Eric Bieniemy giving Matt Milano his flowers

BillsPride12

https://x.com/JennaCottrell/status/1704940475331891279?s=20

It's nice to see the respect being shown here, Milano is a guy that has flown under the radar across the NFL over the years but I think he is finally starting to get the league wide recognition he deserves.  He has been outstanding in the first two weeks so far.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Wow I am not sure I’ve really heard him at the podium. Obviously it’s flattering to our best D player so it’s nice. But EB is showing his stuff with WA.  Stuck in the large Reid shadow (ok cheap shot pun intended). Perhaps not a great interview they say? But his results are fact. If they have a decent season, he’s absolutely getting let’s say the Bears gig ? 

25 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Wow I am not sure I’ve really heard him at the podium. Obviously it’s flattering to our best D player so it’s nice. But EB is showing his stuff with WA.  Stuck in the large Reid shadow (ok cheap shot pun intended). Perhaps not a great interview they say? But his results are fact. If they have a decent season, he’s absolutely getting let’s say the Bears gig ? 

I don't disagree about him being in Reids shadow but its goes beyond that for EB.  He had a sexual assault charge while at Colorado.  

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I don't disagree about him being in Reids shadow but its goes beyond that for EB.  He had a sexual assault charge while at Colorado.  

It’s my understanding when sexual assault changes arose when he as RB coach involving players. He has had a few instances of issues around assault (as in fights) and one driving under the influence. But those were years ago. Certainly not dismissing those, but not sure that 10 interviews suggest that is holding him back? One would think they were already part of his vetting. But you could be right. 

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Sleeping with Bieniemy…

One of my all time Berman favourites…

Unfortunately you would need to be in your mid forties at least to remember the lame Julia Roberts movie...

I don't think that's true, I remember it and... oh crap

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, boyst said:

I wish I could find my quote after we got Edmunds and Milano was still first year, or maybe it was after Edmunds first year... I said Milano will outplay him and be more important to this defense than anyone. 

I was here that day and you never said that. 

• Haha (+1) 15
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, QLBillsFan said:

don’t forget a checkered history 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, boyst said:

I wish I could find my quote after we got Edmunds and Milano was still first year, or maybe it was after Edmunds first year... I said Milano will outplay him and be more important to this defense than anyone. 

I searched the archives and only found this:

”@boyst - Milano’s face is very purty. He’ll be selling Camrys in three months. Wasted pick “

Nice try. 

• Haha (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

This reminds me of the new Polish proverb I'm just making up now.     

The flower of my bienemy is my milano cookie.

Some day in the far future this could be as quotable as Chinese philosophy by Confucius.  

Myiagi say..

In all seriousness, Milano has been a stud for years.  How many dingy posters never wanted to pay him the $11 mil / yr contract and finally he gets much overdue the 1st team all pro status.

According to Polian on NFLR, he is the biggest difference maker in this defense for years.  The drop off when he was hurt a bit a couple of years ago was significant.

My next jersey one day will be his one.

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Sleeping with Bieniemy…

One of my all time Berman favourites…

Unfortunately you would need to be in your mid forties at least to remember the lame Julia Roberts movie...

I remember that movie.   I didn't find it lame. But then I'm looking at it from the feminine perspective so I have seen this type of behavior.  A friend 9f mine when I was stationed in at Eglin had a issue with her significant other.  She was his dependent I don't recall if they were legally married, but they had several children.  She was on my softball team and she and her kids were staying at my apartment after they had a fight.  While I was at work he  came over there and beat her up in front of the kids.  When I got back home and saw  her we got  him reported to his 1st Sgt and he was arrested.  Don't recall what happened afterwards but I was not gonna let it slide  if she hadn't called was gonna get him straightened out  no if and or buts.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Did people just start talking about "giving people flowers" within the past year or so? I feel like I suddenly hear this all the time now

They had alot of flower power in the late 60s around San Francisco.   Mama's and papa's even wrote a song about it..    it's appears hippy culture is back in.   Seems reasonable to me with the legalization trend for marijuana. C old be clues being left behind that sf will be nfc  rep in superbowl.  So bienemy is saying  so vs Bills in super Bowl.  That's what I'm taking out of this .   Prove me wrong.......

