Week 3: Buffalo (-6.5) at Washington

BuffaloBillyG

58 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

We'll see. Dropping all the way to overall pick 144 in this QB obsessed draft world tells me something. There was no team willing to take a flyer on him with even a 2nd/3rd/4th round pick. Malik Willis, Matt Corral, Bailey Zappe were off the board ahead of him.

I think the Commanders did the right thing giving him the starting job, because there is a chance he'll develop into a good starter. But everyone seemed to agree that his ceiling is limited, hence the draft status.

But I am intrigued by the "vegetarian except for chicken" thing. Not even fish? Turkey? Quail? I demand an explanation!

His ceiling is limited?  Is he going to become Mahomes or Allen?  Of course not.  I think he has the tools to be as good or even better than Matt Ryan, Eli Manning, Kirk Cousins, Dak and Tua.  

He has a good arm and is more than mobile enough.  Imo, those are the 2 things that cap a players ceiling other than his mental makeup.  He had the 2nd highest wonderlic (34) in his class.  6’1 220 isn’t ideal and, imo, is the reason he slipped.   The kid is a competitor and understands the nuances of playing the position.   I don’t know if he’ll be a star, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him as Washington’s long term starter

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

We'll see. Dropping all the way to overall pick 144 in this QB obsessed draft world tells me something. There was no team willing to take a flyer on him with even a 2nd/3rd/4th round pick. Malik Willis, Matt Corral, Bailey Zappe were off the board ahead of him.

I think the Commanders did the right thing giving him the starting job, because there is a chance he'll develop into a good starter. But everyone seemed to agree that his ceiling is limited, hence the draft status.

But I am intrigued by the "vegetarian except for chicken" thing. Not even fish? Turkey? Quail? I demand an explanation!

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

His ceiling is limited?  Is he going to become Mahomes or Allen?  Of course not.  I think he has the tools to be as good or even better than Matt Ryan, Eli Manning, Kirk Cousins, Dak and Tua.  

He has a good arm and is more than mobile enough.  Imo, those are the 2 things that cap a players ceiling other than his mental makeup.  He had the 2nd highest wonderlic (34) in his class.  6’1 220 isn’t ideal and, imo, is the reason he slipped.   The kid is a competitor and understands the nuances of playing the position.   I don’t know if he’ll be a star, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him as Washington’s long term starter

It's hard to find a good comparable for Howell.

Of course Brady was taken in the 6th as we all know... and Tony Romo was undrafted.

Current Niners QB Brock Purdy was Mr. Irrelevant after being drafted 262nd and last in the 2022 draft. He and Howell have similar measurables.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Apparently I woke up in the mood to sharpshoot the basic fundamental errors of "professionals."

Not:

WAS v BUF

BAL v IND

NYJ v NE

But:

BUF @ WAS

IND @ BAL

NE @ NYJ

I guess writing isn't his forte?

Aren't both ways acceptable? If you use "vs" instead of "@" then it's "home team vs away team"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Lol vegetarian except for chicken is like saying he is great at limiting his mistakes as a oasser because all the ints he's thrown were delibritately thrown to each defender thus his completion rate should be graded higher as well.

Edited by AuntieEm

5 minutes ago, jletha said:

https://x.com/pathammer/status/1704805206708703468?s=20

Pat Hammer says the storm will be gone

It's a grass field tho isn't it?  Hopefully they will have a tarp down most of Saturday and it won't effect the field conditions too much. It's also only Thursday...we are talking only a few hours of difference between the rain being there and ending so it could EASILY shift later in the day. Hell, we were supposed to be dry here last week one day ON THAT DAY and it rained all morning.

9 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Cook didn’t practice either today for some reason. Edit:wasn’t spotted during viewing portion. Could be nothing 

Did he choose to retire also?? 😂

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

We heard the same thing with Carson Wentz...how did that ultimately turn out?

Edited by Big Turk
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

If the Bills eek out a close win, sorry yes a wins a win, but will not bode well.  

Of course then the cup half full side of me will say that "The Bills learned they can't take things for granted".  

How many times have we "Fans" said that over the past 3 years????😉

Par for the course.

26 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

This year is starting off well again I see in terms of crazy weather games the Bills will be involved in.

Seems to make perfect sense to me.  Last year Bills were impacted by some weather related games.  Now they may flip the script this year with a solid trio at rb that will secure this game and its wild weather impact on the game.  I can see Josh letting his rbs carry the team to a victory while our d feasts on passes that get whisked off target for a Washington qb desperately trying to keep up and again with less time to do it às þhe Bills decide they will be hogs in a stadium that has been known to have a soft spot for hogs in the football realm.

So when we e win despite bad weather be another excuse opponents will cling to as the media refuses to credit that the Bills can win without Josh carrying the team on his back.  

Edited by AuntieEm

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.