Ken Dorsey Love

BillsFan130

Dorsey calls a good game most weeks but it’s about getting Allen comfortable with taking what the defense gives him. We’re seeing Allen evolve. Romo said Allen calls it playing boring football.

The last 3 weeks Allen’s has made very few turnover worthy plays. I don’t think he had one today.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Dorsey calls a good game most weeks but it’s about getting Allen comfortable with taking what the defense gives him. We’re seeing Allen evolve. Romo said Allen calls it playing boring football.

True. But I still think this was his best game.

There weren’t really any head scratching calls and he seemed one step ahead of Fangio all day

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

True. But I still think this was his best game.

There weren’t really any head scratching calls and he seemed one step ahead of Fangio all day

It was a great day for Dorsey. But if Allen plays under control like that he’s unstoppable. They said in the broadcast he’s trying to look short to deep instead of deep to short. It’s hard for Allen to learn that.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The last 3 weeks Allen’s has made very few turnover worthy plays. I don’t think he had one today.

Yes this. I keep saying they key to this offense is making Allen a different player. People give me the roll the eyes emoji when I said the most important part of the Bills offense moving forward is Allen playing within the system and become more Brady than Favre. 

He has done that 3 straight games hitting the 5 yard passes over and over and eventually teams switch out of it and the big plays start coming. 

When we lose it’s very rarely we get beat. It’s mostly our own self inflicted wounds that cost us games

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Combination of calling a good game and good execution, even if he calls a good game without the other it can still look terrible.

For sure. I think he struggled last week though as there were a lot of weird calls.

But ya to your point if Josh plays like he did against the jets, he can have the perfect game plan and it wouldn’t matter 

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

Yes this. I keep saying they key to this offense is making Allen a different player. People give me the roll the eyes emoji when I said the most important part of the Bills offense moving forward is Allen playing within the system and become more Brady than Favre. 

He has done that 3 straight games hitting the 5 yard passes over and over and eventually teams switch out of it and the big plays start coming. 

When we lose it’s very rarely we get beat. It’s mostly our own self inflicted wounds that cost us games

And the scary part is when he puts it all together. Making plays with his legs and outside the pocket but also taking what the defense gives you. It’s unstoppable. We saw a glimpse of that today. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

The scheme on offense is fine but Allen playing above and beyond the structure remains the reason we are in contention for the AFC championship 

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

For sure. I think he struggled last week though as there were a lot of weird calls.

But ya to your point if Josh plays like he did against the jets, he can have the perfect game plan and it wouldn’t matter 

Yeah I didn’t particularly like the play calls last week. Some cute stuff mixed in with some some stuff we don’t really do well. Maybe it was a case of we know Washington can’t get anything going let’s try some stuff.

• Agree 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

The scheme on offense is fine but Allen playing above and beyond the structure remains the reason we are in contention for the AFC championship 

The only play he made outside of the structure of the offense today was the flick down the sideline to Cook and maybe the TD throw to Diggs those are really the only two plays you can say today that was made outside of the structure of the offense 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If boring is beating a quality team 48-20 then consider me bored to tears all the way to the SB.  Josh is sticking to the script and his maturation is showing. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.