Do the Bills need a " Quarterback Whisperer?"

Returntoglory

5 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Yes there are some concerns dating back to the end of last year, but The man had one bad game....

It is a long season..

Joe Burrow also had a horrible game, but I don't see Bengal fans calling for his head after he just signed that huge contract and him entering the stadium with Floyd Mayweather gear on.

Just go here and browse. You'll see it all: http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE

17 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

If that is what you take from it I suggest a reading comprehension course.  Got it?

Reading was just fine. You were the one who stated someone was a blowhard and used that as a point of emphasis to back up your opinion. Logic would easily conclude you have the same feeling of said blowhard. Maybe a writing course would work for you. Get it? Got it? Good.

• Disagree 1

44 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

There was a very similar thread a few weeks ago and I wrote he wasnt putting in the work and got lambasted.  I said I was tired of hearing about how drunk he was getting and how many golf courses he has gone to.  I also wrote if he has a bad game or two to start the season all the posters claiming "he is young, let him have his freedom" will turn on him.

Classic and predictable.

As one of the ESPN blowhards said this morning, someone needs to have the courage to tell Josh to grow up.

Outside of the one Kyle Allen thing, how often were you hearing about him getting drunk?  The whole he plays golf thing is overplayed in my mind as well.  A lot of these athletes play a lot of golf in the offseason, and Josh has played a lot of golf since his rookie season so to me the golf thing is a huge pile of nothing

11 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Outside of the one Kyle Allen thing, how often were you hearing about him getting drunk?  The whole he plays golf thing is overplayed in my mind as well.  A lot of these athletes play a lot of golf in the offseason, and Josh has played a lot of golf since his rookie season so to me the golf thing is a huge pile of nothing

How often, i didn't keep track but various podcasts he has been on.

Cover 1 guy said Josh was in the building on Monday from 9 til 2 pm and noted that players usually don't come into the building on Monday unless they need treatment for an injury.

So maybe his poor showing got Josh's head turned around and focussed on football, specifically reading defenses.

• Sad 1

Just now, Old Coot said:

Cover 1 guy said Josh was in the building on Monday from 9 til 2 pm and noted that players usually don't come into the building on Monday unless they need treatment for an injury.

So maybe his poor showing got Josh's head turned around and focussed on football, specifically reading defenses.

I assume you mean Tuesday.

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Old Coot said:

Or he’s injured…

4 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Haha were they actual calling for his head as well?

Not exactly, but they always have the same debate about Burrow keeping Zac Taylor in a job that we have about McD and Allen. My main point is that we're not alone. Last year, I wondered over to Chiefs' Planet after the Chiefs escaped from Denver with a win that they shouldn't have and the entire tone was that it is all Andy Reid's fault. 

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

I think the reason people get so worked up over these things is that we worry that we're more dedicated than he is. After all, we're on TBD at 2:30 on a Thursday. Is Josh Allen working on his football game as much as we're working on our posting game? Or, is he having sex with all of Hollywood in the back of a golf cart?

if allen worked half as hard at being a QB as we here work at shtposting all day, he'd have hung a couple banners already

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 9/12/2023 at 7:50 PM, FrenchConnection said:

People misremember the 2021 season. All they remember is the perfect game and the 13 seconds game. The Bills were 7-6 after week 14. They scored 6 points against the Jags. He's always been hot and cold, even with Daboll.

Yeah and if you look back at this very message board at that time, people were calling for Daboll's head, or hoping he'd get a HC job so he'd leave. Remember after the Jags game?

First 6 games of 2022:

2300 yards  66%  14 TDs  4 INTs 

Last 13 games including playoffs and Jets:

2700 yards 60%  22 TDs   16 INTs 

If it wasn’t the UCL……it’s….something…

These stats are a stunning drop off - now I will say 3 of these games are the Jets.  3 are against Miami.  And 2 against the hoodie.  

That’s EIGHT of 13 games vs your division.  We aren’t adjusting.  But they sure have.  

Joe Marino said it, no you can’t measure or quantify the Hollywood, the contract, the Madden cover, or the commercials, and the fame. 

But you can measure this offense with its new OC that looks like it took the league about 6-7 games to figure out.  

That measurable variable is Dorsey. 

Edited by Big Blitz

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

Not exactly, but they always have the same debate about Burrow keeping Zac Taylor in a job that we have about McD and Allen. My main point is that we're not alone. Last year, I wondered over to Chiefs' Planet after the Chiefs escaped from Denver with a win that they shouldn't have and the entire tone was that it is all Andy Reid's fault. 

That’s fair.

But I mean that just shows how much fan bases are overreacting.

I think most people would say Josh and burrow are 2 and 3 in no particular order for QB rankings.

And the fact that both fan bases are pissed off at them after one game says a lot lol

I love Josh, he's our guy, but hear me out. One thing I hated about Brady is he went into every game with almost a vendetta against the opponent. No matter how good or bad a team was, Brady almost seemed to have a hatred for that team. I wanna see Josh have that similar attitude. I see it in Diggs when he plays, an almost eff you, I'm gonna beat you mentality. Remember when Rocky fought clubber Lang the 2nd time and they stood in the center of the ring and clubber said "Imma bust you up" and Rocky said "go for it". We need that Josh. Eye of the tiger man, eye of the tiger. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.