2023 NFL Season - Week #1 - Bills at Jets - Post game game thread

BuffaloBill

23 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Is it too much to ask Josh not to turn the ball over 4 times and not to throw downfield into double coverage?  His TD/INT ratio since midseason last year is awful.  

Who gets credit when Allen plays well?  Certainly not the coaching staff right?

Who deserves blame when Allen plays poorly?  Certainly the coaching staff right?

If you're blaming anyone more than Allen last night, you're pointing your finger at the wrong person.  

It simply was Allen.  

I don’t disagree on the turnovers. I’m not giving McDermott credit when josh plays well or blame when he sucks. This whole thing is a disaster and it’s from the top down. McDermott, beane.. all of them aren’t good enough. This team is SOFT and always has been under McDermott. That’s his fault. 

• Eyeroll 1

10 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

This really has vibes like the Steelers game where people were throwing Josh’s jersey on the highway outside the stadium. 
Allen is going to get crushed he isn’t allowed a bad game like Burrow or Hurts or Mahomes. 
He is held to a far different standard. 

Burrow was terrible. But Burrow is not my QB, so when he has a bad game I just point, laugh, and move on with my life. 

When my QB plays like garbage I have a lot more to say. 

I hated the thrown out jerseys. Hated. But let’s not pretend this is some slight against Josh that other QB’s who haven’t won or been to a SB don’t experience.

That was a stinker of the worst preseason quality. The Bengals, Seahawks and Giants also stunk so I'm not hitting the panic button or reading this as representative of what this season will bear. We won't see regular season quality football till week 4. Such is the watered down football era we live in

This loss looked like a carbon copy of last year’s Jets loss. In fact Allen’s picks last year were even more head scratching.

We still managed to go 13-3 despite that. I think we will still cruise to the division (I’m not a big Dolphins or Tua believer), but the thought in the back of my mind is whether we’ll be able to beat a tough team in the playoffs. I kind of think not. This team can beat up bad teams in the regular season.

Gripes from last night:
Run on 2-15 in OT is horrible.
Not challenging the 3rd down spot that lead to the QB sneak in the 4th was a mistake

The run Josh up the middle from the shotgun play needs to be torn out of the playbook

Josh needlessly taking hits needs to stop
Kincaid having 26 yards receiving when his O/U was 27.5 was salt on the wounds

Likes from last night:
We have the weapons at skill positions on offense to dink dunk and occasionally go for the HR

The pass rush was good
The Jets losing Rodgers has to help us in the season long outlook.

That's it - on to next week.

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

I agree.  Said it in the moment, up 13-3 all the Bills had to do was ball security and take what the Jets gave them and it was likely a Win.  The flinging the ball downfield twice into coverage was completely absurd.

Absolutely, Allen was looking for that knockout punch when all he had to do is dink and dunk ball possession football.

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

If I take any solace in this it's that the Jets tied their balls to Aaron Rogers for cap space and I'm seeing a realistic chance he never plays again 

Havent read much today - has it been discussed at all what the financial/cap implications are for the Jets if he retires 

50 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Held the Bills to 3 points in the second half, i would say thats pretty good.

I give full credit to the Jet's D for stopping the Bills.  They frustrated Allen and gave him the opportunity to force plays, which led to turnovers.  But the Bills were their own worst enemy tonight.  Allen's fumble in the 4th was all Buffalo's fault.  Milano getting the taunting penalty and pushing the offense back 15 yards was all him.  Allen choosing to launch the ball into double coverage twice because he just decided to was on him.  The Jet's did a great job holding the Bills down, but Buffalo absolutely shot themselves in the foot time and time again.

If the Bills ran the ball every play of the second half, they win the game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.