Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

Hey... I may be all for Israel running roughshod over Gaza if in the end they rebuild it.  ...If they are gonna go the "chemo" route with the Hamas conundrum. 

Who wouldn't be for a "Marshall Plan" for Palestine?

And Israel pays for it.

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

Sorry but will need proof of this. 

You won't get it..  Because it's buried. Who controls the media?

11 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Very good work. Kudos to you. I’m not in the habit of fact checking twitter. 

Seems a little contradictory when you just used it to tell people to not believe reports at face value.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Hey... I may be all for Israel running roughshod over Gaza if in the end they rebuild it.  ...If they are gonna go the "chemo" route with the Hamas conundrum. 

Who wouldn't be for a "Marshall Plan" for Palestine?

And Israel pays for it.

You won't get it..  Because it's buried. Who controls the media?

In this case it's CNN sourcing Hamas.  Neither have integrity 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Crazy stuff 

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/israel-hamas-war-gaza-news-10-30-23#h_76166b7d40c52307181d55ebbcb44e45

47 min ago

Hamas releases new hostage video showing 3 women 

From CNN’s Eyad Kourdi, Lianne Kolirin, Amir Tal, Hadas Gold, Adam Levine, Stephanie Halasz and Richard Allen Greene 

Hamas on Monday released a short video showing three women who are believed to be captives held by the Palestinian militant group since its terror attack on Israel on October 7.

The hostage video is only the second released by Hamas since more than 200 people were taken into Gaza. It appears as intended to undermine Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu with pointed criticism over his leadership by the detained women.

The video shows them seated in plastic chairs facing the camera, while the woman in the middle addresses Netanyahu directly with increasing fury. 

She makes reference to a press conference by families of the hostages “yesterday,” suggesting it was filmed on Monday.

The video comes just days after progress in hostage negotiations fell through, a fact referenced by the speaker who mentions a supposed “ceasefire.” Israeli leaders Friday dismissed talks of a breakthrough in talks as a rumor as they announced an expansion of the ground campaign.

The woman speaks fluently and does not appear to be reading from a script, but because the women are hostages, the statement could have been made under duress. 

“You promised to release us all,” she says, suggesting she is aware of hostage negotiations. She finishes with a demand to “free us all,” screaming: “Now! Now! Now!”

Relatives of the hostages have named the women as Elena Trupanov, Danielle Alony and Ramon Kirsht. Aloni is the speaker. 

The women do not show visible signs of physical mistreatment, but CNN is unable to verify anything about their circumstances or well-being. 

Netanyahu’s office confirmed the names in a brief statement, addressing the women, "who were kidnapped by Hamas who commits war crimes."

"I hug you. Our hearts go out to you and the other abductees. We are doing everything to bring all the kidnapped and missing people home," the office statement read.

Israeli television channels 11 and 12 are showing a still from the video on air. Channel 13 is not, saying on air it is honoring a request from the relatives.

What a great step forward toward peace it would be if these three women were released immediately, unconditionally, along with the 190+ hostages taken during the massacre on 10/7. 

Kudos though to CNN for acknowledging these three women might possibly be under duress after witnessing the atrocities on 10/7, and being taken hostage by people sworn to annihilate people like them, and being held against their will for 4 weeks. 

26 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

And he was right, wasn't he.

To not just take reports at face value and do some fact checking, yeah absolutely, that specific tweet not so much that appears to be a staged protest from years ago in a different country.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

🤔

It wasn't even hard, like less than 30 seconds.

Good catch.  But why (should anyone feel) the need to defend Hamas?  And what is not being helped?  They lied about Israel firing a missile at a hospital that killed 500, when the truth is that they fired it, it hit the hospital's parking lot and killed 50 people.  The harm from that lie did real damage versus the tweet above which did no damage at all.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Well, while the bombs are falling, it will be hard to verify 

But you drop bombs into a crowded civilians area, you would conclude people die 

Like the 500 killed at the hospital by an Israeli bomb?  I don't believe anything they say.  Do you?

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Doc said:

Good catch.  But why the need to defend Hamas and what's not being helped?  They lied about Israel firing a missile at a hospital that killed 500, when the truth is that they fired it, it hit the hospital's parking lot and killed 50 people.  The harm from that lie did real damage versus the tweet above which did no damage at all.

I feel no need to defend Hamas, as to the Hospital explosion, I have no idea which side caused that. Israel says they didn't do it, this is of course after they already took credit for it originally, they also put out fake videos and a fake audio conversation. Hamas or someone put out fakes going the other way as well. So who the hell knows, it's not like an independent observer was allowed to go in and investigate.

