Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

American military officials are trying to steer Israel away from the type of brutal, urban combat the US engaged in against insurgents during the Iraq War in an effort to keep the Israelis from getting bogged down in bloody, house-by-house fighting as they prepare for an assault on Gaza, multiple sources familiar with the matter told CNN.

In helping the Israel Defense Forces game out a number of different strategies to defeat Hamas, US military advisers on the ground in Israel are invoking lessons learned specifically from Fallujah in 2004, one of the bloodiest battles of the Iraq War.

Instead of launching a full-scale ground assault on Gaza, which could endanger hostages, civilians, and further inflame tensions in the region, US military advisers are urging Israelis to use a combination of precision airstrikes and targeted special operations raids.

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/israel-hamas-war-gaza-palestine-10-25-23/index.html

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

American military officials are trying to steer Israel away from the type of brutal, urban combat the US engaged in against insurgents during the Iraq War in an effort to keep the Israelis from getting bogged down in bloody, house-by-house fighting as they prepare for an assault on Gaza, multiple sources familiar with the matter told CNN.

In helping the Israel Defense Forces game out a number of different strategies to defeat Hamas, US military advisers on the ground in Israel are invoking lessons learned specifically from Fallujah in 2004, one of the bloodiest battles of the Iraq War.

Instead of launching a full-scale ground assault on Gaza, which could endanger hostages, civilians, and further inflame tensions in the region, US military advisers are urging Israelis to use a combination of precision airstrikes and targeted special operations raids.

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/israel-hamas-war-gaza-palestine-10-25-23/index.html

Usual CNN lacking any details.

But did have a summary of the Turkey leader giving a terrorist group, legitimacy.

“The West got together and sees Hamas as a terror organization. Israel, you may act like an organization, because the West owes you a lot. But Turkey doesn’t owe you,” Erdogan said at the Turkish parliament.

"Hamas is not a terrorist organization, but a group for liberation and of mujahideen fighting to protect their land and citizens," Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan in a speech Wednesday said,

He also announced that his trip to Israel had been canceled.

“The West got together and sees Hamas as a terror organization. Israel, you may act like an organization, because the West owes you a lot. But Turkey doesn’t owe you,” Erdogan said at the Turkish parliament.

Remember: Hamas is an Islamist organization with a military wing. The word “Hamas” is itself an acronym for “Harakat Al-Muqawama Al-Islamiyya” – Arabic for the Islamic Resistance Movement. The group, like most Palestinian factions and political parties, insists that Israel is an occupying power and that it is trying to liberate the Palestinian territories. The group has over the years claimed many attacks on Israel and has been designated as a terrorist organization by the United States, the European Union, and Israel.

Erdogan pointed out that approximately half of those killed in Israel's attacks on Gaza are children. "We say, do not kill children. Killing people, women and children—innocent people, for days on end cannot be justified, even if in response to some acts which we do not condone."

Since October 7, the Israeli military has launched relentless strikes and a complete blockade on the Palestinian enclave, killing at least 5,087 people, including 2,055 children, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health in Gaza.

The West is censoring and silencing academics, university students, and others, but Turkey's doors are fully open to "any university student or others due to their honorable position [of standing up for Palestinians]," he said.

Time to get our troops and nukes the eff out of that country.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Red he has been doing nothing but pulling us out of wars

Israel is an ally. We have to respond whenever Allys are attacked I don’t don’t want to see us put boots on the ground though.

Demented Biden and his buddies have ***** up so many things, an Iran invasion is their Hail Mary for the 2024 elections.  They also initiated the Hamas attack to draw attention away from the multitude of screw up's they've caused.  In the end, I'm OK with attacking Iran as long as nukes are used.  No need to waste time and money on a traditional war.  Gett'er done!  

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Irv said:

Demented Biden and his buddies have ***** up so many things, an Iran invasion is their Hail Mary for the 2024 elections.  They also initiated the Hamas attack to draw attention away from the multitude of screw up's they've caused.  In the end, I'm OK with attacking Iran as long as nukes are used.  No need to waste time and money on a traditional war.  Gett'er done!  

image.png.741093708764f276b0894b656beec739.png

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You came up with them? 

Ya. That's part of your job.

We don't sit around and make up goofy call signs.

We specifically came up with the strike plans to eliminate Bandar Abbas and  Chahbahr air bases.

Kind of silly, but as always, we take out the air defenses before the strike package arrives and both were protected by US Hawk (precursor to Patriot) sam batteries. Since Iran had been an ally, nobody knew exactly where they on the bases.

