Bills-Jets week 1

Pete

I don't see Rodgers getting 400 yards. He is efficient, has a great TD/INT ratio a lot of times, buy doesn't pile up yardage the way some guys do.

Last year Brady was awful and had a losing record. End of the 3rd quarter he has like 120 yards passing.

Then after the game you look and he ended up with like 390 yards passing and the Bucs lost 19-13 or something. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

13 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

The Bills really need to take advantage and win this game with KC a game down now.

Since KC lost to an NFC team, I think it is pretty much common knowledge that they have actually improved their playoff positioning. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, boyst said:

You'd be back in ATL by noon Monday 

You can reverse time?

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

There are two parts of the passing game.  Throwing and catching.  Gabe Davis will be on the field, remember! 🤣 

We’re much better when the weather is perfect. This, I believe. 

Exactly.  There was a video in slow motion that showed once of Allen's passes getting pushed sideways in the wind.  

He has a strong enough arm to get the ball through the wind but he's not a magician where he can prevent the ball from moving.  Or for it to be less slippery.

When conditions are bad, all teams pass the ball less lol.  

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You can reverse time?

Exactly.  There was a video in slow motion that showed once of Allen's passes getting pushed sideways in the wind.  

He has a strong enough arm to get the ball through the wind but he's not a magician where he can prevent the ball from moving.  Or for it to be less slippery.

Mmhmm.  And considering the matchup, I think the jets have the advantage in the rushing dept.  I think their D is better suited to stop our run than our D is to stop theirs.  Especially with Bernard out there instead of Edmunds. Last year, Josh was the only effective rusher we had vs the jets. 

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

It's a divisional game.  Expect the unexpected.

No matter how the Bills perform, it's week 1.  It doesn't really tell us anything going forward.  

Remember this if they get blown out or if the reverse happens.

Huh? It will give fans a good measuring stick of the Bills team. 

I'm sure there will be many good and bad things the Bills will learn from this game. 

Sure it's one game and no need to overreact because it's a long season. But to say "it really doesn't tell us anything going forward" is inaccurate IMHO. 

32 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Mmhmm.  And considering the matchup, I think the jets have the advantage in the rushing dept.  I think their D is better suited to stop our run than our D is to stop theirs.  Especially with Bernard out there instead of Edmunds. Last year, Josh was the only effective rusher we had vs the jets. 

Not if we are in 12 personnel a lot in which I expect, especially in the rain.

I forgot which team it was who ran a ton of 12 personnel last year but they faced a nickel defense 85% of the time.  They were able to run against light boxes all the time which I why I think James Cook goes off this year.  In the rain, having two good receiving tight ends I think gives us the edge there.

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm sure there will be many good and bad things the Bills will learn from this game. 

Sure it's one game and no need to overreact because it's a long season. But to say "it really doesn't tell us anything going forward" is inaccurate IMHO. 

What did the Bengals starting 0-2 tell us last year?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You can reverse time?

i drive a delorean.

20 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

2003 season opener.  Bills shut out the Patriots 31-0.  Buffalo would go into the bye week 4-4 and lose 6 of their last 8.

Patriots went 14-2 and won the Super Bowl.  

Take week 1 with a grain of salt.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Not if we are in 12 personnel a lot in which I expect, especially in the rain.

I forgot which team it was who ran a ton of 12 personnel last year but they faced a nickel defense 85% of the time.  They were able to run against light boxes all the time which I why I think James Cook goes off this year.  In the rain, having two good receiving tight ends I think gives us the edge there.

What did the Bengals starting 0-2 tell us last year?

I’m excited about the prospects of running with 12 personnel, but I don’t know if swapping Kincaid in for a WR is going to make THAT much of a difference.  The jets DL is what makes their run d formindabke vs our O imo. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

You'd learn more accurate info if instead placing that measuring stick starting at the base or balls (which ever preferred) to know if your more /less than average.

That's the only thing that measuring stick is good for 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Doesn't seem like a lot of media people are going w/ the Bills on this one.

It's a hard one to pick - as a lot of week 1 games are every season. But I just have a feeling that the frustration from the Cincy game combined w/ the Jets hype all offseason is going to lead to a pretty comfy Bills victory.

8 minutes ago, Success said:

Doesn't seem like a lot of media people are going w/ the Bills on this one.

It's a hard one to pick - as a lot of week 1 games are every season. But I just have a feeling that the frustration from the Cincy game combined w/ the Jets hype all offseason is going to lead to a pretty comfy Bills victory.

I can see that happening if  1.) Jets OL struggles and Rodgers isn't meshing with WR's yet  &  2.) Bills implement lots of quick release passes like against the Rams.  Take what they give you. 

anyone else think James Cook has some Jamaal Charles to his game? 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.