Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

10 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Hamas started this war and Israel will decide when it ends. After this war is over, Palestinians need to focus on building a society that provides a better future for their children. The delusional idea of eliminating Israel must end. Muslim leaders will need to speak about peace. It’s difficult but can it be done if the people desire for a better, different future. Cambodia, Vietnam, Japan and other nations have experienced horrific wars and turned towards peace afterwards. Nationhood will never happen without peace. If they don’t do that, the dead end cycle of violence will continue. 

With or without peace a Palestinian state will not exist. At least not in our lifetime. The Israelis made that clear this week. 99 out of 120 votes was against the creation of a Palestinian state. And they refuse to give Palestinians equal rights under a one state solution. They’re gonna keep their feet firmly pressed down on the Palestinians throat. Watch the clip I provided below. 

This isn’t as one sided as you think it is. Many have gotten killed in the West Bank. You can’t justify that. They’ve been provoking the Palestinians in those areas for a while now. They want them to retaliate so they can take even more land. The West Bank is next. Wait and see. I maintained from day one Gaza is a land grab and I will be proven to be correct and then sometime in the near future the PA controlled territories are next.

This is a game of chess and the Israelis are winning. They pushed the Gazans over and over until they snapped. Only a matter of time before the Palestinians in the WB lose it too.

The dream and goal is to have a Jewish state. The Palestinians are standing in the way. Treat people like animals and eventually they become animalistic. Before the conflict people were making $1.25 per day in Gaza. How long can anyone put up with that before they go insane? 

• Agree 1

The Houthis have issued a "ban" on shipping from Israeli, US, or British flagged vessels in international waters near them.

Not sure what offensive capability they have to enforce this "ban," but I sure wish the US and UK would respond with undeniable force.

This has gone on long enough.

Freedom of shipping has been a  cornerstone of civilized commerce for centuries.

It is time to act.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, sherpa said:

The Houthis have issued a "ban" on shipping from Israeli, US, or British flagged vessels in international waters near them.

Not sure what offensive capability they have to enforce this "ban," but I sure wish the US and UK would respond with undeniable force.

This has gone on long enough.

Freedom of shipping has been a  cornerstone of civilized commerce for centuries.

It is time to act.

Oh the irony 

• Like (+1) 2

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2024/02/23/netanyahu-gaza-day-after/

JERUSALEM — Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu released a proposal early Friday for Israel’s indefinite military control of Gaza, repeating hard-line stances he has made before but still surprising the public by putting it all in writing as a concrete postwar plan.

Joe Biden Tries to Give a Massive Gift to Hamas, Israel Tells Him to Pound Sand

FTA:

Any "solution" to the war in Gaza that doesn't include the complete removal of Hamas as a governing force is not a solution. It's simply a massive gift to terrorists who will inevitably strike again, leading to yet another war and yet more death and destruction. The United States, Europe, and the dictators at the UN can either figure that out or get out of the way. 

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2024/02/25/joe-biden-gives-israel-a-new-edict-and-a-massive-gift-to-hamas-n2170542

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2024/02/25/israel-hamas-war-news-gaza-palestine/

Officials negotiating Gaza cease-fire talks have tentatively agreed to the “basic contours” of a deal, White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan said Sunday, adding that the United States hopes a final agreement can be reached “in the coming days.”

Sullivan, speaking on CNN’s “State of the Union,” declined to give specifics but urged negotiators to move swiftly on any deal, which could see ramped-up aid to Gaza and the release of some hostages still held by Hamas.

“We hope that in the coming days, we can drive to a point where there is actually a firm and final agreement on this issue,” he said. “So we are telling everyone, including the Israeli government, that it is our firm position that every effort be exercised to get to this agreement, and then we can move forward from there.”

Sullivan’s remarks came after a round of talks was held in Paris on Friday, when officials from Israel, Egypt, the United States and Qatar, which acts as an intermediary for Hamas, met to discuss a new framework for a deal. Negotiations had stalled over the past few weeks after Israeli forces pressed further into Gaza and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called Hamas’s cease-fire demands “delusional.”

