Poyer OUT Sunday

Big Blitz

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

It may depend on gameplan. If the Bills had set up to use a 3 safety look and had Rapp in that role, they may keep him there and slide Lewis or Hamlin into Poyer's spot. That way you only have to adjust 1 players role as opposed to two. If they Bills are giving 2 deep looks than yes, Rapp will likely be the guy.

Who are you taking off the field for 3 safeties? Always the issue with 3 safeties.

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Who are you taking off the field for 3 safeties? Always the issue with 3 safeties.

Logic would dictate that would depend on down and distance. If you're doing it in obvious pass downs the choice would likely be a DT and mix in a 4th rusher from the LB spot if needed. A less obvious pass down and it would depend on what formation the offense presents in.

WTF is with this team having players not injured during the game and finishing it but then randomly OUT the next week?  Happened way too frequently last year and here we go again...

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

If we weren't playing a team that recommends using 3 safeties, I wouldn't care.  Rapp should be okay, but I don't like Hamlin having to be out there

Hamlin pretty much was the reason we lost in Week 3 last year to them...he got beat deep in double coverage on the long 50+ yard pass to Waddle where they took the lead. They might have Lewis in since he is the faster and more athletic player who can play corner in a pinch also. 

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Hamlin pretty much was the reason we lost in Week 3 last year to them...he got beat deep in double coverage on the long pass to Waddle where they took the lead.

Josh throwing the ball into the turf with an open McKenzie standing in the endzone didn't help. Hamlin getting burned put the Dolphins in the lead but defense was not the reason we lost in week 3 last year. That week 3 game was probably the best the defense looked against Miami out of all 3 games last year. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, MPL said:

Josh throwing the ball into the turf with an open McKenzie standing in the endzone didn't help. Hamlin getting burned put the Dolphins in the lead but defense was not the reason we lost in week 3 last year. That week 3 game was probably the best the defense looked against Miami out of all 3 games last year. 

I’m not sure about that.  It was only on the field for 19 minutes.

22 minutes ago, boyst said:

Someone find the stat of W-L with Poyer playing

We lose like any game he's not playing. 

Ok but that was with Hamlin and Johnson as his backups.  They are not good. Rapp is better. And how many of those games were without Hyde. 

My guess is we will be fine with Poyer. 

Edited by Ethan in Cleveland

29 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Guess we find out if keeping Hamlin was a PR move or he is the next best option. 

I’m still not ready to forgive Cam Lewis for the Minnesota game. 

wasn’t that Benford who pinned the ball to Justin Jefferson’s helmet?

29 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Guess we find out if keeping Hamlin was a PR move or he is the next best option. 

I’m still not ready to forgive Cam Lewis for the Minnesota game. 

wasn’t that Benford who pinned the ball to Justin Jefferson’s helmet?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.