Prior to repositioning satellites to get imagery, which takes time, they found one of the Raytheon guys  who helped install them. Next day we get this hand drawn, by memory, diagram of where he thought they were. It was literally drawn in pencil on notebook paper.

Anyway, we came up with the strike plans which include number and type of aircraft and weapons loadouts.

Once we got there and started doing our normal ops, I got the first intercept of an Iranian airplane.

got launched and was directed to the strike control frequency and told that our E2, the carrier early warning airplane had picked up an Iranian P3 headed towards us about 200 miles away. Got data linked up with the E2 who sent the intercept data to my heads up display and intercepted him at 100 miles. He never saw me until I joined on him and showed him my two Sidewinder missiles. 

Strike told me if he got within 25 miles I was going to get authorization to shoot him. I told them the Sidewinders were both good and if they gave me authorization there wasn't going to be any asking for verification; the missiles were coming off the rails. Anyway, he got within ten miles of Kitty Hawk and still no  authorization, and he turned away.

Would have made for quite a memory. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

Ya. That's part of your job.

We don't sit around and make up goofy call signs.

We specifically came up with the strike plans to eliminate Bandar Abbas and  Chahbahr air bases.

Kind of silly, but as always, we take out the air defenses before the strike package arrives and both were protected by US Hawk (precursor to Patriot) sam batteries. Since Iran had been an ally, nobody knew exactly where they on the bases.

Prior to repositioning satellites to get imagery, which takes time, they found one of the Raytheon guys  who helped install them. Next day we get this hand drawn, by memory, diagram of where he thought they were. It was literally drawn in pencil on notebook paper.

Anyway, we came up with the strike plans which include number and type of aircraft and weapons loadouts.

Once we got there and started doing our normal ops, I got the first intercept of an Iranian airplane.

got launched and was directed to the strike control frequency and told that our E2, the carrier early warning airplane had picked up an Iranian P3 headed towards us about 200 miles away. Got data linked up with the E2 who sent the intercept data to my heads up display and intercepted him at 100 miles. He never saw me until I joined on him and showed him my two Sidewinder missiles. 

Strike told me if he got within 25 miles I was going to get authorization to shoot him. I told them the Sidewinders were both good and if they gave me authorization there wasn't going to be any asking for verification; the missiles were coming off the rails. Anyway, he got within ten miles of Kitty Hawk and still no  authorization, and he turned away.

Would have made for quite a memory. 

ok 

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

We have the same cowards here in the US - so glad Trump paved the way for these Nazis:

hate-in-the-shineshine-state-1280-primar

Orlando-Nazi-march-.jpg?resize=1584,832

Screenshot-2023-08-15-at-9.23.51-PM-copy

All this nazi scum hate....someone must have really messed them up in childhood.  Was in the boonies fishing this weekend and there was a posted sign that said "Crazy B word lives here with dogs and automatic weapons"  "come here at night and you'll be here in the morning"..  So much hate and anger.  The state marks public land on trees about 10 ft outside the stream  we fished there.  were hoping to see a blonde in daisy dukes but nothin....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

All this nazi scum hate....someone must have really messed them up in childhood.  Was in the boonies fishing this weekend and there was a posted sign that said "Crazy B word lives here with dogs and automatic weapons"  "come here at night and you'll be here in the morning"..  So much hate and anger.  The state marks public land on trees about 10 ft outside the stream  we fished there.  were hoping to see a blonde in daisy dukes but nothin....

Its really sad.

Also sad that you don’t hear Trump or DeSaster denouncing this 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

We have the same cowards here in the US - so glad Trump paved the way for these Nazis:

hate-in-the-shineshine-state-1280-primar

Orlando-Nazi-march-.jpg?resize=1584,832

Screenshot-2023-08-15-at-9.23.51-PM-copy

Lol. Cowards for not revealing their identity? Lol. Oh that’s hilarious. Hamas is trash but come on now with that dumb s*^t. These people can kill him with a drone and he’s supposed to reveal himself? Ok…..Season 9 Ok GIF by The Office

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Justice said:

Lol. Cowards for not revealing their identity? Lol. Oh that’s hilarious. Hamas is trash but come on now with that dumb s*^t. These people can kill him with a drone and he’s supposed to reveal himself? Ok…..Season 9 Ok GIF by The Office

neither brave nor smart nor "patriots". jus angry and resentful.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

On 10/13/2023 at 7:13 AM, Justice said:

Allow me to begin by saying Hamas is evil. They’re barbaric and despicable. What they’ve done is inexcusable. Occupied or not you don’t do these things to innocent people or any people for that matter. 