But on Saturday, Netanyahu said he was convening his war cabinet to deliberate the new framework, after which they would decide whether to move forward with negotiations. It was unclear Sunday whether the government approved new talks, but reports in Israeli media, citing unnamed officials, said the cabinet responded positively to the proposal.

The next step, according to Sullivan, will include discussions by Qatar and Egypt with Hamas. “That work is underway,” he said.

13 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

I guess this has been a learning experience for Hamas. 

So he’s totally fine with the mass killings hamas did on October 7th, but is shocked by the response of Israel?

This idiot sounds like the mush brain leftists on here. Absolutely evil.

Houthis expanding attempts to disrupt commerce.

The Houthis tried to ambush an El Al airliner travelling from Thailand to Israel.

The Houthis got on an enroute air traffic control VHF frequency, pretending to be ATC, and directed the El Al flight to turn in a direction that would take them into airspace where they have some capability to attack the passenger flight.

Fortunately, the El AL cockpit crew didn't trust the transmissions, and reverted to data link, (non voice) only com with ATC.

That would have been an absolute disaster with far reaching ramifications., 

20 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Houthis expanding attempts to disrupt commerce.

The Houthis tried to ambush an El Al airliner travelling from Thailand to Israel.

The Houthis got on an enroute air traffic control VHF frequency, pretending to be ATC, and directed the El Al flight to turn in a direction that would take them into airspace where they have some capability to attack the passenger flight.

Fortunately, the El AL cockpit crew didn't trust the transmissions, and reverted to data link, (non voice) only com with ATC.

That would have been an absolute disaster with far reaching ramifications., 

Well done to whoever trained that flight crew. 

On 2/22/2024 at 11:14 AM, Justice said:

With or without peace a Palestinian state will not exist. At least not in our lifetime. The Israelis made that clear this week. 99 out of 120 votes was against the creation of a Palestinian state. And they refuse to give Palestinians equal rights under a one state solution.

I think you’re right on this. Hamas effectively killed any possibility of a state in outperform lifetime.

This isn’t as one sided as you think it is. Many have gotten killed in the West Bank. You can’t justify that. They’ve been provoking the Palestinians in those areas for a while now. They want them to retaliate so they can take even more land. The West Bank is next. Wait and see. I maintained from day one Gaza is a land grab and I will be proven to be correct and then sometime in the near future the PA controlled territories are next.

From what I’ve seen, Israel’s military operates with impunity. If Palestinians die, there is no justice. Unfortunately, I don’t see this changing either, unless the UN moves in to police. I can see Israel occupying Gaza for some time unless UN moves in. This is a job no one wants though. 

The dream and goal is to have a Jewish state. The Palestinians are standing in the way. Treat people like animals and eventually they become animalistic. Before the conflict people were making $1.25 per day in Gaza. How long can anyone put up with that before they go insane? 

The Palestinians aren’t going anywhere. In order to get a Jewish state, there needs to eventually be a Palestinian state that isn’t intent on eliminating Israel. All the foreign aid has been wasted be Hamas. Poverty by itself does not produce violence. There are plenty of poor but peaceful people in the world. 

4 hours ago, Andy1 said:

I think you’re right on this. Hamas effectively killed any possibility of a state in outperform lifetime.

From what I’ve seen, Israel’s military operates with impunity. If Palestinians die, there is no justice. Unfortunately, I don’t see this changing either, unless the UN moves in to police. I can see Israel occupying Gaza for some time unless UN moves in. This is a job no one wants though. 

The Palestinians aren’t going anywhere. In order to get a Jewish state, there needs to eventually be a Palestinian state that isn’t intent on eliminating Israel. All the foreign aid has been wasted be Hamas. Poverty by itself does not produce violence. There are plenty of poor but peaceful people in the world. 

