Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

8 hours ago, Justice said:

it’s called compassion for human life. There never should have been hostages in the first place and I’m sure Bernie wants them released as much as anyone. He’s a wonderful man. 

Sanders is an old school leftist, may/may not have once believed what he preached but now spends his days espousing grievance politics while living the life of the millionaire class he rages about.  He’s as full of cr@p as most in DC, but would have made a wonderful mid-level bureaucrat in the old Soviet Union. 

I understand compassion, but it’s a two way street.   In the end, he was standing in a safe, secure place thousands of miles from the danger zone. It took zero moral or political courage to state the obvious: “Return the hostages, now” or to speak to the rage and hatred felt by the Palestinians.  Instead, he spoke of death per capita and the need for Israel to stand down, and presumably, negotiate for the release of those taken. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Orthodox Patriarchate of Jerusalem blamed Israel Tuesday for the overnight bombing of its cultural centre in Gaza City and condemned the "direct and unjustified attack".

"This attack represents a stark embodiment of Israel's unwarranted determination to destroy the civil infrastructure and social service centres, as well as shelters for civilians trapped in the besieged enclave," the church said in a statement.

An AFP journalist saw the ruins of the Orthodox cultural centre and school in Gaza City, with smoke still rising from the rubble.

The Israeli military did not immediately comment on the strike when contacted by AFP.

https://www.barrons.com/news/orthodox-church-condemns-israel-for-bombing-its-gaza-centre-1edadd60

• Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Reports coming out that IDF killed many of their own on October 7th, shelling homes and bases that Hamas had overrun. 

https://thegrayzone.com/2023/10/27/israels-military-shelled-burning-tanks-helicopters/

From your link:

“Yet the mounting evidence of friendly fire orders handed down by Israeli army commanders strongly suggests that at least some of the most jarring images of charred Israeli corpses, Israeli homes reduced to rubble and burned out hulks of vehicles presented to Western media were, in fact, the handiwork of tank crews and helicopter pilots blanketing Israeli territory with shells, cannon fire and Hellfire missiles.”

I see some are challenging the source but the information is out there if you want it. There are interviews of survivors saying the IDF opened fire on their own people. 

Most here aren’t ready for the truth. They like to live in ignorance. It’s comfy and safe there. 

The Israelis in the kibbutz had their guns taken away near the Gaza wall. I wonder why. Link below:

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-10-20/ty-article/.premium/idf-took-away-weapons-from-gaza-border-towns-and-armed-w-bank-settlers-in-the-thousands/0000018b-4d6d-dbe0-a38b-cdfd0d4f0000

“The IDF Took Away Weapons From Gaza Border Communities in Recent Years, and Armed West Bank Settlers in the Thousands

The Israeli army believed that the chance of terrorist incursion after the erection of the border fence was 'close to nil.' They removed forces from the area, leaving local security as the last line of defense. 'As much as we banged on the table, it didn’t help,' says one local security coordinator”

So let’s see…. The Israelis took away their guns in the Kibbutz, ignored warnings from Egypt of an oncoming attack, didn’t see 2,000 to 3,000 terrorists heading for the border wall, allowed them to rape and pillage for up to 6 to 8 hours in some places unopposed and killed their own people. This all seems very off. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Justice said:

From your link:

“Yet the mounting evidence of friendly fire orders handed down by Israeli army commanders strongly suggests that at least some of the most jarring images of charred Israeli corpses, Israeli homes reduced to rubble and burned out hulks of vehicles presented to Western media were, in fact, the handiwork of tank crews and helicopter pilots blanketing Israeli territory with shells, cannon fire and Hellfire missiles.”

I see some are challenging the source but the information is out there if you want it. There are interviews of survivors saying the IDF opened fire on their own people. 

Most here aren’t ready for the truth. They like to live in ignorance. It’s comfy and safe there. 

The Israelis in the kibbutz had their guns taken away near the Gaza wall. I wonder why. Link below:

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-10-20/ty-article/.premium/idf-took-away-weapons-from-gaza-border-towns-and-armed-w-bank-settlers-in-the-thousands/0000018b-4d6d-dbe0-a38b-cdfd0d4f0000

“The IDF Took Away Weapons From Gaza Border Communities in Recent Years, and Armed West Bank Settlers in the Thousands

The Israeli army believed that the chance of terrorist incursion after the erection of the border fence was 'close to nil.' They removed forces from the area, leaving local security as the last line of defense. 'As much as we banged on the table, it didn’t help,' says one local security coordinator”

So let’s see…. The Israelis took away their guns in the Kibbutz, ignored warnings from Egypt of an oncoming attack, didn’t see 2,000 to 3,000 terrorists heading for the border wall, allowed them to rape and pillage for up to 6 to 8 hours in some places unopposed and killed their own people. This all seems very off. 

