Ken Dorsey Love

BillsFan130

Something has changed with our offensive line. I’m not sure if it just goes hand in hand with utilizing the run more, but they have given Josh more time than I’ve ever remembered AND blocking for the run excellently.

Not sure who the OL coach is - and refuse to move from this screen to google it - but he’s seemingly doing a great job with these guys. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Something has changed with our offensive line. I’m not sure if it just goes hand in hand with utilizing the run more, but they have given Josh more time than I’ve ever remembered AND blocking for the run excellently.

Not sure who the OL coach is - and refuse to move from this screen to google it - but he’s seemingly doing a great job with these guys. 

I think Torrence and McGovern have been fantastic. Huge upgrades over Saffold and Bates.

Plus Spencer brown. Hasn’t been great, but he’s for sure taking a step from last year.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I think Torrence and McGovern have been fantastic. Huge upgrades over Saffold and Bates.

Plus Spencer brown. Hasn’t been great, but he’s for sure taking a step from last year.

Wilkins who?  Chubb who? Yea they did their job today!  Starting to really gel as a unit

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Dorsey had a GREAT game against the Raiders. A good one against Washington that continued the current  "pattern", and this was a masterclass. What also surprised me is how quickly Josh (and Diggs) adapted to this new style of offense. They both still have the huge plays but most of the calls are not designed for that. Dorsey has been better this year than Daboll has ever been. More weapons too for sure, but he now used them well, very well.

I was REALLY thrilled they signed McGovern and then Torrence. But these two allow for so much more than even I expected. Plus the playcalling makes the OLine better on its own. Everybody on here was calling for a star WR while the OLine was THE pace to shore up - and Beane delivered.

BTW McD has been crazy good as DC as well. McDaniels had great offense plays yet again, but McD prevailed. It's was not TV hype to say these two were the key matchup of the day! I'm just happy Dorsey, Josh and the Bills O reminded everyone that they are awesome too!

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Google: Beach chairs

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

His best game as a bills coach?

I have been critical of him in the past, but he pushed all the right buttons today which Josh executed to perfection 

He gets a little too carried away with 1st and 10 runs, though. Other than that, great play calling

1 minute ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Dorsey called an immaculate game and outclassed the revolutionary offensive genius himself. It’s probably the best offensive game plan I’ve seen since the Patriots Wildcard round massacre. 

Yep. It’s like he knew what Fangio was going to call.

Seemed a step ahead of him all game. 

Josh is evolving.   Taking the short stuff which has greatly increased his completion percentage.  Also YAC is way up.  Even though the turnovers are there when you look at the split from week 1 and 2-4 you see a big improvement.  Also designed runs are pretty much gone other than the td today and qb sneaks.   His rushing yards are way down but rb yards are way up.  I see. Lot of reason to be optimistic.  

1 hour ago, Fleezoid said:

Hopefully this is an evolution and not an anomaly. I think he's gaining that mad scientist personality. 

giphy.gif

It's good to see progress, when at times last year we seemed to be moving backwards as an offense. Having a potent rushing attack is opening a ton of possibilities 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Yes this. I keep saying they key to this offense is making Allen a different player. People give me the roll the eyes emoji when I said the most important part of the Bills offense moving forward is Allen playing within the system and become more Brady than Favre. 

He has done that 3 straight games hitting the 5 yard passes over and over and eventually teams switch out of it and the big plays start coming. 

When we lose it’s very rarely we get beat. It’s mostly our own self inflicted wounds that cost us games

The only team beating the Bills is the Bills.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.