Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

6 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Sherpa would definitely know this story if my wild hunch its correct.  I won't dox u.  Is it a true story?

You can forget about this crazy theory.

The reason I am familiar with this stuff is because I was a Naval Aviator.

I completed two carrier cruises. After that, you do your "shore duty."

In my case I got selected for the Pacific Fleet Adversary Squadron. That is the best flying job in the Navy because you usually have to do that shore duty tour as an instructor of some sort either training student pilots or recently winged aviators in their assigned carrier aircraft. Back seat stuff.

In the Adversaries you fight seasoned aviators from the Navy, Air Force and a number of other countries. It is full speed bad ass fun all the time.

Went to Topgun and got designated an Adversary Instructor, which allows you to run these things and brief/debrief them.

You also serve as enemy air in a host of complex exercises.

In addition to that, while in the Adversaries, I was also on the LAWS, (Light Attack Weapons School) staff, and I was responsible for training experienced carrier pilots on the AIM  Sidewinder missile and Soviet air to air missiles and SAMS, as well as fighting them in the exercises they plan and fly. 

You learn a lot and get very familiar with strike planning,  Navy Fleet air defense, Air Force doctrine, and the tactics and capabilities of foreign  air forces.

Doing the airline career, and commuting from here to NY, Chicago and Miami for years, you spend a lot of time with copilots who flew in the two Gulf Wars, are still in the reserves, and ride in the jumpseats all the time, which allows you to stay up to speed on what is going on. 

I have many friends who stayed in, two made it to extremely senior positions. Both were Commanders of the US Pacific Fleet and eventually all military forces in the Pacific. One of them ran the entire Naval Air forces during the second Gulf war and who probably would have been appointed Chairman of the Joint Chiefs if Obama wasn't elected. Name available on request.

Still have many friends who were involved in the F-35 program, some interesting stories there, but I have to admit that since retirement, I have lost contact with guys who fly the thing and because it is such a revolutionary platform in many ways, I don't know how they are tactically deploying it. It has a lot of advanced capability.

Anyway, not from Lewiston.

South Buffalo/West Seneca Courier Express paper boy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I wonder how long the water and electricity will be off in Gaza. I get Israel has a right to defend itself just wish the USA was standing behind this siege of civilians 

9-11 was a blow back event, I suppose (hope not) we will see a rise in some sort of violence as a result of this. 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

I wonder how long the water and electricity will be off in Gaza. I get Israel has a right to defend itself just wish the USA was standing behind this siege of civilians 

9-11 was a blow back event, I suppose (hope not) we will see a rise in some sort of violence as a result of this. 

Interesting you mention water as the terrorist Hamas used the water pipes to make missiles. 

How you think they can keep lobbing them every day. 

3 hours ago, sherpa said:

You can forget about this crazy theory.

The reason I am familiar with this stuff is because I was a Naval Aviator.

I completed two carrier cruises. After that, you do your "shore duty."

In my case I got selected for the Pacific Fleet Adversary Squadron. That is the best flying job in the Navy because you usually have to do that shore duty tour as an instructor of some sort either training student pilots or recently winged aviators in their assigned carrier aircraft. Back seat stuff.

In the Adversaries you fight seasoned aviators from the Navy, Air Force and a number of other countries. It is full speed bad ass fun all the time.

Went to Topgun and got designated an Adversary Instructor, which allows you to run these things and brief/debrief them.

You also serve as enemy air in a host of complex exercises.

In addition to that, while in the Adversaries, I was also on the LAWS, (Light Attack Weapons School) staff, and I was responsible for training experienced carrier pilots on the AIM  Sidewinder missile and Soviet air to air missiles and SAMS, as well as fighting them in the exercises they plan and fly. 

You learn a lot and get very familiar with strike planning,  Navy Fleet air defense, Air Force doctrine, and the tactics and capabilities of foreign  air forces.

Doing the airline career, and commuting from here to NY, Chicago and Miami for years, you spend a lot of time with copilots who flew in the two Gulf Wars, are still in the reserves, and ride in the jumpseats all the time, which allows you to stay up to speed on what is going on. 

I have many friends who stayed in, two made it to extremely senior positions. Both were Commanders of the US Pacific Fleet and eventually all military forces in the Pacific. One of them ran the entire Naval Air forces during the second Gulf war and who probably would have been appointed Chairman of the Joint Chiefs if Obama wasn't elected. Name available on request.

