2023 NFL Season - Week #1 - Bills at Jets - Post game game thread

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

He said it himself.

He also said he was going to stop playing hero ball this season. About as authentic as Tomlin saying PITs loss was "a failure on our part in all areas."

Feign responsibility and you fend off lots of uncomfortable questions.

He talks a good game and can play one too when he uses his head.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

There should be about 10 other guys on that list.

Mostly on the defensive side of the ball. 

Besides Diggs I didn't see any great things from anyone else. Cook was ok and Kincaid show promise. 

Harty and Sherfield are one offs. Davis just sucks. This offensive has no game changers besides Diggs. 

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The pass rush was good but they were facing a poor pass blocking team and a back up QB. Also, a bottom tier offensive team. 

So the jury is out on how good the Bills pass rush is. It is very encouraging though. Hopefully, it's the real deal. It was one of the few bright spots in the game. 

They did it vs Rodgers on 3 of his 4 plays. 

the jets OL is questionable for sure, but I still think our pass rush is going to be extra fierce once we get von back 

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Besides Diggs I didn't see any great things from anyone else. Cook was ok and Kincaid show promise. 

Harty and Sherfield are one offs. Davis just sucks. This offensive has no game changers besides Diggs. 

Kingcaid will change that once Dorsey/Josh start to trust him

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Yea Josh didn't run any screens today those are always good to frustrate a pass rush and slow them down.  I don't know if Josh just doesn't like screen plays but if that's the case he needs to learn it's not about what  plays he likes to run its about what plays will work against what he sees the defense doing but without film study hes not a ble to identify what plays will work to get the defenders to vacate the areas on the field he wants to run plays to.  

It's not Josh's responsibility to install screen plays into the offense or call them during a game.

I mean yeah, he could check into them. But how do we even know he has those plays available if they never run them? 

14 minutes ago, Simon said:

There was a report that the Bills OLine only gave up a 26% pressure rate tonight.

I know I saw Allen bailing out of clean pockets multiple times.

I can’t fully blame Josh for wanting to escape the pocket considering how hideous the protection has been for most of the time he’s been here. Almost like muscle memory kicking in. Trouble is it made the O Line’s job more difficult tonight.

6 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Agreed it was mostly on defense but there wre a few guys on offense who came to play.

Dawkins was very good more often than not.

Kincaid was very good.

Torrence worked hard in a nice rookie debut.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I didn’t want to believe the window was closed but it is. 

Josh had his worst game as a pro and when he needed other areas to pick it up they didn’t.

if the window was ever open, i dont think this loss changes that.   Josh singlehandedly torpedoed that game.  Sam Howell wins that game.   Baker Mayfield even

The other areas never had a chance to pick it up (except maybe punt coverage.  Though i did see Siran Neal make an elite play on special teams)

the problem is Josh.  But is it fixable?

2 hours ago, sonyab1974 said:

I feel like we lost the superbowl! 😭😭

I feel like we just got disqualified.  Ineligible.  Not looking like that.

(not to be conspiracy guy, but) dont expect the  NFL to help that get to the superbowl this year.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I can’t fully blame Josh for wanting to escape the pocket considering how hideous the protection has been for most of the time he’s been here. Almost like muscle memory kicking in. Trouble is it made the O Line’s job more difficult tonight.

Then he needs to do more in practice  on staying in pocket.  Once he finds the open wr he can shift if he feels a bit of pressure from either tackle spots.  However he needs to know which wrs is open also then get the ball to that player.

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Simon said:

There was a report that the Bills OLine only gave up a 26% pressure rate tonight.

I know I saw Allen bailing out of clean pockets multiple times.

D lines are playing more to contain on the edges.  

Hope Josh panics and rolls out into trouble.  

This should be exploitable if you have a run game the D fears - because you have to get those LBs to step up on fakes - they never do and they don’t respect our run.  So we really don’t have space over the middle often enough.  Or Josh misses it or we can’t exploit it.  

Just my opinion one of the adjustments Ds are making.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, AuntieEm said:

Then he needs to do more in practice  on staying in pocket.  Once he finds the open wr he can shift if he feels a bit of pressure from either tackle spots.  However he needs to know which wrs is open also then get the ball to that player.

He needs to be confident in trusting the pocket to hold first. 

6 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Did already

No, the Steelers game was not even close.  That was a talentless team that was going nowhere.  This team has (had) Super Bowl aspirations and we’re watching our long-awaited franchise QB unravel in the worst way on national TV.  

On the plus side, Dalton Kincaid is already better than Dawson Knox, and I saw him lay some nice blocks, too.

Edited by mannc

2 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Jets D was a problem last year, it's continued into this year.  A full game of Rodgers could have been SUPER ugly. 

It's game 1 but man JA lost that game. 4 turn overs on the road deserves a loss. 

I didn't have enough weed to make it better

Go Bills!  Oh, wait?  😭

1 minute ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

I didn't have enough weed to make it better

Go Bills!  Oh, wait?  😭

I lied evidently 

• Haha (+1) 1

After Josh Allen's massive 4th turn over, I turned off the TV and left my house. Knew it was over.

No Aaron Rodgers. We still lose. To Zach Wilson? Holy moly.

RB James Cook. I don't know man. We need a tank bruiser RB. It's just the 1st game. Let's see what happens next.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin

If I am McDermott I am having Dorsey put a leash on Allen. Need to rein him in a little for the betterment of his QB. Force him to operate more within the structure of the offense and take what is given even if it is checking it down. Dorsey needs to help his QB out by scheming guys open short and getting the ball out quicker. Give Allen some half field reads and move the pocket.

Right now Josh is just going off script and turning the ball over way too often which is killing the team. Despite how horrible of a loss it was it is only 1 game. Back half of the Bills schedule is brutal and they need to figure out things on offense quickly in the meantime.

Edited by billieve420

Refs were pulling for the jets.

Josh needs to stop with these freaking turnovers. He need to get serious about the offseason, go have fun when you retire.  Now i understand why Diggs was pissed off 

Did Dorsey forget what deep ball is, also running the ball in overtime was special ed.

can peyton Manning be the OC and we should have brought in Jim Schwartz as DC.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.