What I do know is that this does seem to be going on.

Israel seems to be just bombing the ever loving ***** out of Gaza, and I'm not sure how actually effective that is against Hamas. From everything people have been saying here Hamas is dug in like a tick in all those tunnels, seems like they'd ride out the bombings fairly well. So who is actually the target of this, what's the plan? So far it feels like it killed a bunch of civilians and is making life worse for them, just driving up recruitment for Hamas like Israel's their best supporter.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I feel no need to defend Hamas, as to the Hospital explosion, I have no idea which side caused that. Israel says they didn't do it, this is of course after they already took credit for it originally, they also put out fake videos and a fake audio conversation. Hamas or someone put out fakes going the other way as well. So who the hell knows, it's not like an independent observer was allowed to go in and investigate.

What I do know is that this does seem to be going on.

Israel seems to be just bombing the ever loving ***** out of Gaza, and I'm not sure how actually effective that is against Hamas. From everything people have been saying here Hamas is dug in like a tick in all those tunnels, seems like they'd ride out the bombings fairly well. So who is actually the target of this, what's the plan? So far it feels like it killed a bunch of civilians and is making life worse for them, just driving up recruitment for Hamas like Israel's their best supporter.

Why would you believe a single thing from a group of subhumans who killed children and babies by beheading them and/or lighting them on fire, sometimes in front of their parents?  Much less offer a defense like "fake videos and audio"?  It's truly amazing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

In his first act, Speaker Mike Johnson uses Israel aid to pick a fight with Joe Biden

"In his first major move, Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., is using the bipartisan goal of providing aid to Israel to pick a fight with President Joe Biden over his signature achievement.

A new bill released Monday by House Republicans includes $14.3 billion in emergency funding for Israel, paid for by rescinding the same amount of IRS funding from the Inflation Reduction Act, a major climate, health care and tax law signed by Biden last year."

Considering that the increased funding to the IRS will actually more than pay for itself (estimated at 2.5x revenues vs. cost), this plan would actually end up increasing the deficit by more than the $14.3 billion. It would literally be cheaper to just spend the money without cutting the IRS funds and adding the $14.3 billion to the existing deficit. 

Which just underscores that they really, really, really don't wan the IRS to look at rich people. Keep it starved so it can only audit regular Americans while letting the elites and wealthy off the hook.

Kinda gross that he wants to start a political battle to increase the deficit, help the wealthiest Americans at the expense of the rest, and hold that over Israel's head.

• Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 10/29/2023 at 2:32 PM, BillStime said:

Erase Hamas 

Erase Putin

Explain to me how you’re different than them with that kind of rhetoric  

On 10/29/2023 at 8:10 PM, Warcodered said:

‘the only democracy in the region’ 

11 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You ask really silly questions. 

Sanders spoke for 6+ minutes and offered platitudes and nothing else.  My point originally, which you chose to ignore, was that instead of yammering on about deaths "per capita" (what a creepy thing to say), was simply that the time to release hostages was immediately after they were taken.   This old fool spent more time saying nothing about something than you often do--and you're very good at that. 

He couldn't bring himself to demand an immediate and unconditional release of all the hostages by Hamas.   No, instead he lectured Israel about the hazard of being enraged about their innocent men, women and children being butchered. 

https://nypost.com/2023/10/30/news/shani-louk-kidnapped-at-israeli-music-festival-found-dead/

I can only only assume that @Tiberius would have suggested that the allies in WW2 stand down and allow the German and Japanese peoples safe space to reflect as they pushed forward with their chosen leaders pursued a reign of terror across the globe. 

it’s called compassion for human life. There never should have been hostages in the first place and I’m sure Bernie wants them released as much as anyone. He’s a wonderful man. 

5 hours ago, Doc said:

Why would you believe a single thing from a group of subhumans who killed children and babies by beheading them and/or lighting them on fire, sometimes in front of their parents?  Much less offer a defense like "fake videos and audio"?  It's truly amazing.

And you’re not ready to hear the IDF killed many of their own on the 7th. You don’t want to hear that. Even if survivors from the Kibbutz tells you they did (it’s out there if you really cared)

Just now, BillStime said:

You don’t think these terrorists should be eradicated? 

I hate violence. You can’t wipe them out if you tried. You can kill off all of Hamas and another group will take their place. The root cause is the occupation. Gotta solve that first before you ‘erase’ anyone. 

• Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Justice said:

I hate violence. You can’t wipe them out if you tried. You can kill off all of Hamas and another group will take their place. The root cause is the occupation. Gotta solve that first before you ‘erase’ anyone. 

Go to the source