On to the next pro hamas narrative.

7 minutes ago, Justice said:

From your link:

Was Israel funding Hamas or something? 

4 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

On to the next pro hamas narrative.

Be ignorant. There are interviews out there confirming all of this from the survivors. 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Was Israel funding Hamas or something? 

Absolutely they were. 

• Eyeroll 1

Would love to hear how ceding Gaza, the West Bank or all of Israel would have changed the outcome for the over 10,000 people killed in terrorist attacks worldwide since the 80's (linked below).  Middle Eastern Islam is an intolerant religion that condones killing anyone who does not practice Islam.  No specific piece or amount of land will change this belief.

Incomplete list of Islamist terrorist attacks since the 1980's (does not include Israel). 

Incomplete list of Islamist terrorist attacks since the 1980's 

List of terrorist attacks in Israel since 1993. 

Comprehensive Listing of Terrorism Victims in Israel Since 1993

• Thank you (+1) 1

This is just terrible and sickening. I wish this war would just stop, but I get it has a life of its own, 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/israel-hamas-jews-pogroms-russia-u-s-europe-germany-anti-semitism-1a74109c

The disturbing fact of the past month is that Jews are under attack not only in Israel and not only by Hamas. The weeks since the barbaric Oct. 7 Hamas invasion of Israel have witnessed physical assaults on Jews the world over, including in the U.S. and Europe. This most modern of pogroms—global, televised, politicized—demonstrates exactly what is at stake as Israel ramps up its defensive war against Hamas in Gaza.

Americans like to believe such things couldn’t happen in the U.S. They have. The Anti-Defamation League last week reported a 388% increase in anti-Semitic incidents from Oct. 7-23 compared with the same period a year ago. The 312 incidents the ADL recorded include a car carrying individuals with Palestinian flags allegedly swerving toward a Jewish family and several alleged assaults by pro-Palestinian protesters. The ADL tally counts 109 anti-Israel rallies that featured support for Hamas or violence against Jews in Israel.

These and too many other incidents to count put paid to the notion that one can distinguish anti-Zionism from anti-Semitism since Oct. 7. If protesters wanted to burn Israeli flags in a fit of wrong-headed pique about a two-state solution, that is one thing. Only anti-Jewish hate can explain how synagogues, children and airports are targets of this outrage.

5 minutes ago, Precision said:

Would love to hear how ceding Gaza, the West Bank or all of Israel would have changed the outcome for the over 10,000 people killed in terrorist attacks worldwide since the 80's (linked below).  Middle Eastern Islam is an intolerant religion that condones killing anyone who does not practice Islam.  No specific piece or amount of land will change this belief.

Incomplete list of Islamist terrorist attacks since the 1980's (does not include Israel). 

Incomplete list of Islamist terrorist attacks since the 1980's 

List of terrorist attacks in Israel since 1993. 

Comprehensive Listing of Terrorism Victims in Israel Since 1993

I disagree. 

While I am not one to defend religion generally, I think the problem is lack of democracy. Authoritarian governments turn religion to a hateful tool to divide people. 

• Eyeroll 1

We already knew this Bibi, we saw the war in Ukraine taking place. Now its a real problem? The War of Civilization!! I get that Iseal is facing existential threats. On more than simply the batlefield. 20% of population is Palestinian and they do the work there. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-battle-of-civilization-in-gaza-israel-hamas-3236b023

Until recently, many believed that the promise of progress in the 21st century would enable us to move beyond the barbaric horrors of the past toward a brilliant future—that we could go about our comfortable lives and that evil will simply pass us.

It will not. The horrors that Hamas perpetrated on Oct. 7 remind us that we won’t realize the promise of a better future unless we, the civilized world, are willing to fight the barbarians. The barbarians are willing to fight us, and their goal is clear: Shatter that promising future, destroy all that we cherish, and usher in a world of fear and darkness.

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I disagree. 

While I am not one to defend religion generally, I think the problem is lack of democracy. Authoritarian governments turn religion to a hateful tool to divide people. 

Venezuela, Nicaragua, Cuba, Vietnam, Cambodia, China, North Korea, Belarus and Russia are generally considered authoritarian.  How many terrorists have come from those countries?

Another question I would ask is how many terrorist attacks in the last 20 years have been committed in the name of Christianity/Hinduism/Buddhism/any other religion.  I'm not saying other religions don't have blood on their hands from the past, but that there is a single religion most responsible for the current terrorist attacks around the world.