Around the NFL Week 4

aristocrat

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Why he is not the moron that gave Jones a contract extension? 

Giving Jones an extension was so dumb. But not caving to Barkley looks wise at this point. 

They have something like $45M in space next year and they can get out of the Jones contract after.

Jones contract isn’t holding the team back. And the team is short more than a QB.

The Manning’s spent a good portion of the second half ripping play calls and personnel choices.

The Giants are a disaster all over the place.  

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Why he is not the moron that gave Jones a contract extension? 

Giving Jones an extension was so dumb. But not caving to Barkley looks wise at this point. 

As the TV crew just said, Daboll is very close to completely losing the team, if he hasn’t already. You just can’t stay the course once the staff has lost the locker room.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

When do they stop saying Allen is struggling without Daboll and start saying Daboll is struggling without Allen?

Daboll's doing in NY what Daboll has always done in the NFL except for two seasons with Allen, leading his team to a bottom-dwelling offensive ranking.  

This should shock no one.  

Except for '20 and '21 when Allen finally found himself, Daboll's Scoring Offenses as an OC here and in Cleveland, Miami, and KC have ranked 29th, 31st, 20th, 32nd, 30th, and 23rd, and his Yardage Offenses have ranked 32nd, 29th, 22nd, 24th, 30th, and 24th, for averages of 28th and 27th.  

What he's doing in NY should come as absolutely no surprise.  It fits his pattern perfectly.  

His scoring offense there currently ranks 30th and so does his scoring D.   In fairness, he has played two very tough teams.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

As the TV crew just said, Daboll is very close to completely losing the team, if he hasn’t already. You just can’t stay the course once the staff has lost the locker room.

It doesn't feel like he's getting anything out of that team anymore.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

That is just an awful throw. Giants made a huge mistake running it back with Jones and Barkley. They should have taken a page out of McBeane's book, use the good will of an unexpected playoff season to tear it all down and go all in on a franchise QB. Now they've made the cardinal sin of having a bad season and nothing for fans to feel optimistic about.

Yeah.........but then they would still have Brian Daboll as their HC.

I know I've been his biggest detractor in a virtual sea of Daboll-washers........and a lot of very good posters have even taken GREAT issue with my opinion that Daboll was a hot mess waiting to happen if given a HC'ing job.

But to those folks.........I told y'all so.

I know some people couldn't understand.........but there are coaches out there who can look great for a stretch but then can turn around and produce results that are far less than the sum of the parts they are given.

Daboll had already proven this a number of times as an OC.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

1 hour ago, clayboy54 said:

Danny Dimes isn’t elite. A couple head scratchers. But he completed like 80% of his passes and lead the team in rushing. He had zero help out there. I’m not sure Mahomes would have gotten it done. By the second half on the Manningcast Peyton was ripping half of the personnel groupings and play calls. 

This game wasn’t on him Jones. Daboll and Shoen deserve a lot of blame for where this team is right now. They need a lot of help outside of QB. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.