Cody Ford Makes Bengals Roster

wettlaufer

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

Do you even read what you write? That is the exact opposite of what happened. He owned it according to the post you quoted, he did not pass the buck. 

Can you explain to us how that is passing the buck? 

It’s passing the buck in the sense that it’s just empty words. What will they do to ensure it doesn’t happen again? It’s just passing the buck into the wind. 

If Beane would have just said, we made a terrible mistake and that it’s inexcusable and to hold himself accountable that would be great. Maybe he will have enough decency to resign and tell the fan base he failed to accomplish what he set out to do if they don’t win the super bowl this year. I respect that more than anything. 

Edited by Araiza Curse
  • Vomit 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Augie said:

Do you even read what you write? That is the exact opposite of what happened. He owned it according to the post you quoted, he did not pass the buck. 

Can you explain to us how that is passing the buck? 

Huh?  Where did I say that it was?  Why is this particular thread such garbage?

3 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

It’s passing the buck in the sense that it’s just empty words. What will they do to ensure it doesn’t happen again? It’s just passing the buck into the wind. 

No, no it is not. Period. He acknowledged where they went wrong. If there was a magic potion that would prevent all future errors, I’d suggest we all get some sent to our doors. NOBODY is perfect, and that certainly includes you. As for the bold, what do you suggest? Again, do you even read what you type? 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

No, no it is not. Period. He acknowledged where they went wrong. If there was a magic potion that would prevent all future errors, I’d suggest we all get some sent to our doors. NOBODY is perfect, and that certainly includes you. As for the bold, what do you suggest? Again, do you even read what you type? 

I never said I was perfect. All I’m doing is trying to hold this organization accountable. At the end of the day not winning Super Bowls has to fall on someone. How many years do Beane and McD get, honest question? Why aren’t we winning Super Bowls? Don’t tell me because football is hard, we no longer employee Jauron. 

Edited by Araiza Curse
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Araiza Curse said:

I never said I was perfect. All I’m doing is trying to hold this organization accountable. At the end of the day not winning Super Bowls has to fall on someone. How many years do Beane and McD get, honest question? Why aren’t we winning Super Bowls? Don’t tell me because football is hard, we no longer employee Jauron. 

No you're not. You're here to vent emotions in a spectacle.

Beane and McD couldn't give less of a sh*t about your thoughts, and I think you understand that.

Edited by Pine Barrens Mafia

On 8/29/2023 at 11:37 PM, Buffalo619 said:

He plays for a well run organization. Bengals and Burrow is what the Bills and Allen should’ve been. Now they bully our fragile mindset. 

Congrats Cody!!

Taylor and Anarumo gives them elite coaching on both sides and yes, I think systematically they're built to be much more physical than us. I would stop at that point. As an organization, they can't and never will be able to keep up. Brown just doesn't have the money. Not horribly off what we saw with Ralph. As money gets tighter, perks go away, and top down control increases.  

Edited by Mikie2times

3 hours ago, Araiza Curse said:

Closer than we’ve been lately. Maybe this year the Bills will show me something, hope so. Tired of being let down. 

It doesn’t matter, according to you. They are just losers. The NFL has 31 teams full of losers every year. I think you should share that message in person to each of those locker rooms. 

Giannis had a nice response when asked if the season was a loss since he didn’t win the NBA Championship this year. Maybe you could look that up and learn something from an actual professional athlete. 

Actual athletes find your take inane and offensive. 

• Awesome! (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Ok, but how are they not well run?  What's your rationale?

Ownership is a farce, their facilities are dreadful, they have a tiny personnel operation, they are renowned for treating their players poorly and they traditionally don't have a great track record of paying their guys

They had a great 2020 draft, no question, hit it out of the park with their first 3 picks.... but when you pick at the very top of each round after being the worst team in the league it is definitely easier. They drafted Chase the next year too, well done them, and they have made some sensible FA signings. They are legitimately one of the best teams in football right now. But I question their organisational capacity to sustain that. Hitting a couple of home runs is easier than making sensible long term strategic decisions. Because I don't think they are where they are because they are well run, I think they are where they are despite being poorly run. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

On 8/30/2023 at 9:44 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

There was a former player that said the Cardinals would subtract the cost of shipping from your contract when they delivered it to you.

Your signing bonus is $5 million...actually it's $4,995,000 because of the $5 for the stamp.

