Bills vs Jags Postgame thread

SCBills

5 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

he's 21 or so.  played 5 NFL games...

I understand that. 

Thanks for the great knowledge.

He’s 24 now, and the Bills spent a 1st and 4th to get him.

He’s at 17-118-6.9 ypc. 

I’ve said it in the off-season that the Bills inability to get Hines the ball was ominous for designing anything meaningful for Kincaid.

We haven’t seen one pass attempt to Kincaid longer than a check down outside of one throw in the Raiders game. 

Remember this was THE GUY according to Beane. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

And Kincaid is not all on Dorsey.

I’m not seeing athleticism out of him that would allow him to be this mismatch nightmare he was billed to be.

He’s not big enough to bully, and I’m not seeing any burst, speed, agility or snap on his routes.

Allen said he settles in zones and pockets, but I’m not seeing anything past that. 

Kincaid has the athleticism.  An unathletic, slow, not agile and weak Tight End doesn't go in the first or even drafted or even picked up on a practice squad.

Its either Dorsey or Allen with Kincaid.  Almost every catch he's had, he's been an outlet.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Kincaid has the athleticism.  An unathletic, slow, not agile and weak Tight End doesn't go in the first or even drafted or even picked up on a practice squad.

Its either Dorsey or Allen with Kincaid.  Almost every catch he's had, he's been an outlet.

Do we have a recent 40 on him, a vertical?

Where is this race horse athlete? 

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Do we have a recent 40 on him, a vertical?

Where is this race horse athlete? 

I think you're reaching here.

We haven't thrown a ball yet to Kincaid where he catches it in stride.  

Do you honestly think he just stopped working out or something after he was drafted?

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Well this is where basic understanding of math would help.

Understand that Cook running out of shotgun isn’t working, so maybe run straight ahead from under center with Harris and Murray?

The Jags had 29 minutes of possession to the Bills 15 minutes at times in this game. 

This team under Daboll and Dorsey is allergic to just lining up and running the ball. 

And I disagree with you. Davis was a complete no show again until garbage time. He kills the offense and hopefully this is the last year with him occupying that much snap count. 

It was 11-7 after 3. 

Bills punted 7+ times.  Most times with 3-4 play drives. 

They hung the defense out to dry.

Disagree about Davis.  

But agree that Dorsey abandoned the run. They need effective game planning every week for the run, and they don't do it.

And I agree about running offense from under center

It looks better to me, and I'm sure running out of it is better.

15 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Disagree about Davis.  

But agree that Dorsey abandoned the run. They need effective game planning every week for the run, and they don't do it.

And I agree about running offense from under center

It looks better to me, and I'm sure running out of it is better.

16 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think you're reaching here.

We haven't thrown a ball yet to Kincaid where he catches it in stride.  

Do you honestly think he just stopped working out or something after he was drafted?

Well come Sunday I expect more of the same.

Harris and Murray used sparingly.

Running out of shotgun, with the same delayed handoffs and draw plays on 2nd-10 for -2 yards to put us in 3rd-12. 

I think Kincaid will have his normal day at the office with 2-14 yards. He’ll catch the ball and either fall down immediately or get tackled immediately. 

It will be all Allen and Diggs again doing all the heavy lifting, and Gabe will make his usual one play in the game that keeps the flickering candle of illusion alive that he is really a #2. 

Can’t wait for Dorsey’s presser today with the media when we spend half the interview on jet lag, a quarter on Josh Allen running less, and the last quarter on Dorsey explaining that he likes to keep defenses off balance by not being too predictable with play-action. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

49 minutes ago, mannc said:

It is effectively a punt.  I don’t know how you can say it’s not.

I "get" the comparison, but it's a weak excuse.

Why are we giving up on 3rd down? Just get what you need to move the ***** chains and keep the drive alive.

These 3rd down bomb "punts" are for losers.

We gave them an INT and momentum, and they took that INT and marched right down the field for a TD.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

ugh. You should see the stats of when Josh ran playaction under center yesterday. I can’t find them now, but saw them yesterday— it was something absurd, like 5 for 5, for 180 yards and a TD.  

YES!  It seemed like every under center play-action was a huge play.  Then boom, right back into shotgun.  I just don't get it.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I "get" the comparison, but it's a weak excuse.

Why are we giving up on 3rd down? Just get what you need to move the ***** chains and keep the drive alive.

These 3rd down bomb "punts" are for losers.

We gave them an INT and momentum, and they took that INT and marched right down the field for a TD.

It's 3rd and 15 from our own 41 yard line. 

Throwing a deep 50/50 ball isn't giving up, it's playing the percentages.

It's literally the perfect spot of the field and down and distance to take a chance like that. 

I love that Josh is playing smart and still taking chances like that even though it hurts his stat line. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Was listening to Chris brown and he said Elam was benched for Ingram in the 4th?

Damn, can’t even beat out practice squad guys

To be fair to Elam, the guy hasn’t had any in-game action, and was then left on an island 1-on-1 with Ridley (and without a lot of pressure from our D-line). Just a recipe for disaster. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

It's 3rd and 15 from our own 41 yard line. 

Throwing a deep 50/50 ball isn't giving up, it's playing the percentages.

It's literally the perfect spot of the field and down and distance to take a chance like that. 

I love that Josh is playing smart and still taking chances like that even though it hurts his stat line. 

The score was 11-7. We didnt need to take big risks or make one big play.

We took that penalty on 2nd down to make it 2nd and 15 and apparently decided that was enough to give up the drive. Because on 2nd down we went deep, and then on 3rd down we went deep. The old Dorsey special. Take low percentage deep shots then punt. Or apparently, take deep shots because they are as good as punts.

Just gain your 5-7 yards on simple underneath plays and MOVE THE CHAINS.

Heck, make it 4 down territory and just get 5 yards each play.

Throwing the ball away to the other team on 3rd down isnt smart. It's an act of desperation that equates to giving up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.