Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

Hamas released its own statement in which it praised the efforts of Russia's President Vladimir Putin and foreign ministry to end what it called "the crimes of Israel that are supported by the West", according to Russia's RIA news agency.

https://www.reuters.com/world/hamas-delegation-is-visiting-moscow-russian-foreign-ministry-2023-10-26/

Just now, Tiberius said:

Not an isolationist 

There's a lot distance between being an isolationist on one extreme and avoiding involvement in everything and being a globalist on the other other extreme and getting involved in everything. 

My thinking is the most reasonable approach is to pick and choose when to defer involvement and when to engage based on our strategic interests.  I expect that's where most people differ.  Defining what our strategic interests are and are not.    

Just now, All_Pro_Bills said:

There's a lot distance between being an isolationist on one extreme and avoiding involvement in everything and being a globalist on the other other extreme and getting involved in everything. 

My thinking is the most reasonable approach is to pick and choose when to defer involvement and when to engage based on our strategic interests.  I expect that's where most people differ.  Defining what our strategic interests are and are not.    

Can't argue with that 

It's Hamas, so who knows. But bombs are falling and the hostages are there. 

Hamas's armed wing said Thursday that "almost 50" Israeli hostages held in the Gaza Strip since the October 7 attacks have been killed in Israeli bombing raids on the Palestinian territory.

"(Ezzedine) Al-Qassam Brigades estimates that the number of Zionist prisoners who were killed in the Gaza Strip as a result of Zionist strikes and massacres has reached almost 50," the group said in a statement issued on its Telegram channel.

https://www.barrons.com/news/hamas-armed-wing-says-almost-50-israeli-hostages-killed-since-bombardment-began-25a01c40

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Can't argue with that 

IHamas's armed wing said Thursday that "almost 50" Israeli hostages held in the Gaza Strip since the October 7 attacks have been killed in Israeli bombing raids on the Palestinian territory.

So far today you have provided links which quote some unknown clown claiming the US Army Delta Force is going to assist in an Israeli nerve gas/chemical warfare contamination of Gaza tunnels, and some unknow from the Hamas military wing reporting dead hostages.

Anybody who pays any attention to those claims is a lunatic.

Why do you bring this stuff here?

Do you think it has any value whatsoever?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, sherpa said:

So far today you have provided links which quote some unknown clown claiming the US Army Delta Force is going to assist in an Israeli nerve gas/chemical warfare contamination of Gaza tunnels, and some unknow from the Hamas military wing reporting dead hostages.

That's what their "news" sources tell them and they're powerless to think for themselves, so...

Edited by Doc
  • Agree 1

It's not a great sign when categorize an entire people as animals.

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Wouldn't surprise me, but this source seems sketchy 

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/israel-palestine-war-exclusive-israel-will-flood-hamas-tunnels-nerve-gas-under-delta-force-supervisionPalestinian resistance groups expect Israel to flood Hamas tunnels with nerve gas and chemical weapons under the surveillance of US Delta Force commandos as part of a surprise attack on the Gaza Strip, a senior Arab source familiar with the groups told Middle East Eye.

Israel and the US hope to achieve the element of surprise in order to penetrate Hamas tunnels, rescue an estimated 220 hostages, and kill thousands of soldiers belonging to Hamas’s al-Qassam Brigades, the source said in a statement, noting that the information comes from a leak originating in the US.

I find it highly unlikely that they're going use any kind of nerve gas or chemical weapons where they think the hostages are.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, sherpa said:

And I posted my doubts, let the reader decide. The way it's suppose to be done.

Not sure why you ass is on fire over it. Do you call B-man out over garbage he posts? Nope. Why? That will be a standing question for you 

• Eyeroll 1

My ass will never be on fire over anything here, especially the lunes you link to, or any nonsense that you post regarding someone's patriotism or character. Too stupid to consider.

Regarding your "standing question," there is a great deal of stuff posted that I never read, especially tweets. 

I nearly never read them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, sherpa said:

My ass will never be on fire over anything here, especially the lunes you link to, or any nonsense that you post regarding someone's patriotism or character. Too stupid to consider.

Regarding your "standing question," there is a great deal of stuff posted that I never read, especially tweets. 

I nearly never read them.

Butt hurt!!! 

• Eyeroll 1

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Butt hurt!!! 

Not a chance.

By the way, you post that phrase a lot, aimed at a lot of people.

Realize how silly it is?

You have zero chance to ever bring about any emotion from me, other than laughter and disdain. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Not a chance.

By the way, you post that phrase a lot, aimed at a lot of people.

Realize how silly it is?

You have zero chance to ever bring about any emotion from me, other than laughter and disdain. 

No, you are butt hurt. It shows 

2 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Hamas are animals.  terrorist. not the freedom fighters the left is trying to portray them as.

re listen, cause that's why he was calling animals.

Apparently you didn't listen he didn't say Hamas he said Palestinians.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Before and after satellite images of Gaza. Crazy destruction 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/25/middleeast/satellite-images-gaza-destruction/index.html

Israel has been at war with Hamas since October 7, after the Palestinian militant group launched surprise cross-border raids from Gaza.

In response, Israel has been launching airstrikes on Gaza, and there are fears the crisis could escalate further.

fist off its interesting how they are calling that mass casualty terrorist attack, a cross boarder raid.

Second its pretty easy to see they took wide angle on the first views, tight on the second.

the last one doesn't look like the same area.

6 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Israel has been at war with Hamas since October 7, after the Palestinian militant group launched surprise cross-border raids from Gaza.

In response, Israel has been launching airstrikes on Gaza, and there are fears the crisis could escalate further.

fist off its interesting how they are calling that mass casualty terrorist attack, a cross boarder raid.

Second its pretty easy to see they took wide angle on the first views, tight on the second.

the last one doesn't look like the same area.

It's also pretty easy to see where there were buildings there's piles of rubble now. I don't even know why you're coming up with reasons for the picture, Israel not exactly pretending like they are not dropping a ***** ton of bombs on Gaza. What do you think happens when they do that? Something has to be blown up, they're not just dropping them on the same crater over and over again.

13 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It's also pretty easy to see where there were buildings there's piles of rubble now. I don't even know why you're coming up with reasons for the picture, Israel not exactly pretending like they are not dropping a ***** ton of bombs on Gaza. What do you think happens when they do that? Something has to be blown up, they're not just dropping them on the same crater over and over again.

hopefully they are guided and precision and mostly targeted Hamas leadership and facilities.  

and would explain why they zoomed in on the after pics.   if they showed the same zoom, or picture would end this speculation.

Should Israel not be allowed to attack the terrorist group that stuck them and keeps attacking?  

And it would be foolish to just accept the Palestinian governments (HAMAS) numbers at this point. 

Edited by Tommy Callahan
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

hopefully they are guided and precision and mostly targeted Hamas leadership and facilities.  

and would explain why they zoomed in on the after pics.   if they showed the same zoom, or picture would end this speculation.

Should Israel not be allowed to attack the terrorist group that stuck them and keeps attacking?  

And it would be foolish to just accept the Palestinian governments (HAMAS) numbers at this point. 

Do you find it odd the Israelis give warnings before they bomb their targets? I mean the point is to wipe out Hamas, correct? Don’t they (Hamas) get the warning and evacuate as well? And if they do what’s the point of bombing that target anyways?

Anybody? 

• Agree 1