Same energy as the last few years?

Kirby Jackson

I'm more excited now than last year. This team is better than last year's team. Everyone in the media had us as the favorites and TBD fell for it. Hook, line and sinker. I posted that we would not win the SB and that I would take the field (LAMP). I think this year, we make headway in the playoffs and make it to the SB. From there, it's anyone's guess. 🤞

I'm excited and optimistic, but it feels more quiet and determined. I know this team can be great.

The last two years was a lot of chest puffing because everyone ***** on the Allen pick, crapped on us trading for Diggs and it's been nothing but absolutely right. I was insanely hyped last season when we traded for Miller and it looked like we were just gonna steamroll the league weeks 1-2. Then the injuries happened.

I'd rather this team starts slow and peaks at the right time than comes out guns blazing and runs out of gas by the middle of the season. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Am I alone in lacking the energy and excitement of the last few seasons? Don’t get me wrong, I think that the Bills will be really good. Last year, I was sure that they were winning the Super Bowl. Maybe I just haven’t “recovered” from how last year ended but I’m not feeling that same energy as last year. 

With you 100% on this, Kirby.  

For me, a lot of it has to do with also moving out of WNY, and the impending stadium opening with its PSLs which I said I'd never pay.  

That being said - hopefully tonight and definitely next weekend should do a lot to energize things.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, uninja said:

I'm excited and optimistic, but it feels more quiet and determined. I know this team can be great.

The last two years was a lot of chest puffing because everyone ***** on the Allen pick, crapped on us trading for Diggs and it's been nothing but absolutely right. I was insanely hyped last season when we traded for Miller and it looked like we were just gonna steamroll the league weeks 1-2. Then the injuries happened.

I'd rather this team starts slow and peaks at the right time than comes out guns blazing and runs out of gas by the middle of the season. 

This feels a bit more accurate I'm still excited and optimistic for the season but It's more like I feel more prepared for it to be a dogfight.

• Like (+1) 1

I will be more excited when i see what this defense and offense can really do. Can they score against a good/great defense? Can they slow down a good offense when it counts? Can they pressure the QB and stop pressure against ours? Last years 13 wins were not so convincing at times. Will try to watch this game quietly and just watch.  

A lot of people here are talking about “how stacked the AFC is”, but I’m not so sure.  The AFC west and south look like garbage outside of KC and Jax, and it looks like the north might not be all that, either.  Everyone is talking about the Dolphins, but they barely beat a pretty mediocre Charger team on essentially a neutral field.  If the Bills win impressively tonight, they have to be considered the front runner.

Edited by mannc

I don't get too high or too low when it comes to football. I know some people live and breathe Bills football and it is an integral part of their identity, but that's not really me.

I love football and love the Bills, and I'm excited to watch them play tonight. I don't have less energy about the team, but I don't know if I would describe it that way anyways. I'm confident in the team and excited. I was last year too, and the year before that.

I watch the game for enjoyment. When they win, it feels good. When they lose, I take a deep breath and move on with my day and look forward to next week.

• Like (+1) 1

It feels less certain this season. The last game of last season certainly left an awful taste and possibly some questions as to what kind of team it will be moving forward.

Not much has changed talent wise.

Still talented and should be explosive offensively.

Way more apprehension defensively than offensively.

A convincing win tonight helps with the uncertainty although it is only one game to a long season.

24 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I'm more excited now than last year. This team is better than last year's team. Everyone in the media had us as the favorites and TBD fell for it. Hook, line and sinker. I posted that we would not win the SB and that I would take the field (LAMP). I think this year, we make headway in the playoffs and make it to the SB. From there, it's anyone's guess. 🤞

this is not as nearly impressive as you seem to think it is

For me, personally, it's just something along the lines of a lack of accountability by this particular coaching staff wrt the playoff issues the team has experienced the past two years.  I'd feel more confident about this team if there was more transparency and accountability about 13 Seconds and the Bengals game.  I get it, they're not obligated to be more accountable and transparent outside OBD, but at the same time they want the fans' buy-in and are critical of the media for chasing the "smoke" (i.e., Diggs this offseason).  

I'm as excited as I always am but do not fully trust these coaches to coach up these players at critical moments.  I would love for them to earn my trust this year!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Am I alone in lacking the energy and excitement of the last few seasons? Don’t get me wrong, I think that the Bills will be really good. Last year, I was sure that they were winning the Super Bowl. Maybe I just haven’t “recovered” from how last year ended but I’m not feeling that same energy as last year. 

Right there with you. This thread is therapeutic. Dizzying expectations last season and then disappointment, bad luck, tragedy, literal life and death stuff. I still care deeply but my energy level is no where near where it was the same time last year, the day of the Rams game. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m wary. I do feel like we’re getting to the end of the window with this current team. I think this season’s team is similarly, if not more, talented than they were when they closed out last season at every position except MLB, and I think McDermott calling the D will be an improvement over Leslie “he brings less pressure than any DC in the league” Frazier… but the AFCE is much tougher this year and the team is getting older at a number of key positions, so I feel like if they don’t get over the hump this season they’re going to have to turn over the roster at a number of key positions next season at the expense of a “down” season…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.