Nyheim Hines is suing the person who hit him on a jetski

Draconator

2 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

He needs to be more careful and not put himself in dangerous situations.

If the person was operating under the influence then yes suing seems appropriate but if they weren’t, that’s an unfortunate accident.

You assume risk with you ur actions everyday and some dude who loses control of a jet ski seems like an accident, in fairness it wasn’t me getting my knees twisted the opposite direction and if so I may feel differently.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 7
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, julian said:

If the person was operating under the influence then yes suing seems appropriate but if they weren’t, that’s an unfortunate accident.

You assume risk with you ur actions everyday and some dude who loses control of a jet ski seems like an accident, in fairness it wasn’t me getting my knees twisted the opposite direction and if so I may feel differently.

If you lose control of a jet ski for other than mechanical failure you shouldn't be operating one.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Interesting nothing came of this on the Bills side. From the sounds of his agents tweets, it seemed like for a time we were going to let him go. But that never happened. Wonder if he's still being paid and what the plan is going forward.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Since it was not a football related injury the Bills put him on the NFI list. That means they are not obligated to pay him his salary or any per game roster bonuses. That’s $3M they don’t have to pay him. Also the Bills can choose to pay him his full or a lesser amount. I have no information about what they chose, but I bet they aren’t paying him much, if anything. Thus the lawsuit to recoup his lost earning. 

10 minutes ago, julian said:

If some idiot on a jet ski hit you, tore up your knee and cost you at least $3M you’d only sue if they were drunk or high? LOL You’d sue. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Since it was not a football related injury the Bills put him on the NFI list. That means they are not obligated to pay him his salary or any per game roster bonuses. That’s $3M they don’t have to pay him. Also the Bills can choose to pay him his full or a lesser amount. I have no information about what they chose, but I bet they aren’t paying him much, if anything. Thus the lawsuit to recoup his lost earning. 

If some idiot on a jet ski hit you, tore up your knee and cost you at least $3M you’d only sue if they were drunk or high? LOL You’d sue. 

I’m not American.. we don’t sue up North here lol

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

That's ok buddy.  I don't mind you cost me several millions of loonies.

How aboot we go to the bar, eh?

Every Canadian never.

Lol I don’t care one way or another, if he deserves money I hope he gets it.

Obviously Canadians sue on occasion. But not often due to judge only, no jury trials and the “loser pays” law where the judge can make the plaintiff pay all cost for all 3 parties including the court,

it’s just not prevalent.

Just now, julian said:

Lol I don’t care one way or another, if he deserves money I hope he gets it.

Obviously Canadians sue on occasion. But not often due to judge only, no jury trials and the “loser pays” law where the judge can make the plaintiff pay all cost for all 3 parties including the court,

it’s just not prevalent.

I get it.  I'm just messing with you. 😄

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

He needs to be more careful and not put himself in dangerous situations.

Acrylic cage 24/7?

20 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

That's ok buddy.  I don't mind you cost me several millions of loonies.

How aboot we go to the bar, eh?

Every Canadian never.

Don’t call him buddy, guy.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.