Do the Bills need a " Quarterback Whisperer?"

Returntoglory

One thing I would say, and I could be way off, but Brady is 33 to Josh's 27 - there are only six years between them so I imagine there could be a risk of a sibling relationship rather than coach and employee if Brady's personality isn't strong enough to have the needed impact on Josh.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Clearly we need to find someone willing to take Allen off our hands.  Coach McDermott needs someone better to have a chance to win, 

Want to follow up on this and propose some specific ideas for Allen trades, that ought to satisfy the "balanced offense" "take what they give you"  "tell your QB to grow up crowd"

1. Let send him back home.  Allen/Cook for Fred Warner/B. Purdy/C. McCafferty -  maybe this will finally give the Bills the personnel they need on defense, and it gives them a highly coveted weapon in McCafferty (with a Carolina Panthers pedigry no less).  It works on the salary cap.  Coach Shananan might be able to figure out a way to use Allen 
  2. Back home number two- Allen to the Rams for Stafford/a first rounder and a couple of second rounders (not sure what picks the rams actually have).  This gets McDermott a guy who has won a super bowl, stays in the pocket, and 3 picks to add weapons weapons weapon (or more delinemen
  3. Allen/Cook/Spencer Brown to Cleveland for DeShaun Watson/Nick Chubb/Wyatt Teller.   This will bring the much desired balance to the offense and help improve the oline. 

This will save the trouble of having to have the difficult (and mentally deranged) you have to grow up talk 

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

You do realize that one reason Josh and other players (Davis, Mitch Morse, Knox) wanted Dorsey IN the booth is that they felt he got too emotional on the sideline?  Mitch Morse referred to it as "The Holy Spirit comes out of him".

When Dorsey was the QB coach and not responsible for decoding the defense and calling plays, evidently he managed to rein that in, but no promises he'd do better on the sideline.

Great, just what we need. A high strung OC trying to get through to a sugar high qb.

26 minutes ago, billsherd said:

Allen once he gets in his "I will show you what I can do" mode it spirals out of control. Not sure if anything can be done about it.

Allen appears unprepared > confused > panicked. Excusing it as “hero ball” gives him too much credit.

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Great, just what we need. A high strung OC trying to get through to a sugar high qb.

Said it earlier elsewhere - the three leaders on offense (Dorsey, Josh and Diggs) are emotion first kind of guys. Where's the calming influence? To his credit, I do think Diggs was trying yesterday.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Aimee75 said:

This is true, but Daboll flat out said he had to pull Allen aside, sit him down, make him watch videos of all the incredible plays he makes and remind him how special he is. He said Josh was borderline despondent. He could show a lot of tough love, but he was able to reel Josh back in and help him get his head straight.

I don't remember Daboll saying that at all.  Any idea where/when?

I know McDaniel said he did that for Tua.

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Because Daboll had the Giants so ready to perform on Sunday?  :flirt:

The giants had the worst loss of the weekend for sure.  The Bills once again siezed the award for worst last play of the game award.  Its nice that the Bills fans can connect emotionally to both of these teams. 

9 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Exposed as coach of the year.

Worst voted COTY since Jauron.

Tanked second half of the season.

Ass into playoff game.  Beat worst D in the league.

Wake up week 1 2023 and Jones is still their QB.  Get humiliated by the Cowboys, at home....

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I think 3rdand12 alluded to it, either on this or the "grow up" thread, but we barely see any support structure around him whenever the camera switches to the sidelines. It was a bit of a surprise to see Diggs speaking to him when the camera switched before overtime. Perhaps it was previously decided he needs to be left alone with his thoughts; if so, I feel this needs to be revisited. If need be, switch Brady and Dorsey - put Brady in the booth to watch for patterns on the field and relay them back to Dorsey, and have Dorsey beside Josh where he used to be.

I have a couple friends who went to the game. They should be recovered and back to work tomorrow lol
Will ask the very question from those long time season ticket holders

What did they see on the sideline with Josh. and what have they seen last year as well for some perspective.

There is no right or wrong from the fans view point I suppose, but we just can tell and easily , something is amiss.

6 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

One thing I would say, and I could be way off, but Brady is 33 to Josh's 27 - there are only six years between them so I imagine there could be a risk of a sibling relationship rather than coach and employee if Brady's personality isn't strong enough to have the needed impact on Josh.

and Dorsey ?

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Want to follow up on this and propose some specific ideas for Allen trades, that ought to satisfy the "balanced offense" "take what they give you"  "tell your QB to grow up crowd"

1. Let send him back home.  Allen/Cook for Fred Warner/B. Purdy/C. McCafferty -  maybe this will finally give the Bills the personnel they need on defense, and it gives them a highly coveted weapon in McCafferty (with a Carolina Panthers pedigry no less).  It works on the salary cap.  Coach Shananan might be able to figure out a way to use Allen 
  2. Back home number two- Allen to the Rams for Stafford/a first rounder and a couple of second rounders (not sure what picks the rams actually have).  This gets McDermott a guy who has won a super bowl, stays in the pocket, and 3 picks to add weapons weapons weapon (or more delinemen
  3. Allen/Cook/Spencer Brown to Cleveland for DeShaun Watson/Nick Chubb/Wyatt Teller.   This will bring the much desired balance to the offense and help improve the oline. 

This will save the trouble of having to have the difficult (and mentally deranged) you have to grow up talk 

lol this has to be sarcasm.   

each suggestion more laughable than the last

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

I have a couple friends who went to the game. They should be recovered and back to work tomorrow lol
Will ask the very question from those long time season ticket holders

What did they see on the sideline with Josh. and what have they seen last year as well for some perspective.

There is no right or wrong from the fans view point I suppose, but we just can tell and easily , something is amiss.

I just read on another thread about a lot of the players on the offensive side of the ball wanting Dorsey in the booth as he was too emotional on the sidelines. Maybe that should be the ultimate threat to Josh - one more chance to get it right or Dorsey returns as he was better with him there. And everyone will know who to blame.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

and Dorsey ?

Dorsey's 42 so the age gap is greater. Plus he was with Daboll and has helped overseen Josh's progression from 2019 onwards, so had Daboll for support for the first two years. Brady only came in last year.

Edited by UKBillFan

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

I just read on another thread about a lot of the players on the offensive side of the ball wanting Dorsey in the booth as he was too emotional on the sidelines. Maybe that should be the ultimate threat to Josh - one more chance to get it right or Dorsey returns as he was better with him there. And everyone will know who to blame.

With respect, I think that's a "can't go home again" situation.  Dorsey was on the sidelines as QB coach.  That's not the same as returning him to the sidelines as OC.  Different role.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be tried or didn't work, but it's not as though Dorsey the QB coach would be coming back to the sideline.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.