The PA has done everything they can do appease Israel and still their civilians get murdered and bullied everyday in the WB. The PA doesn’t want to eliminate Israel. 

“Poverty by itself does not produce violence”? When you have nothing to live for you will find something to die for. It plays a major role. 

• Disagree 1

On 2/26/2024 at 7:45 AM, Andy1 said:

The Palestinians aren’t going anywhere. In order to get a Jewish state, there needs to eventually be a Palestinian state that isn’t intent on eliminating Israel. 

Don't worry, this Biden appointee to a relatively high position in the State Department is all over this.

Simply brutal testimony.

Rivalled the guy he appointed to head the FAA. The guy never made it through the confirmation hearings to a vote.

Our State Dept.

• Thank you (+1) 1

One gotta wonder if Aaron Bushnell did this to free the hostages how the response would be. I can imagine the conservatives would hail him as a brave hero and the msm would actually tell people why he did it in their headlines and the leftists would say he’s mentally ill and brainwashed. It would be the exact opposite of what we’re seeing now. I for one as a Palestinian don’t want this from Aaron. I feel for him and his family. I appreciate him trying to stop a genocide, but this isn’t the way.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

When do they hold Hamas accountable for starting this?

It is always the same.

Start a war, get your ass kicked, appeal to the world for sympathy.

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, sherpa said:

When do they hold Hamas accountable for starting this?

It is always the same.

Start a war, get your ass kicked, appeal to the world for sympathy.

"Durr, we didn't realize the response we'd get from our barbaric actions..."  ***** demons.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

Hamas and Biden both suck. 

This entire ceasefire suggestion is a case study in Biden politics.

There was nothing close to a ceasefire agreement, according to either side, but the Administration released the suggestion.

But..... We had the Michigan primary yesterday, so this ridiculous thing was thrown out there to appease.

Total political, and predictable nonsense..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 hours ago, sherpa said:

This entire ceasefire suggestion is a case study in Biden politics.

There was nothing close to a ceasefire agreement, according to either side, but the Administration released the suggestion.

But..... We had the Michigan primary yesterday, so this ridiculous thing was thrown out there to appease.

Total political, and predictable nonsense..

Bad form to quote myself, but now Biden has admitted it aint happening by Monday, which the Administration had suggested.

So grossly transparent an attempt to assuage Michigan voters.

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

WTF? 

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/29/middleeast/gaza-city-deaths-food-israel-intl

At least 104 people were killed and 760 injured in a chaotic incident where Israeli troops opened fire as hungry Palestinian civilians were gathering around food aid trucks, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health in Gaza.

CNN is unable to independently confirm these numbers.

People had swarmed around newly arrived aid trucks in the hope of getting food, when Israeli tanks and drones started shooting at the people in Haroun Al Rasheed Street in western Gaza City, in the Sheikh Ajleen area.

“Most” of the casualties were the result of aid trucks ramming people as everyone tried to escape Israeli fire, according to a local journalist in Gaza, Khadeer Al Za’anoun.

Al Za’anoun, who was at the scene and witnessed the incident, told that, though there were large crowds waiting for food to be distributed from aid trucks, the chaos and confusion which led to trampling only started once Israeli soldiers opened fire.

On 2/26/2024 at 12:20 PM, Justice said:

The PA has done everything they can do appease Israel and still their civilians get murdered and bullied everyday in the WB. The PA doesn’t want to eliminate Israel. 

“Poverty by itself does not produce violence”? When you have nothing to live for you will find something to die for. It plays a major role. 

If you replace appease with eliminate then I would agree with you. 
Your only ad trustworthy as your past allows. PA have a history of wanting to eliminate Israel and its people.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Westside said:

If you replace appease with eliminate then I would agree with you. 
Your only ad trustworthy as your past allows. PA have a history of wanting to eliminate Israel and its people.

Attaboy!!!! 

• Haha (+1) 1