Brandon Beane sighting

BillnutinHouston

Not much here but thought I'd share this small bit of insight.

I found myself on the same plane as BB from Atlanta to Buffalo on Saturday night.  I assume he was down there to personally scout the SEC this past weekend.  I planned to say Hi and "Go Bills" as I walked past him already sitting in first class, but that wasn't happening as he had headphones on and was glued intently to his laptop (at 9:30 pm). 

Anyway, we touched down in Buf  around midnight.  I'm sure it was a quick turnaround to arrive home well after midnight, kiss the wife (maybe), not see the kids and then get up early to head to the stadium for the game.

This kind of thing isn't normally publicized, but I wanted to share this to let everyone know our team's leaders are busting their ass and leading by example behind the scenes.  If we aren't successful it isn't for lack of effort!

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 17
  • Thank you (+1) 7

3 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Bro. You have to take an advantage of those situations.  Politely tap him on his shoulder, shake his hand and go Bills. Maybe even a picture. 

yep.

A looooong time ago, at the post game All American Sports Bar, did just that. Little old man with a middle aged woman came in and sat 6 feet away.

Yes, I got Ralph C. Wilson’s autograph. Told him I was a Season Tix holder.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Bro. You have to take an advantage of those situations.  Politely tap him on his shoulder, shake his hand and go Bills. Maybe even a picture. 

I've taken advantage of some situations like that in the past, mainly in situations where perks are given to season ticket holders, like stadium tours.  Have photos with Buddy Nix, Marv, Thurman, Kelly and even McD (ran into him in the weight room at an event - he was finishing up a workout).  George Wilson played a game of pregame catch with my son before a game.  BUT, I would NOT interrupt a guy while he's working.

Also while I'm bragging, this is my son and I captured by NFL Network cameras several years ago in Hammers Lot, and lauded by Rich Eisen!

Edited by BillnutinHouston
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

If someone is busy don't bother them, I mean it kind of sucks but if they're in a position where if the roles were switched you wouldn't want someone bugging you, don't.

Greeting someone saying "Go Bills" when it seems like you are open to, sure.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Maybe even ask him to bring one of his free drinks back to you in row 26.  

;) 

• Haha (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo619 said:

Is this real or sarcasm? I’m not good at telling. 

I would find that rude. Leave him be.

A paper airplane thrown/glided from your seat to his is probably okay though.

Edited by Einstein

8 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Once in a lifetime 

Sure.

Told this story before, but my buddies were all half drunk- post game and we had driven over to see the 4:00p.m. games and get refuelled. Suddenly, the bar staff rousted everyone on one side of me… 3 feet away. In walk Ralph with his daughter to do the same thing- watch the 4 oclockers.

I thought that was way cool, since of course,he could have BOUGHT the bar! I was the only one sober enough to recognize him, so I approached his daughter for the autograph, who said: “Sure. How about halftime?”

Which I did. Showed the ticket stub here before.

Don’t know about you, but it’s not often you get to meet someone worth a 1/2 Bill $… at the time!

16 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Sure.

Told this story before, but my buddies were all half drunk- post game and we had driven over to see the 4:00p.m. games and get refuelled. Suddenly, the bar staff rousted everyone on one side of me… 3 feet away. In walk Ralph with his daughter to do the same thing- watch the 4 oclockers.

I thought that was way cool, since of course,he could have BOUGHT the bar! I was the only one sober enough to recognize him, so I approached his daughter for the autograph, who said: “Sure. How about halftime?”

Which I did. Showed the ticket stub here before.

Don’t know about you, but it’s not often you get to meet someone worth a 1/2 Bill $… at the time!

if he wasn't so cheap

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Warcodered said:

If someone is busy don't bother them, I mean it kind of sucks but if they're in a position where if the roles were switched you wouldn't want someone bugging you, don't.

Greeting someone saying "Go Bills" when it seems like you are open to, sure.

Disagree. To Bills Mafia, he’s “family”, so he should expect it. Also, it sort of “goes with the job.” Yes, he’s not a player, but again, to MANY in the Bills’ Mafia, he is no different than a player.

• Disagree 1

11 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Headed to Tempo, then a meeting with Russ Brandon and Jim McMahon on XFL-WWE merger. 

Jim McMahon or Vince McMahon? Either way, neither owns the XFL. You're talking about Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and his ex-wife Dani Garcia.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

12 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Beane is top-notch.  Glad we have him. 

In a similar situation, I would quickly tell him that I am proud of the team he has assembled.  They are good people and players with results worthy of my fandom.  I do not think this is true of many teams around the league.  Maybe that's the biggest professional compliment I could give him. 

At the time, I agreed with Bill Polian when he said in his closing press conference about the Bills teams he built, "They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."  Brandon Beane has made us wrong.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.