1 year thing either. They haven’t had a first round pick in 3 years. They’re going to own this decade. 

• Agree 1

Just now, High Football IQ said:

It's vomit inducing watching elite teams around the league like the Eagles, 49ers and Chiefs and knowing that the Bills have zero chance to beat any of these teams.

I think the Bengals are also going to spank this team again as they continue to round into form.

Correct. There’s a large gap there but until the eagles start playing better, they’re not one of the elites either. The 49ers are in a class by themselves and then the chiefs only because of Mahomes and the refs. Bengals will be fine too. We are trending down. 

A lot of this is coaching though. We have the worst of the group unfortunately too. Josh and Diggs can only prop them up so much. 

11 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

It's vomit inducing watching elite teams around the league like the Eagles, 49ers and Chiefs and knowing that the Bills have zero chance to beat any of these teams.

I think the Bengals are also going to spank this team again as they continue to round into form.

I’m not sure if they have zero chance , but I wouldn’t pick the Bills vs any of those teams this week. Fortunately the Bills don’t play any of those teams this week , and if they face the 49ers I’d love it because it could only be in the Super Bowl. It’s a week to week league and the Bills have a lot of injuries to figure out right now. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

I’m not sure if they have zero chance , but I wouldn’t pick the Bills vs any of those teams this week. Fortunately the Bills don’t play any of those teams this week , and if they face the 49ers I’d love it because it could only be in the Super Bowl. It’s a week to week league and the Bills have a lot of injuries to figure out right now. 

We would lose by 4 TDs to the 49ers even with Milano, Jones and white healthy. God knows what it would be without all 3 of them now. 

• Disagree 2

5 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

We would lose by 4 TDs to the 49ers even with Milano, Jones and white healthy. God knows what it would be without all 3 of them now. 

Bills probably win against the niners 3 of 10 times. Niners probably blow out the bills 3 of 10 and win by <10 4 of 10. 

1 minute ago, Shortchaz said:

Bills probably win against the niners 3 of 10 times. Niners probably blow out the bills 3 of 10 and win by <10 4 of 10. 

That’s optimistic. What path do you see us competing with them other than josh going off? But even then, we don’t have the weapons to throw to. They’ll take Diggs away because they have Chavarious Ward who always took Diggs away when the chiefs had him. Who’s blocking Bosa? Are Jackson and Elam supposed to keep up with Aiyuk and Deebo? No one to stop kittle and CMC too. Not to mention Shanahan would have 2 weeks to scheme up wide open plays. Sorry, not trying to beat up on you but it’s more likely they blow us out 8 out of 10 times and josh keeps it within a TD the other 2 times. 

3 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

That’s optimistic. What path do you see us competing with them other than josh going off? But even then, we don’t have the weapons to throw to. They’ll take Diggs away because they have Chavarious Ward who always took Diggs away when the chiefs had him. Who’s blocking Bosa? Are Jackson and Elam supposed to keep up with Aiyuk and Deebo? No one to stop kittle and CMC too. Not to mention Shanahan would have 2 weeks to scheme up wide open plays. Sorry, not trying to beat up on you but it’s more likely they blow us out 8 out of 10 times and josh keeps it within a TD the other 2 times. 

It’s the NFL so the margins are thin to begin with, and even thinner when you’re talking about the nuanced differences between the best of the best and the teams one tier below. 

the niners are on the top tier and the bills are one below but the bills are capable of beating anyone if they play their “A” game. 

the niners are more likely to play their A game but that doesn’t make them unbeatable. 

8 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

It’s the NFL so the margins are thin to begin with, and even thinner when you’re talking about the nuanced differences between the best of the best and the teams one tier below. 

the niners are on the top tier and the bills are one below but the bills are capable of beating anyone if they play their “A” game. 

the niners are more likely to play their A game but that doesn’t make them unbeatable. 

Agree to disagree I guess. I don’t see a path to anyone beating them this year at all other than injuries, but it seems like the rest of the league has injuries except for them somehow. 

Just now, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Agree to disagree I guess. I don’t see a path to anyone beating them this year at all other than injuries, but it seems like the rest of the league has injuries except for them somehow. 

Mccaffery isn’t going to make it through the whole season, he takes too many shots. 

• Vomit 1

10 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

It’s not like they are playing Carolina for the next 12 weeks.  They have some tough games on the schedule, and unlikely they run the table in the regular season, let alone all the way to the SB. 

