Do the Bills need a " Quarterback Whisperer?"

Returntoglory

1 minute ago, Success said:

I'll take "much ado about nothing" for now.

Nutty week 1 game w/ weird energy from the kickoff on, against the defense that Allen has traditionally had some of his biggest challenges with.

If we see more of the same on Sunday, I'll start to furrow my brow.  Right now, I'm stoked about how this team will look when JA starts locking in.  I think our defense could be right up there w/ the best this year, and if the offense can get clicking, we can go on quite a run (imo).

Yea there were actually a fair few positives on Monday. If we can get Josh right we can definitely go on a run.

• Like (+1) 1

I'd also add - he played a really good first half. Not stellar, but he was 17-21 at one point, and was making some great throws.  The wheels obviously came off after that, but if there were big outside factors going on, you'd think we would have seen it from the start.

11 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

Or much to do about nothing and just leave Josh alone, he'll be fine.

^This.

While I don't know if he'll "be fine," I think any of these sports stars that get commercials, etc. can balance off the field stuff with on the field stuff.

Look at Big Ben. Scum of the earth, no endorsements at all, and was up & down quite a bit in his career. I think folks make a big deal out of these kinds of things. 

I mean, outside of Mahomes, Rogers and Favre, it seems most qbs who go commercial heavy can have the criticism of 'maybe you shld soend more time playing qb rather than doing commercials' levied at them. I dont think thats actly taking away as most are shot in the offseason. Its just low hanging fruit and I hope josh is ablento buck the trend. 1 bad game against a team who seems to have his number doesnt give us our answer.  It does however, give the sky is falling crowd something to complain about - see OP

It seems he got figured out and the question is whether he puts in enough work to adjust. OP's list might be distractions. So too perhaps golf and insinuations of issues with workout regimen/film study. It's speculative. Bottom line is his best attributes as a QB - arm strength and athleticism - don't make for sustainable success. Now he has to delve into the nuances that aren't so fun.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I think the reason people get so worked up over these things is that we worry that we're more dedicated than he is. After all, we're on TBD at 2:30 on a Thursday. Is Josh Allen working on his football game as much as we're working on our posting game? Or, is he having sex with all of Hollywood in the back of a golf cart?

16 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

There was a very similar thread a few weeks ago and I wrote he wasnt putting in the work and got lambasted.  I said I was tired of hearing about how drunk he was getting and how many golf courses he has gone to.  I also wrote if he has a bad game or two to start the season all the posters claiming "he is young, let him have his freedom" will turn on him.

Classic and predictable.

As one of the ESPN blowhards said this morning, someone needs to have the courage to tell Josh to grow up.

So, what I take from this is you share the same opinion of a blowhard. Got it.

Yes there are some concerns dating back to the end of last year, but The man had one bad game....

It is a long season..

Joe Burrow also had a horrible game, but I don't see Bengal fans calling for his head after he just signed that huge contract and him entering the stadium with Floyd Mayweather gear on.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.