Bills sign QB to PS-Shane Buechele

BuffaloBillyG

12 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

1992!?!?!  You were an early adopter.  How did everyone compile the stats?

Fantasy football back then was quite the adventure. Required a lot of pencils and calculators, as I recall.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

His draft profile, which tabs him as a priority UDFA:

Resilient, undersized quarterback who lost his job at Texas but ended up putting together a nice two-year run at SMU. While Buechele was productive and won games, he lacks the mobility, size and arm strength teams typically look for out of a pro quarterback. He has a good football IQ, which gives his draft hopes some life, but ultimately, it will be difficult to stick around.

25 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I won't hold it against him that his dad, former MLB third baseman, is the primary reason I didn't win my fantasy league in 1992.

Funny and related to your comment, Pat Mahomes Sr won me a fantasy title a couple of decades ago.  I picked him up for a spot start on the last day of the season and his stat line was 7.0IP, 10K's, 0 runs, win, no walks and 3 hits allowed.  He was a middle reliever for the Mets but they started him that day.

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I won't hold it against him that his dad, former MLB third baseman, is the primary reason I didn't win my fantasy league in 1992.

That’s something that is a 4 generation grudge.  At least.  You need to enforce it.

Personally I will not acknowledge anyone with the last name Rendon until at least the 27th century.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Funny and related to your comment, Pat Mahomes Sr won me a fantasy title a couple of decades ago.  I picked him up for a spot start on the last day of the season and his stat line was 7.0IP, 10K's, 0 runs, win, no walks and 3 hits allowed.  He was a middle reliever for the Mets but they started him that day.

I remember him with the Twins - MLB debut at 21, and I saw him in spring training. One of those "good stuff, wait till he learns how to pitch a bit" guys. Still waiting.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Shane Buechele.  His name is in the title for Pete’s sake.

This morning the UK Government appointed a woman name Claire Coutinho to the cabinet. Now the Bills sign a Quarterback name Shane Buechele. 

Who knew there were so many humans that I have never heard of? 

• Haha (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I stayed up all night for this ??

Of course - you need practice on staying up all night.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2023/08/31/kansas-city-chiefs-brett-veach-reveals-status-shane-buechele-roster-cuts/

“Still, when you have these young guys that are likely to be gone, you want to see that through. I think sometimes you have to make tough decisions. Obviously, Shane is a good football player. And you know, we love having him around. You know, certainly gonna miss him.”

Buechele played well in the first two preseason games but struggled with two interceptions as the starter for last Saturday’s preseason finale against the Cleveland Browns.

“It was just one of those things where at the end of the day, we always say this all the guys at the end of the day, like make our jobs easy and put it on tape, and that’s where Blaine (Gabbert) came out and won the job,” Veach continued. “It doesn’t make it any easier because I think there was a lot of trust and belief in Shane Buechele and loved him as a player but it wasn’t an easy decision. I think just from a roster management standpoint, and trying to navigate through the D-Line and (Charles) Omenihu suspension and wanting some extra corners because they’re young. They’re just sometimes rostered. As soon as Yeah, decisions you have to make. And that was what we felt was best at this time.”

If you cannot beat them (in playoffs) hire someone who might have some intel.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Fantasy football back then was quite the adventure. Required a lot of pencils and calculators, as I recall.

And Monday Morning USA Today..

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

This morning the UK Government appointed a woman name Claire Coutinho to the cabinet. Now the Bills sign a Quarterback name Shane Buechele. 

Who knew there were so many humans that I have never heard of? 

Do you know Pete?  A lot of people care for his sake.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.