2023 NFL Season - Week #1 - Bills at Jets - Post game game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

We got beat by Zach Wilson again.

I'm tired of these excuses and I want to see improvement and accountability or this team isn't sniffing the playoffs.

this game has nothing to do with zach wilson.

it has everything do with the offense.

we fired the wrong coordinator this past year.

Edited by GETTOTHE50

4 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

You liked the game plan?

They were in shot gun all game with essentially no play action to slow down one of the best pass rushes in the league 

Everyone seems to think play action is this amazing play, like defenses have never seen it before and they all get fooled.

I thought the game plan was effective for the most part, until Allen f'd it all up. We win fairly easy if not for 4 really bonehead plays by Allen. He had a few other bad passes that were not intercepted as well. He was pretty bad.

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

We got beat by Zach Wilson again.

I'm tired of these excuses and I want to see improvement and accountability or this team isn't sniffing the playoffs.

I agree?

Not sure how it’s an excuse to point out that targets weren’t spread out and were concentrated on Diggs. Hard to put blame on Gabe of all people with 4 targets

2 minutes ago, MPT said:

Zach Wilson didn't have to make any great plays to win this game. A couple handoffs to Hall, a lob to Garrett Wilson, and a punt return TD. That's the difference between good coaching and whatever we have.

Not so much good coaching as being good at being coached and following directions.   I remember in my sophomore year in high school a teacher gave a test and you had to just follow the directions exactly to pass it.  First question or direction on it said to read all the questions 20 of them. First.  And it had silly things to do like rip off the top left corner of the paper, next was to count out loud to 3....  the very last direction was to just print your name on the test paper and hand it in and to not follow the previous 19 directions just the first telling you to read all 20 before actually going through them 1 by 1.  Don't think any of us did . So we all failed that lil test to get us to really read and follow directions properly.  Human nature we all wanna think we can use Che s t codes to get things done and MN an, times they can be but usually they aren't done properly or done to the best of a per s one ability.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

The second INT was thrown on second down.  Punts happen on 4th down.  That was absolutely not a punt.  It was a bad decision to throw deep into the middle of the field with a safety back there

Excellent point. A 3rd and 20 deep shot is no big deal - chances of converting a 1st are low and unless there’s a big return it’s effectively a quick kick punt. But you can’t give up 2 downs like that

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Nelius said:

I agree?

Not sure how it’s an excuse to point out that targets weren’t spread out and were concentrated on Diggs. Hard to put blame on Gabe of all people with 4 targets

7 players caught balls today. I think that's fairly spread out. That wasn't the issue. Bad decisions by Allen was the problem.

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

Everyone seems to think play action is this amazing play, like defenses have never seen it before and they all get fooled.

I thought the game plan was effective for the most part, until Allen f'd it all up. We win fairly easy if not for 4 really bonehead plays by Allen. He had a few other bad passes that were not intercepted as well. He was pretty bad.

Do doubt JA sucked.

But PA can slow down the pass rush though.

if you look at Josh Allen’s stats with, vs without play action, it’s significantly better with play action 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Allen has made stupid mistakes over and over. Manage the game, take what is given to you. Field goal in redzone better then hero ball. Reason why Mahomes good as he is given to him, Kelce makes the plays. 

Mahomes frequently has wide open receivers that get him huge RAC. This is because Andy Reid is twice the play designer and play caller that Dorsey is. He also frequently has Kelce inexplicably wide open when the play breaks down.

Mahomes struggles (just like Allen did today) when the other team gets pressure with 4 rushers. See the Bucs Super Bowl for a recent example.

• Agree 1

Just now, Nelius said:

I agree?

So is it on the receivers not getting open, Josh not finding them, or poor play calling? 

Seems like we're reliving the same problems as last season.

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Play action is an amazing play. It's so good, it works even when you don't have a good run game. And Allen is one of the best QBs in the league when rolling out, so why not design it? 

I'll tell you why: because our OC is an absolute dip ***** who doesn't know the strengths and weaknesses of his players.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

McDermott thoroughly throwing Josh under the bus in his post game PC....repeating (3 times so far) that it's tough to win in this league when you turn the ball over 4 times.

How about it being tough to win when you have a poorly coached and ill-prepared sloppy team Clappy?

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was hoping the jets won the coin toss.  We should’ve kicked it.  Our offense was having little luck. I thought our best chance was to get a stop and shorten the field.  If they would’ve kicked a fg on the first drive, we’d have a chance.  I didn’t think the jets could’ve score another TD 

Just now, Bleedingreennc said:

You are correct, we won despite Wilson. Our defense rattled Allen and he couldn't recover 

Honest question—what are your thoughts as a Jets fan with Rodgers possibly done for the season? Does it feel a little like you won the battle but lost the war? At some point your QB needs to win you games, and Wilson has shown what he can and can’t do, tonight notwithstanding. Congrats on a solid team effort for you all around! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Excellent point. A 3rd and 20 deep shot is no big deal - chances of converting a 1st are low and unless there’s a big return it’s effectively a quick kick punt. But you can’t give up 2 downs like that

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

a 3rd down interception is indeed a big deal.  You don't punt on 3rd down, it's not like a punt. It was 3rd and 8, not 20.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.