You might want to get some fresh batteries for your calculator. 😉

2 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

Taylor and Anarumo gives them elite coaching on both sides and yes, I think systematically they're built to be much more physical than us. I would stop at that point. As an organization, they can't and never will be able to keep up. Brown just doesn't have the money. Not horribly off what we saw with Ralph. As money gets tighter, perks go away, and top down control increases.  

Taylor gives them coaching, not elite coaching. Don’t forget the year they made it to the Super Bowl the guy was about to get fired 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/29/2023 at 11:37 PM, Buffalo619 said:

He plays for a well run organization. Bengals and Burrow is what the Bills and Allen should’ve been. Now they bully our fragile mindset. 

Congrats Cody!!

What ? lol this organization has been one of the bottom five run teams since it’s existence.

Would anyone be surprised if they fuc**d up the Burrow contract, if there’s one team in the league Who could mismanage a contract for a no brainer player, it’s Mike Brown and the Bengals.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Araiza Curse said:

Holding the organization accountable by complaining on the internet.....

Thank you for your bravery.

T Square.jpg

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Ownership is a farce, their facilities are dreadful, they have a tiny personnel operation, they are renowned for treating their players poorly and they traditionally don't have a great track record of paying their guys

They had a great 2020 draft, no question, hit it out of the park with their first 3 picks.... but when you pick at the very top of each round after being the worst team in the league it is definitely easier. They drafted Chase the next year too, well done them, and they have made some sensible FA signings. They are legitimately one of the best teams in football right now. But I question their organisational capacity to sustain that. Hitting a couple of home runs is easier than making sensible long term strategic decisions. Because I don't think they are where they are because they are well run, I think they are where they are despite being poorly run. 

Fair enough.

Mike Brown's frugality will be tested here real soon, with Higgins and Burrow due for monster deals.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Fair enough.

Mike Brown's frugality will be tested here real soon, with Higgins and Burrow due for monster deals.  

I don't think they will pay Tee. I think they will pay Joe but a week before the start of his 4th season they haven't. And that in itself is an example of what I mean. Look at the other guys in that top tier... they were all paid by now. But the Bengals gonna Bengal. And Brown isn't just frugal.... by NFL owner standards he is poor. 

The thing I can't see them doing with Burrow is converting salary to bonus year after year to create cap space. And that is what you have to do to remain long term competitive. Unless of course Joe is really gonna sign for 50% of market rate.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think they will pay Tee. I think they will pay Joe but a week before the start of his 4th season they haven't. And that in itself is an example of what I mean. Look at the other guys in that top tier... they were all paid by now. But the Bengals gonna Bengal. And Brown isn't just frugal.... by NFL owner standards he is poor. 

The thing I can't see them doing with Burrow is converting salary to bonus year after year to create cap space. And that is what you have to do to remain long term competitive. Unless of course Joe is really gonna sign for 50% of market rate.

He isn't gonna pay anyone but Joe and they are gonna go to war over it lol

Not gonna be pretty 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, QLBillsFan said:

They have had a nice little run. But remember Mike Brown… that is all 🧐

TJ Houshmandzadeh will talk about how players had to bring their own Gatorade to practice. After Burrow gets paid, and all his guaranteed money is put into escrow, I don’t see them breaking the bank to pay for the surrounding players and putting huge chunks of cash into escrow. Like the Raiders being crippled at one point, I’m not sure if they CAN put the cash up. It’s certainly not their style historically. 

FWIW, they do finally have an indoor practice facility as of this spring. This could be a new mindset, or it could be that they were such a joke something had to be done. I went to college in Cincinnati, and it can be every bit as cold as Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

TJ Houshmandzadeh will talk about how players had to bring their own Gatorade to practice. After Burrow gets paid, and all his guaranteed money is put into escrow, I don’t see them breaking the bank to pay for the surrounding players and putting huge chunks of cash into escrow. Like the Raiders being crippled at one point, I’m not sure if they CAN put the cash up. It’s certainly not their style historically. 

FWIW, they do finally have an indoor practice facility as of this spring. This could be a new mindset, or it could be that they were such a joke something had to be done. I went to college in Cincinnati, and it can be every bit as cold as Buffalo. 

That indoor facility is a bubble over their outside field. 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

That indoor facility is a bubble over their outside field. 

Super fancy! Like football and camping had a baby? 

I admire the Bengals team today, and I’m quite confident they are not a budding dynasty. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.