Edited by AuntieEm

4 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

https://x.com/JennaCottrell/status/1704940475331891279?s=20

It's nice to see the respect being shown here, Milano is a guy that has flown under the radar across the NFL over the years but I think he is finally starting to get the league wide recognition he deserves.  He has been outstanding in the first two weeks so far.

I think that’s what used to be known as “emptying the butter boat” over a person

If it were Belichick, I’d suspect it means he feels he’s cooked up a way to neutralize him.  Edit: on reflection, the stuff Bieneimy said about how well he understands Frazier and McDermott’s defense kind of sounds that way to me.

Dear Mr Bieneimy, Mr Milano respectfully declines your flowers.  They would clutter his minimalist space.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

It’s my understanding when sexual assault changes arose when he as RB coach involving players. He has had a few instances of issues around assault (as in fights) and one driving under the influence. But those were years ago. Certainly not dismissing those, but not sure that 10 interviews suggest that is holding him back? One would think they were already part of his vetting. But you could be right. 

I don't know about those old charges.  Seems like nothing came from them.  Seems to me it could easily have been false accusations for a number of reasons.  If he was guilty as accused I'd  expect they would have found evidence of it  and punishment would have been given by proper authorities.   I'd expect if he was truly guilty that he'd have been caught again over the course of time predator types don't stop their behavior so if he did he's either become very adept at covering his tracks or perhaps he learned to change how he dealt with women.  I'd suspect  it's more likely the former he was innocent and falsely accused.   I would hate it to be the latter as that would mean he's a monster that's getting away, with alot of bad stuff as we debate his hc prospects.  

Edited by AuntieEm

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Lucky for you google is easily accessible 

Yea but since I don't have an axe to grind on him I'll just go with my impressions from hearing him and not rumors.  If he was never charged and convicted then old accusations only become relevant if he's accused of committing same or similar  crimes.  

33 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Did people just start talking about "giving people flowers" within the past year or so? I feel like I suddenly hear this all the time now

It's an old phrase from back in the middle ages.

It really is about the recipient of the praise accepting it as a flower.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think that’s what used to be known as “emptying the butter boat” over a person

If it were Belichick, I’d suspect it means he feels he’s cooked up a way to neutralize him.  Edit: on reflection, the stuff Bieneimy said about how well he understands Frazier and McDermott’s defense kind of sounds that way to me.

Dear Mr Bieneimy, Mr Milano respectfully declines your flowers.  They would clutter his minimalist space.

So he's telling mcd that he better have some wrinkles that will be a surprise.  As much as bienemy knows frazier and mcds defense I'm sure they in turn know bienemys capabilities on offense.  So whomever has more wrinkles will win on Sunday.  Just based on skintone ( not racist related ) sunburns  damage to skin causing wrinkles  I'd say  the winner is the bald ginger McDermott.  He's more at risk from ultraviolet rays than bienemy.  There are benefits to being black even if generally it's not talked about as a positive for us melanin deficit peoples.

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Shocked 1

45 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

So he's telling mcd that he better have some wrinkles that will be a surprise.  As much as bienemy knows frazier and mcds defense I'm sure they in turn know bienemys capabilities on offense.  So whomever has more wrinkles will win on Sunday.  Just based on skintone ( not racist related ) sunburns  damage to skin causing wrinkles  I'd say  the winner is the bald ginger McDermott.  He's more at risk from ultraviolet rays than bienemy.  There are benefits to being black even if generally it's not talked about as a positive for us melanin deficit peoples.

Lmfao wut

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

I'm not sure its the only thing keeping him from getting a job.  But think about the NFLs recent history regarding violence against women.   If the interview process is close do you choose the person with a clean past or the dude who choked a woman?  

Its been a long time and he may have changed but the Drunk driving, assaulting a woman, luring recruits using sexual favors/alcohol and the odd interfering with a fireman charges are all in the public domain. 

I think the narrative about him being in Reid's shadow is only a small part as to why he hasn't received a job.  Personally, I think NFL teams see the guy as a PR nightmare waiting to happen and would rather not have to answer questions about his past.   

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.