McD much better D coordinator than Frazier

TwistofFate

6 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Our defense and McD as DC simply cannot be judged fully until we see them perform on Sunday, period.

This is the week that I have been waiting for... Orchard Park, no 100 degree heat index with no shade, Dolphins at full strength on offense.

Seize the day!

GO BILLS

It actually looks like a perfect day for a football game.  Ideal conditions for both clubs.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/24/2023 at 3:36 PM, TwistofFate said:

This defense looks wild, full of fire and aggressive.   They look much better under full control of McDermott. 

On the other hand, it's not like the Jets or the Raiders have shown much sign of life on offense in other games

This just seems like an overreaction 3 games in, to be met by possibly, an equal and opposite overreaction should the defense struggle against the Dolphins

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

On the other hand, it's not like the Jets or the Raiders have shown much sign of life on offense in other games

This just seems like an overreaction 3 games in, to be met by possibly, an equal and opposite overreaction should the defense struggle against the Dolphins

Kinda agree here, don’t believe the Dolphins O is as good as their start has indicated and same for the Bills D.

That being said I believe both units will end up among the league’s best by years end.

On 9/24/2023 at 4:38 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’s definitely better for Ed Oliver. Wow, what a different player. He’s dominating. If he keeps this up his contract is a bargain.

Oliver, Rousseau, and Epenesa have really come on this year. Bills have done a good job of developing motivated plays with raw talent. 

• Agree 1

On 9/26/2023 at 6:32 PM, BigDingus said:

The thing I like most is that he seems more willing to make adjustments, or at least I'm seeing a more fluid approach to calling the defense. 

With Frazier, it felt like there was one way the Bills defense played, and come hell or high water, we were stuck in it. We adjust for no man (or no team)! 

Not to toot my own horn, but this game really highlighted what I was talking about. The early stages saw Miami move the ball with ease, with both teams marching up & down the field without issue. 

But by the end of the game, it was a completely different story. Aside from the obligatory huge run play they gave up, the defense made the necessary adjustments & buckled down HARD. Getting after the quarterback on critical downs, great coverage, getting turnovers, making tackles, etc.

Hats off to McDermott & the defense! 

• Like (+1) 1

I can't wait to see the film, but the defense got stronger as the game went on.  No Poyer, lost White, lost Ben Ford, still produced. 

McD is a hell of a DC.  After the first few drives Miami was essentially shut down. 

Players were in position for many big plays...dropped ints, missed fumble recoveries, etc.  

McD makes the calls and really puts guys in position to succeed.  This, with the aggressive nature is really the difference in this defense. 

That was the top offrnse in thd league.  If our team can play complimentary ball like they did today, I'm not sure anyone in the league can beat us. 

The team to beat in the AFC is the Chiefs. 

Lets go Buffalo!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

I was worried after their first 2 drives. But I got to thinking, that's what our defense does in a lot of games. We give up some easy drives early, then the D tightens up. It's like a feeling out period. And I'd rather have that than dominating in the first quarter and then fading as the game goes on. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

I was worried after their first 2 drives. But I got to thinking, that's what our defense does in a lot of games. We give up some easy drives early, then the D tightens up. It's like a feeling out period. And I'd rather have that than dominating in the first quarter and then fading as the game goes on. 

The first drive you just have to say, top offensive mind, good script, I think we tried too many run blitzes and got a caught on a couple but it just just a good offense running a well executed script. 

In the 2nd drive we actually did get Tua off his first read a couple of times and had chances to make plays on the ball - we just didn't make them. They took advantage. 

But once we started making some of those plays - tips at the line, getting Tua off his read, making him hold the ball and then rallying and hitting we dominated them.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

I think we adapt much better as the game goes on.  The adjustments are amazing and the defense thrives. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.