Still have many friends who were involved in the F-35 program, some interesting stories there, but I have to admit that since retirement, I have lost contact with guys who fly the thing and because it is such a revolutionary platform in many ways, I don't know how they are tactically deploying it. It has a lot of advanced capability.

Anyway, not from Lewiston.

South Buffalo/West Seneca Courier Express paper boy.

Damn impressive.  I guess I'll need to find Tony thru a search.  Wait, I did.  and his brother.  Remember that series "Rich man, poor man"?  life imitates art....might not matter.  Nukes don't discriminate.

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

they've written them off.  Cost of war.  Not gonna play well for Bibi.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

5 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Damn impressive.  I guess I'll need to find Tony thru a search.  Wait, I did.  and his brother.  Remember that series "Rich man, poor man"?  life imitates art....might not matter.  Nukes don't discriminate.

they've written them off.  Cost of war.  Not gonna play well for Bibi.

The Governmnet is embarrassed by the attack and is lashing out. The families are not going anywhere, though. 

Will Hamas be destroyed a month from now? A year from now? Or will it be like chasing prostitutes off one corner to another, and then back again? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The Governmnet is embarrassed by the attack and is lashing out. The families are not going anywhere, though. 

Will Hamas be destroyed a month from now? A year from now? Or will it be like chasing prostitutes off one corner to another, and then back again? 

it's an honest profession at least.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Interesting you mention water as the terrorist Hamas used the water pipes to make missiles. 

How you think they can keep lobbing them every day. 

This is the new WMDs being made in the back of moving trucks in Iraq 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

and which ones were the bombs actually hitting? Feels like they were probably fairly safe in the tunnel system while Israel was knocking over buildings.

Interesting idea to first knock out the internet in an area then send a warning message online in a foreign language.

• Agree 1

How it doesn't cost him his ***** job I don't know. Whether you think the Israeli government's actions over the years have had a serious level of responsibility for the situation that they've found themselves in with regards to Palestine or not, it's impossible not to lay the blame for the massive failure to protect Israel from the attack on October 7 squarely at his feet.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/27/2023 at 10:33 PM, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I love stories, This guys brother got canned from the Army for throwing his commanding officer out of a tree stand during training.  same guy who was a toy soldier from the 1800's at Ft Niagara and said over the PA "Please proceed to the N Beach area where there will be a D day re enactment".  True story....moxey but dumb.  Sherpa would definitely know this story if my wild hunch its correct.  I won't dox u.  Is it a true story?

Dude, wtf is up w your continuing, almost snide fascination re "The Admiral" and his brother?

Both brothers served their country with honor and distinction. The latter was Army SoF, deployed w KFOR, etc., then moved on to civilian life. And you know exactly the circumstances re the "tree story"...how?

The former, call sign "Ghandi," was F-14 pilot and RIO, Black Knights squadron CO on the Carl Vinson (for @sherpa SA), flew hundreds of combat missions during OIF, OEF, other.

Had many other, "no kidding" commands. Turned down a possible VADM slot, and retired an O-8. Also held very high profile assignments as a civilian.

Is that enough gouge for you to drop the repeated references?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Dukestreetking said:

Dude, wtf is up w your continuing, almost snide fascination re "The Admiral" and his brother?

Both brothers served their country with honor and distinction. The latter was Army SoF, deployed w KFOR, etc., then moved on to civilian life. And you know exactly the circumstances re the "tree story"...how?

The former, call sign "Ghandi," was F-14 pilot and RIO, Black Knights squadron CO on the Carl Vinson (for @sherpa SA), flew hundreds of combat missions during OIF, OEF, other.

Had many other, "no kidding" commands. Turned down a possible VADM slot, and retired an O-8. Also held very high profile assignments as a civilian.

Is that enough gouge for you to drop the repeated references?

lighten up Francis.  I thought if it were actually him he'd find it funny.  And his brother too.  They would have laughed when I knew them.  Didn't see either at a recent informal reunion. No one there had seen him in years.  I'm happy to hear of his accomplishments.  Your update makes me proud and thankful of them.  And I'd tell them.  The tree story was directly relayed to me by the older brother shortly after it occurred. I heard the fort Niagara story from the source as well.  I should have added he stated "please provide your own flotation devices" for the D day re enactment.  He had a sense of humor. He was a good friend.  Their dad wrote me a letter of rec for a Naval med school scholarship.  Been to each others childhood houses many times. Finally, the history you provided makes my speculation about Tony being Sherpa almost reasonable....one last thought:  you seem to know Lewiston.  So you know it's generally (or was) establishment R's.  So was I but I changed.  So have the R's.

• Eyeroll 1