Ken Dorsey Love

BillsFan130

I 100% will eat crow, I thought for sure this guy was going to be a dud after that stinker in NY. I wasn't going to write him off but I was very sceptical that he was going to turn things around not going to lie. Everything I was clamoring for it seems like we're now doing, more design plays to the TE, getting Davis more involved, run the football more. It's like night and day and I couldn't be more happier to be wrong.

3 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

He gets a little too carried away with 1st and 10 runs, though.

Not at all! Keep us in manageable distances on 2nd and 3rd downs and wear the defense down. Don't focus so much on the outcome of the individual play. Pass offense is about individual plays, run offense is about commitment over the course of the game. It keeps defenses from teeing off on their pass rush and ultimately pays off in the 4th quarter.

4 hours ago, stevestojan said:

Something has changed with our offensive line. I’m not sure if it just goes hand in hand with utilizing the run more, but they have given Josh more time than I’ve ever remembered AND blocking for the run excellently.

Not sure who the OL coach is - and refuse to move from this screen to google it - but he’s seemingly doing a great job with these guys. 

I will give you a clue - beach chairs at 5 paces.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Deserves his flowers today no doubt

I think something in Josh Allen‘s mentality is actually a big part of this. You see Josh Allen time and time again take that dump off over the last three games instead of forcing it into coverage.

It’s coming along

I really needed to see the Jets do that to Mahomes and the Chiefs tonight to feel 10000x better about week 1 and I do.  

Thus I feel much better about Dorsey and Allen being on the same page and executing the game plan.   

Mahomes looked like dog ***t tonight.

Love seeing this "boring" Josh and the methodical, surgical execution by our Offense.

Kudos to Dorsey (and likely Brady and McD) for doing the hardest part: calming down.

More so than play-calling or game-planning (which have been good), bringing the anxiety down has been the biggest improvement in this offense, imo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

I think to this point he’s been:

-Ok against the jets

-Great against the raiders

-Game plan seemed fine against WSH but I did not like his situational play calling

-Fantastic today all around

Problem with JEST game was game plan was not adjusted for Aaron Rodgers being out.

• Like (+1) 1

👍🏻 👍🏻 for Dorsey this week.  His best performance as a play caller imo.  

👎🏻 👎🏻 for fangio.  Wth was he thinking putting Kohou on Diggs the majority of the game, especially with Elliot out?  Jones is terrible and incapable of helping.  

I thought Fangio was the biggest addition in the division this offseason.  Cook me up some more crow doused in franks.  He doesn’t seem to be a fit with that roster.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

👍🏻 👍🏻 for Dorsey this week.  His best performance as a play caller imo.  

👎🏻 👎🏻 for fangio.  Wth was he thinking putting Kohou on Diggs the majority of the game, especially with Elliot out?  Jones is terrible and incapable of helping.  

I thought Fangio was the biggest addition in the division this offseason.  Cook me up some more crow doused in franks.  He doesn’t seem to be a fit with that roster.  

Ya doesn’t he traditionally run a 3-4 defence? Seems like he isn’t a good fit for the players they have

Edited by BillsFan130

15 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Ya doesn’t he traditionally run a 3-4 defence? Seems like he isn’t a good fit for the players they have

Yup.  Definitely not a good fit for their personnel.  Their inside backers aren’t very good.  Long flashes and he’s decent but Baker is a liability.  Sometimes it takes awhile for these guys to get accustomed to different schemes.  I think their d will get better as the season goes on if they don’t suffer any more injuries.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.