35 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

It’s not like they are playing Carolina for the next 12 weeks.  They have some tough games on the schedule, and unlikely they run the table in the regular season, let alone all the way to the SB. 

They have exactly 2 hard games left (at eagles and home to ravens). They are motivated to beat the eagles after last year and the ravens are getting killed by injuries. They’re going undefeated. Unless the chiefs add another elite WR, they’re winning the SB too. 

7 hours ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Correct. There’s a large gap there but until the eagles start playing better, they’re not one of the elites either. The 49ers are in a class by themselves and then the chiefs only because of Mahomes and the refs. Bengals will be fine too. We are trending down. 

A lot of this is coaching though. We have the worst of the group unfortunately too. Josh and Diggs can only prop them up so much. 

Spot on. Imagine Allen under Ben Johnson.

This dude knows football.

Sports bettors typically have the best knowledge of the game because they watch so many different teams/coaching.

Trust me, I know.

8 hours ago, major said:

I hate admitting this, but the 2023 Niners look like one of the best nfl teams of all time

Agree. I actually think people will look back on them that way too. Mostly because I think this is just the start of a couple years worth of rings. I also think they’ve got HOFs at multiple spots too. They have the best player at their position at like 10 different spots. Best RB, best LT, best FB, best all around TE (he blocks the best by far), best DE, best LB, best man to man corner (other than maybe sauce). We didn’t even mention Deebo and then Aiyuk who is trending to be a top 5 WR. Didn’t even mention Hargreaves, Armstead, , Greenlaw, or Hufanga. They’re elite at every position with no weaknesses. They do everything well too. They never miss tackles. They alll block well. If somehow a game is a shootout, so what? They have more weapons than anyone. Grind it out game? Fine, they’re more physical and tougher than anyone else too. It’s disgusting. 

8 hours ago, McBean said:

Spot on. Imagine Allen under Ben Johnson.

This dude knows football.

Sports bettors typically have the best knowledge of the game because they watch so many different teams/coaching.

Trust me, I know.

I don’t claim to be a shark or anything but I bet a decent amount of time and when you watch every game, the Niners jump off the screen like they’re playing a different sport altogether than everyone else. So much so that Vegas has removed any value you can get betting them to win it all. They’re the HEAVY favorites now at +350 while KC is next at +550. Then Philly at +800 and our bills at +950. It’s wild that that Philly even while undefeated is significantly less valued than Sf but not if you watch them. Philly hasn’t looked right all year and their defense is god awful if you can block up their d line. 

As far as Ben Johnson goes, I’m on board with it. Dude could’ve had any job he wanted last year too and he’s done well this year too. Would he leave for a chance to coach josh Allen? That’s the big question. Not even a question though as we are stuck with McDermott. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

This is fun

ha ha. I am on the road a lot with my job, and sometimes I listen to 98.5 and 103.7- the two Boston sports radio shows.  Ive called in both stations several times trashing Mac Jones.  98.5 blocks my number LOL.  103.7 I called, I had the call screener hysterically laughing, he put me on air right away.  My rant was "I keep hearing Mac is so tough, Mac is so smart.  Well Mac had the worst tackle attempt on Chandler Jones since Garo Yepremian.  He rolled his ankle, and it looked like he was in Saving Private Ryan.  I have a 4 year old nephew that is tougher.  Smart?  Where the hell does this idea come from?  Mac continues to make bad decisions.  Sometimes he forgets he has a noodle arm, and he thinks hes Josh Allen, and he throws a deep out, which often ends of in a pick 6.  Not smart.  Pats have a dumb, wimpy QB with a noodle arm"  That got on Boston radio!  LOL

Edited by Pete
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

This is fun

“The human piece of garbage crap that he is…”

If McD won us 7 Superbowls, I wouldn’t care what his record would be after Allen left, or if the wins were mostly attributed to his superstar QB. If he won that many championships in Buffalo, how could any Bills fan call him the above? Patriots fans are spoiled, entitled, whiny B words.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/9/2023 at 5:34 PM, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

They have exactly 2 hard games left (at eagles and home to ravens). They are motivated to beat the eagles after last year and the ravens are getting killed by injuries. They’re going undefeated. Unless the chiefs add another elite WR, they’re winning the SB too. 

Not so fast...undefeated? Definitely...SB? That's where we come in and hand Purdy his only losses for the rest of his career

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.