Having said that I can’t but help but to think this was all planned by both Hamas and Israel. They’re together in this. 

Are we just gonna pretend like Netanyahu wasn’t funding Hamas? And we’re gonna act like it’s ok that Netanyahu lied about being warned about an incoming attack? And that 1,000 to 2,000 terrorist militants freely got passed one of the most secured borders in the world with little to no opposition for up to 6 hours in some areas? So much so that Hamas knew they had time to rape and pillage? We’re supposed to believe the iron dome system suddenly failed to the extent that it did on the 6th? On the 50th anniversary of the Yom Kippur war? We’re supposed to believe all that? That’s a whole lot of leeway to be giving someone. 

And now there’s this…

‘Israeli intelligence the night before the Hamas attack picked up signs of irregular activity among Hamas operatives in Gaza but top IDF and Shin Bet leaders decided not to put military forces on the borders of the enclave on high alert’

1 hour ago, Irv said:

Demented Biden and his buddies have ***** up so many things, an Iran invasion is their Hail Mary for the 2024 elections.  They also initiated the Hamas attack to draw attention away from the multitude of screw up's they've caused.  

A rare moment of agreement between Irv and Justice: it's all a conspiracy! Biden was behind it to improve his electoral chances. No! Israel was behind it to have an excuse to invade Gaza!

The horseshoe theory of politics. The far right and far left are merging.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Agree 2

46 minutes ago, Justice said:

The POS is captured - right? 

Hopefully 6 ft under by now.

31 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

A rare moment of agreement between Irv and Justice: it's all a conspiracy! Biden was behind it to improve his electoral chances. No! Israel was behind it to have an excuse to invade Gaza!

The horseshoe theory of politics. The far right and far left are merging.

Nah it’s better to believe iron dome and border security forces took the day off. I’m not left nor right. You probably think building 7 collapsed from office fires and debris too, huh? Lol. 

16 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Israel will refuse to give visas to UN officials, says Erdan
SKY News ^ | October 25, 2023

Israel will not give UN officials visas to enter the country, its foreign minister has said as a row over comments made by the group's secretary general intensifies.

Israeli officials have been outraged over Antonio Guterres's remark that the deadly Hamas attack on southern Israel "did not happen in a vacuum".

Israel's envoy to the UN Gilad Erdan called for Mr Guterres' resignation, saying Israel must rethink its relations with the world body.

Now, he has told Israeli media that UN officials will not be granted visas to enter the country.

"We will refuse to grant visas to UN representatives. We have already refused to give one to under-secretary-general for humanitarian affairs Martin Griffiths," he told Army Radio, accusing Mr Guterres of justifying a slaughter.

"It's time to teach them a lesson."

Israel historically has had tense relations with the UN, accusing it of being biased against it.

(Excerpt) Read more at news.sky.com ...https://news.sky.com/story/israel-hamas-war-live-updates-gaza-latest-sky-news-blog-12978800

They love “teaching lessons”. 

5 minutes ago, Justice said:

You probably think building 7 collapsed from office fires and debris too, huh? Lol. 

I had to look that one up. I was blissfully unaware that there's a crackpot conspiracy theory about that too.

Yes, I do believe it collapsed from fires and the almost unimaginably intense heat and repercussions of the fall of the larger towers. 

https://www.nist.gov/pao/questions-and-answers-about-nist-wtc-7-investigation

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I was watching a TikTok live last night. The Palestinian supporters were all cordial, respectful and kept a nice tone of voice. The Israelis supporters on the other hand were name calling bullies. They would talk over others and have evil grins on their face when discussing the attack on Gaza. 

I heard things like “from small to big there are no innocents, wipe them off the planet, we’re taking Gaza back, there is no Palestine” and much more. 

The Palestinian supporters never came

close to saying such despicable things. The point I’m trying to make here is these people on that TikTok are no different than Hamas supporters. People condemn Hamas for their charter but these people are saying the exact same things. Why the hypocrisy in dealing with both sides? 

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I had to look that one up. I was blissfully unaware that there's a crackpot conspiracy theory about that too.

Yes, I do believe it collapsed from fires and the almost unimaginably intense heat and repercussions of the fall of the larger towers. 

https://www.nist.gov/pao/questions-and-answers-about-nist-wtc-7-investigation

Lol Hilarious how anyone can believe this. Even when the owner of the building said and I quote “we had to pull the building”. Pull it! A demolition term! You can’t make this s^*t up!